NYC's Niketown store shuttered due to bedbugs

Originally Posted by mjt26

Unlike roaches, bed bugs don't come from being nasty. NYC however should have attempted to stop them in a more proactive manner years ago. I've been hearing about these things for years and now they've spread all over the country.

Bed bugs start small, but you can see them with the naked eye. Once you've encountered them, you'll freak out over piece of lint that finds its way onto your bed. Be on the lookout for dark stains and the corners of your beds.

I don't think there was a way for Niketown to prevent this. If someone brought them in, sat on some furniture, its all over. You just have to pray that you've gotten to all the places they've gotten to.
yup completely agree with what you said.  its not from being nasty, its from someone nasty coming into the store and they jump on to the furniture and clothes etc.

its been said they have been spreading across the US mainly through transport vehicles loading and unloading stuff when they hitch a ride onto cargo....so its becoming not just a household problem now, its at theaters etc.  so next time you go watch a movie, think about whats crawling on you or into your pockets or bags
wink.gif

so with $15 plus for a movie ticket and chances of bed bugs...ill pass again on going to the movies

Originally Posted by Natural 9

How can they even see the bed bugs.  Arent they microscopic?

no they aren't, you can see them...

When you're in a hotel keep suitcase, open stuff, etc. OFF the floor is a good rule I go by.

Hard to sleep in a hotel bed thinking there might be some little critter going "oh boy, dinner" just hanging out waiting for you to fall asleep
frown.gif

The bill to fumigate the whole store will be $$$$, I can imagine LOL

When you're in a hotel keep suitcase, open stuff, etc. OFF the floor is a good rule I go by.

Hard to sleep in a hotel bed thinking there might be some little critter going "oh boy, dinner" just hanging out waiting for you to fall asleep
frown.gif

The bill to fumigate the whole store will be $$$$, I can imagine LOL

the mess was on the 3rd floor it was an isolated issue they just closed the entire store to make sure nothing else was found they'll b open tomorrow

the mess was on the 3rd floor it was an isolated issue they just closed the entire store to make sure nothing else was found they'll b open tomorrow

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

That's the customer service and running floor.

I guarantee a customer (most likely a tourist) brought them in. This part of the year is when NTNY has its most store traffic (10,000 customers/day) for the NYC Marathon and it wouldn't be hard at all for someone to bring something into that store.

Far from it.

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

That's the customer service and running floor.

I guarantee a customer (most likely a tourist) brought them in. This part of the year is when NTNY has its most store traffic (10,000 customers/day) for the NYC Marathon and it wouldn't be hard at all for someone to bring something into that store.

Far from it.

dang that running floor. not surprised cuz every time i hit the running floor there are always tourists and foreigners there.

dang that running floor. not surprised cuz every time i hit the running floor there are always tourists and foreigners there.

Yep. Mercer got hit. I saw it on Good Day NY this morning. I think someone is intentionally doing this. It makes absolutely no sense at this point.

Yep. Mercer got hit. I saw it on Good Day NY this morning. I think someone is intentionally doing this. It makes absolutely no sense at this point.

Back
Top Bottom