Oakland Raiders fans

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

wow, mel kiper and todd mcshay has everyone brainwashed.
Im watchin jim rome, and these guys are sayin no one has ever heard of mike mitchell and no team was gonna even draft him.
smh.gif

the vid is nothing ground breaking , just mitchell workin out
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, you are making it seem as if Kiper and McShay are the only ones lobbing"WTH?" bombs.

Mike Mitchell tore up Ohio State, hold on while I hold my laughter. Mike Mitchell destroyed Wyoming,
laugh.gif

The Mike Mitchell pick is getting slammed across the board, not just by McShay and Kiper.

You call that vid impressive, MM going from the Safety spot unblocked and smacking Boeckman,
laugh.gif

Stay away from ESPN, go on Yahoo, SI, SportingNews, etc. Everyone is slamming that pick.

Taylor Mays was a beast during that Ohio State game, and ya'll still give him !%#+. All of a sudden, MM' performance is supposed to be impressive.

DHB was a 2-3 rounder until he ran that 4.28 40 at the combine.

A couple of more notes on MM, not from McShay or Kiper:

f. The Mid-American Conference has first-, second- and third-team all-conference teams. Ohio University safety Michael Mitchell did not make any of the three last fall. The Raiders used the 15th pick of the second round on Mitchell.

g. I asked three GMs Saturday and Sunday where they had Mitchell on their boards. One said he had a seventh-round grade. Two said he had a free-agent grade.

h. Mitchell is the highest-drafted player of this decade not to have been invited to the combine.

i. You get the point. The pick of Mitchell, and where he was picked, was greeted with as much incredulity as any pick I remember. The only team clearly in competition for him was Chicago.

There is nothing wrong with finding a steal, and most come out of obscurity, MM is not coming out of obscurity. Even if he becomes slightlysuccessful, as a second round pick, he isn't a steal.

dude, let it go. stop trying to bait people. both of you are acting real dumb in here. you wanna argue with people for no reason, pm them.

Who is baiting? Really dumb statement to make.

^
Its okay, raider fans just trying to justify their picks to make them feel better with having one of the %#%#iest drafts

dude, let it go. stop trying to bait people. both of you are acting real dumb in here. you wanna argue with people for no reason, pm them.

Who is baiting? Really dumb statement to make.

you and bigmike dude. talking nonsense about raider fans like we are all a bunch of senseless homers just because you see the so cal morons whoarent even real fans. serious dude you work for the number one cholo nation team in the country. funny thing is there are more idiots/fights at dodger gamesthan at raider games in the bay. those dudes dont travel north
laugh.gif

f. The Mid-American Conference has first-, second- and third-team all-conference teams. Ohio University safety Michael Mitchell did not make any of the three last fall. The Raiders used the 15th pick of the second round on Mitchell.

g. I asked three GMs Saturday and Sunday where they had Mitchell on their boards. One said he had a seventh-round grade. Two said he had a free-agent grade.

h. Mitchell is the highest-drafted player of this decade not to have been invited to the combine.

i. You get the point. The pick of Mitchell, and where he was picked, was greeted with as much incredulity as any pick I remember. The only team clearly in competition for him was Chicago.

what does all conference have to do with anything?
U or whoever is basing a football player on the media selections? the same media that picks bogus heismans, bogus player awards.. okay. so only all conferenceand butkus/ lombardi winners and heisman winners should go 1st day of the draft.
The only team clearly in competition for him was Chicago.

and there u just nailed why the %!*$ the raiders couldnt wait to select him, thats the only thing that counts, IF U COVET APLAYER, and a team behind u covets that same player, U DRAFT HIM. WHAT THE %!*$ DONT U OR ANYONE ELSE UNDERSTAND?
Chicago was gonna take him, Cincinatti loved him. The Raiders loved him, they took him.

laugh.gif
at Taylor Mays.
Mays has hit maybe 4 people like that in 3 yrs despite playin on an all star team. Dont bring that robotic scrub up to try and get some sympathy for him cushe gets bashed for being a non ball hawking/non impact play makin mannequin pretending to be free safety.

I trust Marvin Lewis and Lovie Smiths' defensive football talent evaluations more than I do yours, mel kipers or Todd mcshays.
If the Bears made this pick, it woulda been, "O a surprise, he's a sleeper. Lovie knows somethin about defense ,We trust his judgement. "
but its the Raiders and the in thang is to follow up behind ESPN like worker Ants followin their queen and dismiss the selection.

and I am far from a raider fan homie, I am someone who can base my judgements on actual facts not be a rat followin the pied piper

All i can say is i hope what cable and davis saw is forreal; like i can see how he can stretch the field and open it up for the rb or even javon; and if thecorners dont defend him then he's wide open for a bomb. But thats all IF

^^qft

knocking the raiders and al davis is what people love to do. i bet if raiders picked crabtree, these "analysts" wouldve slammed it, saying, he doesntfit the raiders system or philosophy, etc. its a lose/lose situation

if bill belichek made that pick, they wouldve praised him for going out and scouting and finding a gem. and saying thats why the pats are consistently winning

hopefully, they can protect jamarcus long enough so he can chuck that deep ball and let dhb go get it

and im still waiting for mike williams and robert gallery to kick off their HOF careers. basically, we dont know if anyone is gonna be a bust or superstaruntil they step on the field

Like Uter touched on, these kids are going to have huge chips on their shoulders. Motivation is an understatement.

If I'm Tom Cable, I play that Cris Carter video everyday for DHB in practice.

Some of the most successful atheletes in sports used media hate as their motivation.

This could be no different.

U or whoever is basing a football player on the media selections? the same media that picks bogus heismans, bogus player awards.. okay. so only all conference and butkus/ lombardi winners and heisman winners should go 1st day of the draft.

and there u just nailed why the %!*$ the raiders couldnt wait to select him, thats the only thing that counts, IF U COVET A PLAYER, and a team behind u covets that same player, U DRAFT HIM. WHAT THE %!*$ DONT U OR ANYONE ELSE UNDERSTAND?
Chicago was gonna take him, Cincinatti loved him. The Raiders loved him, they took him.

laugh.gif
at Taylor Mays.
Mays has hit maybe 4 people like that in 3 yrs despite playin on an all star team. Dont bring that robotic scrub up to try and get some sympathy for him cus he gets bashed for being a non ball hawking/non impact play makin mannequin pretending to be free safety.

I trust Marvin Lewis and Lovie Smiths' defensive football talent evaluations more than I do yours, mel kipers or Todd mcshays.
If the Bears made this pick, it woulda been, "O a surprise, he's a sleeper. Lovie knows somethin about defense ,We trust his judgement. "
but its the Raiders and the in thang is to follow up behind ESPN like worker Ants followin their queen and dismiss the selection.

and I am far from a raider fan homie, I am someone who can base my judgements on actual facts not be a rat followin the pied piper

No one is saying that you should only draft award winners on the 1st day,
laugh.gif

You just don't draft a no name scrub from the MAC conference because he tore up Ohio State, in the second round.

As you should, but just because you jumped ship doesn't mean you are not a rat following the pied piper. You are just following others thatare blowing the pipe, jumping on the "Raiders take chances" bandwagon.

Nobody knows much about Mike Mitchell, and from the video's that have been posted he is a hard hitting safety with great closing speed. Will that make hima solid Safety, we don't know? You are basing your judgements on the small sample, of a dude from a MAC squad. Great coaches fall in love with playersall the time, even with their expertise, it doesn't save them from being wrong from time to time.

I don't think the reaction to Lovie's picks would have been
eek.gif
,"He found a sleeper". Look at the Bears draft history and you would see that. I won't count 2008, because it is still too early to judge thatclass, but look at the defensive guys Lovie has reached on. Bottom line is that the Mike Mitchell pick would have been scrutanized regardless of what teamwould have reached for him.

Dan Bazuin, Central Michigan (2nd Round)
Michael Okwo, Stanford (3rd Round)

Dusty Davoracek, Oklahoma (3rd Round)

He did find Chris Harris in the 6th round in 2005, he is starting for Carolina. Now, we can't attribute all that to Lovie, since they do have personelguys ultimately making the decision.

It is safe to say with no coaches being GM's now that coaches do not make the best talent evaluators.

The Raiders are getting knocked on for a reason. DHB is fast, and a decent route runner. He is fast, but he drops a ton of balls. Yet, you call Crabtree ascrub. Mike Mitchell, from the little information we have is hard hitting safety. He probably could have been someones steal, a diamond in the rough. However, now that he got drafted in the second round, he will not be coming out from obscurity.

The Raiders reached and if the Bears would have done it, they would have reached as well.

For the record the Raiders had a better pass defense than the Bears.

I'm not trying to defend Taylor Mays, just saying that you drop the scrub label constantly. Then you see this kid on a short Youtube clip and your sold,
laugh.gif

Trust your judgement Gunna, I know I am.

I've seen the vids, numerous times, impressive. Then I saw the team he was lined up against, not so impressive. I'm not sold on this kid.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

U or whoever is basing a football player on the media selections? the same media that picks bogus heismans, bogus player awards.. okay. so only all conference and butkus/ lombardi winners and heisman winners should go 1st day of the draft.

and there u just nailed why the %!*$ the raiders couldnt wait to select him, thats the only thing that counts, IF U COVET A PLAYER, and a team behind u covets that same player, U DRAFT HIM. WHAT THE %!*$ DONT U OR ANYONE ELSE UNDERSTAND?

laugh.gif
at Taylor Mays.
Mays has hit maybe 4 people like that in 3 yrs despite playin on an all star team. Dont bring that robotic scrub up to try and get some sympathy for him cus he gets bashed for being a non ball hawking/non impact play makin mannequin pretending to be free safety.

No one is saying that you should only draft award winners on the 1st day,
laugh.gif

You just don't draft a no name scrub from the MAC conference because he tore up Ohio State, in the second round.

That wasn't the reason they drafted him. They took him that early because Chicago had interest in him.

Regardless of what people think of Chicago's draft history, their interest in Mitchell shows that 1) it wasn't just Oakland who had him on their radarand 2) it justifies his selection that early in the draft.

That wasn't the reason they drafted him. They took him that early because Chicago had interest in him.

Regardless of what people think of Chicago's draft history, their interest in Mitchell shows that 1) it wasn't just Oakland who had him on their radar and 2) it justifies his selection that early in the draft.
Like I said, the pick would have been criticized regardless. The Bears, have been known to reach for defensive players. If the Bears would havenabbed him in the second round, I don't think the reaction would have been "Gee, golly, the Bears and their sleepers. They know what they aredoing". The Bears would have been criticized as well.

He was in other teams radars, just not as a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Regardless of what people think of Chicago's draft history, their interest in Mitchell shows that 1) it wasn't just Oakland who had him on their radar and 2) it justifies his selection that early in the draft.
Like I said, the pick would have been criticized regardless. The Bears, have been known to reach for defensive players. If the Bears would have nabbed him in the second round, I don't think the reaction would have been "Gee, golly, the Bears and their sleepers. They know what they are doing". The Bears would have been criticized as well.

He was in other teams radars, just not as a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

True, but add that to the DHB pick I can see why people are being so critical of our picks...imagine if we took Crabtree 7th and then MM in the 2nd, Idon't think it would be looked exactly the same way it is now...

I could care less what other think of our picks. AL DAVIS is my boy and i'll stick by him.

Like my fellow Raider 2Pac use to say it's just me against the world.
300_420435.jpg

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Do ya'll expect anything from Michael Bush this year? Dude was a certified beast at Louisville.
hell yeah he had a pretty good year last year

I think Michael Bush is a great asset to this team, I see him being very important to the future.

Of our three RB's, I think Fargas is the one we can let go, as much as it pains me to admit. I like him a lot, but we could probably snatch something nicein a trade with him.

I don't know why everyone's complainging about the pick it aint that big of a surprise. davis loves speed more so than anything else. chris johnson,higgins, dmc, fabian washington, etc. james jett too

the raiders will be good this year take my word.... that or ill be very broke man. dhb will be alright we just goin to run run run and throw it over your head

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Do ya'll expect anything from Michael Bush this year? Dude was a certified beast at Louisville.
that was like 3 years ago though
grin.gif
Michael Bush did great when he got minutes. He's a beast, definitely compliments McFadden well.

Back
Top Bottom