NYC Taxi Driver beaten to death by 3 teenage girls

In the heat of the moment it’s easier said than done to fully process and analyze a situation on how to best react. But if he wasn’t strapped, chasing them probably wasn’t the best move. And even if he was and justifiably defended himself, this is in NY where that would’ve opened the door to a different type of trouble for him. It was a no win situation here. He could’ve called the cops and more likely than not they wouldn’t have done ****.

But they need to start throwing the book at offenders for crimes like this. Same with the situation in DC a few years back. If you’re stealing from a store in the mall or selling weed and it’s your first mess up, you shouldn’t have your life ruined over that. Especially if you’re a teen. Teach them a lesson, do something with the intent to deter and rehabilitate or whatever.

But if you’re a repeat common criminal who hasn’t learned like the dude who delivered the finishing blow here. You shouldn’t see the light of day again after an incident like this. Especially after you didn’t learn a damn thing after the first, second or 10th chance.

or he should've never picked them up
or they should've never skipped the fare

Obviously they shouldn't have not skipped the fare, but chasing a group of teenagers was going to lead to nothing but a bad outcome either way you look at it. People gotta start looking at situations for what they really are.

Dude should be locked up being a repeat offender and hanging around 13 and 15 year old girls when he 20 (if those ain’t his kin).

While going after them wasn’t the best move, I’m giving grace to the victim because he’s an immigrant and probably has different rules of conduct about addressing kids. Some girls, probably the age of his oldest daughter from that pic, are being disrespectful so he’s going to attempt to reprimand them.

One teen suspect has yet to be found? Not sure how long they can run from given age. Just need to turn yourself in or whoever is aiding them.

One teen suspect has yet to be found? Not sure how long they can run from given age. Just need to turn yourself in or whoever is aiding them.

The mother probably got the kid hiding out at different relatives places. Probably no further than 15 minutes away from the mother’s place at best. Kid will be caught before the weekend is here.

Kids ain't doing bids.
was riding the train home today and these kids were basically bragging about getting caught for armed robbery and being booked knowing damn well there aren't any consequences for their actions. if i had to guess, they were 15 yrs old, if that. it was sad, they were so proud and felt like they were earning their stripes

Just sad all around. :smh:

Only thing that comes to mind as to why the driver decided to go after those POS is that considering the time, it was a big fare. 5 people at 6:30 a.m. Saturday morning in Far Rock sounds like they were out Friday night somewhere that it made more sense catching a (free) cab vs. taking the overnight train.

A big fare owed after driving to Far Rock from who knows where.

Last edited:
was riding the train home today and these kids were basically bragging about getting caught for armed robbery and being booked knowing damn well there aren't any consequences for their actions. if i had to guess, they were 15 yrs old, if that. it was sad, they were so proud and felt like they were earning their stripes

Like I said earlier…….we need more jails for kids.

Turnstyle city?
i don’t know the specifics of it because i prefer to block out the news to be very honest

but something with bail reform and i think overpopulated prisons here made it pretty hard to lock people up despite their priors

new york city is basically becoming what it was during the 80s

Yeah nyc basically opened up the jails with the free bail for basically anything that’s not a shooting.

NYC going back to Fear City.
c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800-2.jpg
c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800-3.jpg

Yeah nyc basically opened up the jails with the free bail for basically anything that’s not a shooting.
The governor had to recently intervene and send someone back to jail who put a guy in a coma. guy was on parole and previously locked up for raping a minor.

I come in peace but why do you think more jails is the answer?

Violence/crime is on the rise among kids…….particularly in inner cities. Now that kids believe they will only get a slap on the wrist and maybe not even that I foresee kids doing more and more violent crimes.

Generally speaking society is not going to care about what “the so called” system should or shouldn’t have done to assist these kids or their families. If somebody is the victim of a crime like this taxi cab driver a judge or jury is not going to be worried “the system “……the judge or jury is going to hold the kid or kids responsible, hopefully resulting in a sentence to jail.

Back
Top Bottom