Oakland RAIDERS OffSeason Thread

Damn, I dunno what to think. But I know that Lechler was really pissed, and Lechler is a captain of the team.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

2-8 outside the division. 0-6 outside the afc/nfc west. if we had lost that last game, no one would be crying about Cable being fired. i guess mediocrity and failure is ok as long as we look good in our division games.
laugh.gif

umm yeah mediocrity was actually ok after %!!+@!$ stinking up the joint for a decade. Gotta start somewhere homie, and if we continue to change coaches every year and a half we wont even be mediocre. Im sure this means Big Rich wont be back, Bush will be gone, and Nnamdi is bouncing after next year.

Think im bout to give up on football, when is hockey season?

2-8 outside the division. 0-6 outside the afc/nfc west. if we had lost that last game, no one would be crying about Cable being fired. i guess mediocrity and failure is ok as long as we look good in our division games.
laugh.gif

umm yeah mediocrity was actually ok after %!!+@!$ stinking up the joint for a decade. Gotta start somewhere homie, and if we continue to change coaches every year and a half we wont even be mediocre. Im sure this means Big Rich wont be back, Bush will be gone, and Nnamdi is bouncing after next year.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

laugh.gif

you think these dudes care? they care about who PAYS them. lechler talking %+%# when he had a chance to leave last year when there was no sign of hope on this team. he stayed and took the cash. but now he cares about winning?
laugh.gif

and no, mediocrity is not ok when you are terrible outside of 2 bad divisions. 2 weeks to prepare for pittsburgh and this dude had us in there getting our !!@ kicked. not even competitive. hes not a good head coach, probably never will be. i like the guy but this is no big loss. there was no consistency with this team this season.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

laugh.gif

you think these dudes care? they care about who PAYS them. lechler talking %+%# when he had a chance to leave last year when there was no sign of hope on this team. he stayed and took the cash. but now he cares about winning?
laugh.gif

and no, mediocrity is not ok when you are terrible outside of 2 bad divisions. 2 weeks to prepare for pittsburgh and this dude had us in there getting our !!@ kicked. not even competitive. hes not a good head coach, probably never will be. i like the guy but this is no big loss. there was no consistency with this team this season.

^ Now that ++#! would be funny. Except McDaniels is a mini-Martz and would throw the ball like 40 times a game.

^ Now that ++#! would be funny. Except McDaniels is a mini-Martz and would throw the ball like 40 times a game.

Honestly, Tom Cable is not a good head coach. Sure the players liked him and we liked him, but he's not good.

I could really see us relapsing under Tom next year. I really believe his success hinged on Hue's playcalling and McFadden being healthy.

Anyways, what's done is done...moving on, I could see Al pursuing Harbaugh. He $!+*+$% loves that guy. No big name coach will come here.

We know that already. I think Al surprises us with his next hire. In a good way.

Honestly, Tom Cable is not a good head coach. Sure the players liked him and we liked him, but he's not good.

I could really see us relapsing under Tom next year. I really believe his success hinged on Hue's playcalling and McFadden being healthy.

Anyways, what's done is done...moving on, I could see Al pursuing Harbaugh. He $!+*+$% loves that guy. No big name coach will come here.

We know that already. I think Al surprises us with his next hire. In a good way.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Yea, you could make the argument that Cable didn't do it when he went 5-11...and as soon as Hue Jackson shows up the offense is alive and we go 8-8 his first season as OC...but you can't replace that presence in the locker room, and our team needs that. The team just needs that continuity to continue...Cable finally built a team that believes they can actually do something, and then they cut him off...

I guess I'm just kinda torn...I can see why he would do it, but I can see a move like this breaking the team up and setting us back AGAIN...

Originally Posted by AG 47

Yea, you could make the argument that Cable didn't do it when he went 5-11...and as soon as Hue Jackson shows up the offense is alive and we go 8-8 his first season as OC...but you can't replace that presence in the locker room, and our team needs that. The team just needs that continuity to continue...Cable finally built a team that believes they can actually do something, and then they cut him off...

I guess I'm just kinda torn...I can see why he would do it, but I can see a move like this breaking the team up and setting us back AGAIN...

but you can't replace that presence in the locker room, and our team needs that.

Maybe. But our team doesn't need a coach who's never had a winning season in his life.

Now, it remains to be seen if it was Hue responsible for 8-8 or Tom, or a nice chemistry of both holding the team together.

I choose to remain hopeful. I think Al recognized that we need somebody to take us to the next level.

but you can't replace that presence in the locker room, and our team needs that.

Maybe. But our team doesn't need a coach who's never had a winning season in his life.

Now, it remains to be seen if it was Hue responsible for 8-8 or Tom, or a nice chemistry of both holding the team together.

I choose to remain hopeful. I think Al recognized that we need somebody to take us to the next level.

Back
Top Bottom