NYPD Officer Killed Chasing Suspect in East Harlem

Risking your life is part of the job description. No sympathy here

And we all know the type of people who become cops. Double down on that no sympathy.

Last edited:
Risking your life is part of the job description. No sympathy here

And we all know the type of people who become cops. Double down on that no sympathy.

Damb famb, you cold blooded :lol:

Danger is part of the job true, and as a result their is a high chance you might lose your life.

We pay cops a premium to take on this risk, but we do that for many other jobs

If a coal miner gets killed you don't here folk say "I have no sympathy, he risked his life" (but of course there are some :lol:)

Even though someone willing takes on the danger and extra risk, it is still sad and unfortunate when that person lose their life just doing there job.

Calling for a end to systematic racism/bias, demanding justice for innocent people killed by the police and still feeling sympathy for cops that have died should not be mutually exclusive in my opinion

-----------
That being said no where in laws does it say not cooperating with police orders, running away from them, or making them uncomfortable is punishable by death

Police killing fleeing suspects only became illegal in like what, 1980s?

The police no have a built in excuse that just feeling in danger give them the right to kill someone. Doesn't matter if the threat was real or not, a cop just has to say he was unafraid and he can spray with impunity. That to me is ridiculous

We pay police a big premium to take on the risk, tax payer also foot the bill for all the wrongful death lawsuits that the police cause, so I in no way find it unreasonable to demand that we raise the standards for the police.

Last edited:
If you go to war, and you get shot...it's really not that weird. Veterans did it to themselves. 

If they didnt get drafted they sure as hell did it to themselves. What did they expect? To sit around and watch cartoons all day with their bunk mates?

With that said I still have a lot of respect for them. Unlike cops they did it out of selflessness.

Danger is part of the job, and as a result their is a high chance you might lose your life.

If a coal miner gets killed you don't here folk say "I have no sympathy, he risked his life" (but of course there are some :lol:)

Even though someone willing takes on the danger and extra risk, it is still sad and unfortunate when that person lose their life just doing there job.

Calling for a end to systematic racism/bias, demanding justice for innocent people killed by the police and still feeling sympathy for cops that have died should not be mutually exclusive in my opinion

-----------
That being said no where in laws does it say not cooperating with police orders, running away from them, or making them uncomfortable is punishable by death

The police no have a built in excuse that just feeling in danger give them the right to kill someone. Doesn't matter if the threat was real or not, a cop just has to say he was unafraid and he can spray with impunity. That to me is ridiculous

We pay police a big premium to take on the risk, tax payer also foot the bill for all the wrongful death lawsuits that the police cause, so I in no way find it unreasonable to demand that we raise the standards for the police.

Those wrongful death suits should come out of their pension funds. Fear of your life is no excuse if you are paid to take on that fear. Thats like feeling bad for a competitive hot dog eater if he eats to the point of barfing.

I do agree on the non mutually exclusive part. But it is not a problem on my end. Its on them. They can miss me with the victim card. They brought the hate they have upon themselves

Uh huh, all the black soldiers that fought in the civil war did it to themselves.

did you miss the part where I said if they only did it to themselves if they didnt get drafted?

But fine since you want to pretend you didnt understand me they didnt do it to themselves if they were forced or brainwashed either.

Danger is part of the job, and as a result their is a high chance you might lose your life.

-----------

Those wrongful death suits should come out of their pension funds. Fear of your life is no excuse if you are paid to take on that fear. Thats like feeling bad for a competitive hot dog eater if he eats to the point of barfing.

I do agree on the non mutually exclusive part. But it is not a problem on my end. Its on them. They can miss me with the victim card. They brought the hate they have upon themselves

I completely agree on this

Oh so, no soldier has an honorable cause to fight? They have to be forced to fight in order for you to respect them? That's one of the most cowardly things I've ever heard but it makes perfect sense coming from you.

I don't empathize with women who die during pregnancy, they did it to themselves. 

Flambait, but I'll bite. Where did I say this? I said I respect soldiers. I didnt say I only respect x or y soldiers. I said I cant feel bad for soldiers complaining that they got shot in war unless they were forced.

Do you want me to record my arguments since you cant read?

Last edited:
brooklyn cop is dead....

but zimmerman, alpo, frank white, nickie barnes, and the guy who killed malcolm x are running around free?

no structure in the streets 
mean.gif

Last edited:
You said you respected soldiers who get drafted, at least that's what i thought you said. I'm personally calling bullcrap, you empathize with soldiers depending on the cause. I smell bull##@, you clearly only said that for the sake of the argument.

I have no empathy for people who die during car accidents, they knew the risks and still decided not to walk.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

"With that said I still have a lot of respect for them. Unlike cops they did it out of selflessness"

Them meaning soldiers.

No use arguing with the illiterate on a web forum. Im out

Last edited:

Can you elaborate on these more constructive ways?

Just to clarify....

you think that the rate of shootings / killings...

for a group of people whose job is to engage and apprehend people, many of whom are criminals or have little regard for the law.

should be compared...

to the entire population of black Americans... most of which have no interaction with criminals or firearms

..and a point can be proven?

So your saying being black is comparable in safety to having a job that requires you to apprehend criminals. If that's what you're saying, I agree. What cops are doing is criminal.. and they do it at similar rates as criminals.

What cops are doing it not criminal. By law they are allowed to shoot people they feel are a  threat, and the statistics I posted show that a majority of those people are indeed armed.

Again I was responding to the comment in this thread that the police death rate is miniscule. If that number is miniscule then the shooting of citizens (majority of whom where armed) is also miniscule. These very low rates of shootings in the population are contrary to this notion that the police are out there killing innocent people left and right. 

People are quick to post the raw numbers of people being shot by the police, the second somebody actually breaks down those numbers they all of a sudden don't mean anything. :lol:

"Dude 900 people were killed by the police this year, that's crazy". GTHO.:lol:  If you carry a weapon and get shot, it's really not that weird. People choose to focus on the stories were the perp is unarmed when that accounts for a small percentage of the overall number.  And breaking down the number who got shot unarmed, we don't know how many of those were provoked. 

To make matters worse, non-police inflicted homicides something that is ACTUALLY a pandemic is increasing at alarming rates.

View media item 1757078

Homicide rates in general are actually down tho.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...major-cities-murder-rates-drop-precipitously/

Last edited:
Homicide rates in the inner city and minority areas are increasing

They are decreasing in the burbs and gentrified areas

This cop's death is not going to cause outrage among white people because he's black. Noticed this ******* Pat Lynch toned down his usual rhetoric that he reserves for when white cops get shot

This cop's death is not going to cause outrage among white people because he's black. Noticed this ******* Pat Lynch toned down his usual rhetoric that he reserves for when white cops get shot

Doesn't seem like it's causing much outrage among black people either.

Homicide rates in the inner city and minority areas are increasing

They are decreasing in the burbs and gentrified areas

This isn't true. They're pretty much steady or lower nationwide. If you watch the news they'll brainwash you to believe you something different.

Just like how Chicago became a Republican talking point. They exploited them by publicizing everything that occurred. We used to get Monday updates about what occurred over the weekend. But if you look at the murder rate over the past 40 years, the past 5 years has been the safest.

In New York, the past four years has been the safest.

Last edited:
You sound pretty miserable, but believe it or not there are good people in all professions.

This is true, however, the 'good' ones never report the bad ones. Also there's no other profession that I can think of that has so much power and authority over someone's life. Maybe a judge, but you see a cop before a judge.

Last edited by a moderator:
You sound pretty miserable, but believe it or not there are good people in all professions.

I completely agree. But like it or not that's the minority if not the vast minority. The system of protecting bad cops and targeting good cops who speak out is obviously not in their favor.

Good cops do not do anything about bad cops. I should not have to say why this is a problem. Especially considering black people get judged for the "no snithin" thing when someone in the hood gets killed and no one speaks up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom