NYC NT'ers DMV question. Trying to get a ID

polorico

Banned
Im gonna be visiting out there next week , i was trying to get a state ID so i can say i live at my aunts house for a certain amount of time if
i ever decide to go to school in the city.

What do i need to bring ? 2 forms of ID ? can i use my texas state ID ? , and social security card ? or can i use a debit card with my name on it

along with my state id ? 

ive never been to a DMV out in the city , am i , in for a all day line ? also how much do they cost ?

thanks.

I'm pretty sure you need residency for a certain period (6-8 months) before you can get a State ID.

In terms of the best DMV, the least crowded is the one all the way downtown in Battery Park/Financial Center

I'm pretty sure you need 6 points. I think the SS card counts for 2. HS diploma, work ID, credit card, debit card, bank statement, birth certificate are all worth 1 point. Most DMV's now are fairly quick. An 8 year ID is around $13 I believe.

I think they will take the texas ID you got and give you the NY one in its place (assuming you qualify).

if you take the texas id they will take it...did you plan on keeping it? dmv isnt long depending on what you need. i went fro a dl in md and was out in 15 mins. grant it i was already there all damn day trying to register the vehicle.

i want to keep my texas drivers license ..

jw what i need to get a state id

im gonna tell them i moved to my aunts house in harlem.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom