Ocean's 8 - Opens June 8, 2018

If you've seen Ocean's 8, how does it rate against the remake trilogy (OG Rat Pack not included)?

• Better than all of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not as good as 11, but better than 12 & 13

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Better than 13, but not as good as 11 or 12

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yeah, this maybe shouldn't have been made....

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

snkrfollower

Supporter
Ok, I'm a big fan of 11, liked 12, and was a little spent by the time 13 came out. Don't mind the idea of 8, but I have a couple issues with it (and the all-female lead cast is NOT one of them, lol)

1 - So the goal of the thieves is stealing a $150 million necklace off Anne Hathaway at the Met gala. Fine, cool. But wtf would they plan to do with it after they steal it? Who would buy a hot 1-of-a-kind $150m necklace? You can't fence that. Can't even really break it down into the individual jewels. I just don't get the whole premise of the heist. "We stole a necklace, yay! ....Ok, let's go home." (This also bugs me because the whole movie is basically a Cartier ad, but whatever)

2 - Why is this even an "Ocean's" movie? So Sandra Bullock is Danny Ocean's sister, aaaaand.... that's the only connection I can see, other than Matt Damon is in it (unless they cut his scenes due to the MeToo complaints). Soderbergh produced it, but Gary Ross wrote & directed it. They're getting Ghostbusters comparisons because of the name & setup, only because they're trying to coat-tail the original.

I dunno. I have no problem with a female heist movie at all, and I think if it was anything other than what appears to be a shoe-horned Ocean's movie, I'd be sorta pumped to check it out, but I'm thinking this is just going to disappoint anyone who's not simply looking for something that would shatter the Bechdel Test.

I wonder if Rihanna’s character will have actual dialogue or will her role be nothing but one liners like that other movie she was in lol.

I feel like this movie's gonna be wack... but I still plan on seeing it in Dolby Cinema :smh: lol

Oh, and if I notice that one of the characters is eating/drinking something in every scene I'm walking out.

giphy.webp

I love me some Sandra Bullock and love me some Ocean's movies, but I HATE the fact that this is another gender-swap remake!!! So lazy and uncreative! If I was the actresses, I'd be pissed they didn't come up with an original concept for it.

I love the Oceans series so I'll check this out. Its not a remake but takes place in the same continuity/world. Not mad at that. Besides there won't ever be another Oceans movie with Clooney and company so this is what we get.

You what would've been dope? If they made this movie, not called it "Oceans-anything", then at the end have George and or Brad show up to signify the movies relation.

But I'm just a movie goer, what tf do I know about what I want see.... *shrugs*

I love me some Sandra Bullock and love me some Ocean's movies, but I HATE the fact that this is another gender-swap remake!!! So lazy and uncreative! If I was the actresses, I'd be pissed they didn't come up with an original concept for it.

Doubt the actresses care :lol: .

This isn't a remake. It's a sequel/reboot

Sandra's character is Danny Ocean's (George Clooney) sister.

2001 Ocean's 11 is a remake of the 1960 film

This isn't a remake. It's a sequel/reboot

Sandra's character is Danny Ocean's (George Clooney) sister.

2001 Ocean's 11 is a remake of the 1960 film

Bruh....the sister angle is so it won’t be a complete remake of a remake. They even do the parole hearing scene. Corny.

You what would've been dope? If they made this movie, not called it "Oceans-anything", then at the end have George and or Brad show up to signify the movies relation.

But I'm just a movie goer, what tf do I know about what I want see.... *shrugs*
This would've been dope. Sort of like what M. Night pulled off with connecting Split to Unbreakable.

Thing is I feel the studio and even producers were not sold on this movie being that bankable with Bullocks and Blanchet headlining given w/e the budget is.

No doubt if this a success George cameos in the 2nd one. He or one of the others may already have a small role in this one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom