NYC Winter Storm 2020

Anyone have stuff they need to have during storms. For us we always get pizza during the snow storm then eat left over next day. Also wine need to have wine LOL

Anyone have stuff they need to have during storms. For us we always get pizza during the snow storm then eat left over next day. Also wine need to have wine LOL

You go out and get it or you make them delivery drivers go out in the middle of it?

Where you at? DC?

Hoping it'll be the same in NYC but probably not.

It's crazy how as a kid you love the snow and as an adult it is the exact opposite lol.

You might get a mix. It's low 20's in Boston so we definitely getting snow.

I don't want to shovel. Hope we hardly get anything.

Oh yeah, optimum / altice always sends us emails saying to expect service outages during any rainstorm or snowstorm. They suck. When I had verizon fios there could be a blizzard and service would never go out.

weather is nice here right now. we still hitting the beach to get our kids outta the house. i wish we had colder seasonal weather though.
A1652823-D560-4134-8BA4-F9AE4954A580.png

Be safe out there, everyone. No lie, I miss feeling that true feeling of winter. But damn, winter is COLD out there.

Glad I was able to experience a snow day in my life.

Last year I can't remember if we even had snow. Didn't even have to wear my winter jacket last winter.

Is there any benefit to throwing salt on the ground before the storm?

I do it every year but it’s still a ***** to shovel after everything settles. Can some up north NTers shed some light.

Is there any benefit to throwing salt on the ground before the storm?

I do it every year but it’s still a ***** to shovel after everything settles. Can some up north NTers shed some light.

I wouldn't do it. This snow is supposed to be light and fluffy. Easy to shovel. If you add salt first, it will probably melt the first layer and create a slushy effect. That will just make it heavier. Salt is good for ice that's about it. If you're looking for traction, sand.

Back
Top Bottom