(NYC Williamsburg area) and Shotgun/Railroad apartment UNappreciation vol :mad

Long story short, I'm moving back to NYC in 6 weeks ...have the money, have the job, transferring colleges but, HOUSING!

Used to live in Williamsburg in a prime location close to the L train which was a 7min ride to Mid-town and 20min to my school.

I'm moving back and looking for something in Williamsburg $1250 or less, and everything  is RAILROAD
mad.gif

Used to share an apartment with my little brother, I had the master bedroom, he had the smaller.

Think is my little brother leads an "alternative lifestyle" and many mornings BEFORE or AFTER work I'm walk in the "the horror"
laugh.gif

This pretty much solidified my partiality towards railroad apartments, there's no privacy and you have to walk through someone else's room

...My brother and his partner have found a nice area not to far from Woodside

where Entourage's Vince is from. I'm from Queens, but Brooklyn has become a more safer and attractive borough.

Any NYC'ers know of any good areas with non-railroad style apts. close to Greenpoint, Williamsburg, Bushwick (safe diverse part
laugh.gif
) or Dumbo?
Only part of Queens I'm willing to accept is Ridgewood which is basically "East Williamsburg"

Long story short, I'm moving back to NYC in 6 weeks ...have the money, have the job, transferring colleges but, HOUSING!

Used to live in Williamsburg in a prime location close to the L train which was a 7min ride to Mid-town and 20min to my school.

I'm moving back and looking for something in Williamsburg $1250 or less, and everything  is RAILROAD
mad.gif

Used to share an apartment with my little brother, I had the master bedroom, he had the smaller.

Think is my little brother leads an "alternative lifestyle" and many mornings BEFORE or AFTER work I'm walk in the "the horror"
laugh.gif

This pretty much solidified my partiality towards railroad apartments, there's no privacy and you have to walk through someone else's room

...My brother and his partner have found a nice area not to far from Woodside

where Entourage's Vince is from. I'm from Queens, but Brooklyn has become a more safer and attractive borough.

Any NYC'ers know of any good areas with non-railroad style apts. close to Greenpoint, Williamsburg, Bushwick (safe diverse part
laugh.gif
) or Dumbo?
Only part of Queens I'm willing to accept is Ridgewood which is basically "East Williamsburg"

Greenpoint is gorgeous. My buddy has a three BR, second story walkup. It's quiet, safe, and close to Manhattan. It still has an oldschool, neighborhood feel. If you can deal with the occasional drunk Polish fight, then I'd say look there.

Greenpoint is gorgeous. My buddy has a three BR, second story walkup. It's quiet, safe, and close to Manhattan. It still has an oldschool, neighborhood feel. If you can deal with the occasional drunk Polish fight, then I'd say look there.

you cant find a non rail road apartment for $1250? you're not searching right. there's places in the east village/chinatown for that price, where you'll get your own room. you just need to find a roommate. hit craigslist.

you cant find a non rail road apartment for $1250? you're not searching right. there's places in the east village/chinatown for that price, where you'll get your own room. you just need to find a roommate. hit craigslist.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Greenpoint is gorgeous. My buddy has a three BR, second story walkup. It's quiet, safe, and close to Manhattan.

I hang out in Greenpoint frequently in the summer, especially during the festivals my apartment was two train stops away on the L, Greenpoint was walking distance.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Greenpoint is gorgeous. My buddy has a three BR, second story walkup. It's quiet, safe, and close to Manhattan.

I hang out in Greenpoint frequently in the summer, especially during the festivals my apartment was two train stops away on the L, Greenpoint was walking distance.

I USED TO LIVE IN "EAST WILLIAMSBURG" AND EVERYTHING THERE IS RAILROAD...THATS HOW THAT NEIGHBORHOOD WAS BUILT IN THE EARLY 1900's

TRY HITTING CRAIGS LIST

OR TRY HOBOKEN...I HEARD THEY ARE CHEAP AND THE PATH RIDE INTO THE CITY IS THE EQUIVALENT TO THE L TRAIN FROM LORIMER TO UNION SQUARE.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
"ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I USED TO LIVE IN "EAST WILLIAMSBURG" AND EVERYTHING THERE IS RAILROAD...THATS HOW THAT NEIGHBORHOOD WAS BUILT IN THE EARLY 1900's

TRY HITTING CRAIGS LIST

OR TRY HOBOKEN...I HEARD THEY ARE CHEAP AND THE PATH RIDE INTO THE CITY IS THE EQUIVALENT TO THE L TRAIN FROM LORIMER TO UNION SQUARE.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
"ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

r7ro6p.jpg

East Villiage? Really? That was my top choice I have children and want them to attend Stuyvesant High School in the future, but I need to save so I have to move somewhere affordable.
East Villiage/ 10th was $3500 - $4500, I just cant afford that right now, I'm only 27
laugh.gif
and still in school.

r7ro6p.jpg

East Villiage? Really? That was my top choice I have children and want them to attend Stuyvesant High School in the future, but I need to save so I have to move somewhere affordable.
East Villiage/ 10th was $3500 - $4500, I just cant afford that right now, I'm only 27
laugh.gif
and still in school.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

move to east ny
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
I heard the Pink Houses were prime real estate with a marvelous view, and the natives are friendly some even kind enough to help you with your finances
laugh.gif

Only time you catch me even remotely close to East Brooklyn is if I'm at Fulton Mall, or the strip...and I'm gone before twilight
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

move to east ny
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
I heard the Pink Houses were prime real estate with a marvelous view, and the natives are friendly some even kind enough to help you with your finances
laugh.gif

Only time you catch me even remotely close to East Brooklyn is if I'm at Fulton Mall, or the strip...and I'm gone before twilight
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by rocman23

what is a railroad apartment
you ever had to walk through subway carts? yeah same idea. to get from one room to another you'd have to pass through it, there are no hallways basically.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by rocman23

what is a railroad apartment
you ever had to walk through subway carts? yeah same idea. to get from one room to another you'd have to pass through it, there are no hallways basically.

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

r7ro6p.jpg

laugh.gif
and still in school.
well yeah, i figured you'd be splitting it with a roommate(s)

you can find 2 bedrooms for $1900 (total) and up in the East Village/Lower East Side.  Just depends how much space you want and if you don't mind sharing it with roaches.

But a LOT of my friends life right off the Bedford/Lorimer stops in Williamsburgh, all 3 bedrooms, all around $2300 with decent space.  You gotta look harder. Maybe hire a broker?

Back
Top Bottom