Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

its random. None of my pairs came with receipts. But my red cement 3's and UNC to Chi 1's both had receipts

Nike rep told me their analytics for snkr draws takes into consideration what and how much you buy, and even what you "❤️" in the website.

Fwiw...

I haven't hit in a long *** time... about to delete my account and try starting over. I dont even hit on the not-that-hype **** that releases on SNKRS

Word going around today in a couple of spots I was at here in LA is that more of these will indeed be more widely released. True? When? I’ve no idea. One of the people I heard it from is a FTL manager. Not that that means anything, either.

Just remembered that they were planning on releasing these twice on foot apps and it had to do with a wider release.. still not sure if its going to happen but hope so to bring this price down.

Nike rep told me their analytics for snkr draws takes into consideration what and how much you buy, and even what you "❤" in the website.

Fwiw...
They’ve fed me this line so many times...leading up to ASW, I liked products, watched all the “stories”, looked at product pages daily, shared items on Twitter, and ultimately still struck out on the Plums, 85s, StrangeLove’s, OW 5s, and even the UNC to Chis on all 3 accounts. Main one had ~$1800 spend in Jan and Feb, but I sent 2/3 of that back out of spite after the Ls.

As others have said, Nike seems to give plenty of draw Ws to first-time accounts while snubbing long-time customers, maybe because Nike figures the regulars will come back regardless while the newbies need that first hit to get them wanting more. But I’m at the point where I’m losing interest and getting tired of wasting my time.

Last edited:
That sucks man, to spend that much and miss

My biggest pet leave is the snkrs app is 100% worthless on Android. It works for draws, but no regular release. Have to go through the website.

Just remembered that they were planning on releasing these twice on foot apps and it had to do with a wider release.. still not sure if its going to happen but hope so to bring this price down.
The two people I talked to quoted that supposed Virgil line, shoes "for all." Then one of them said, "Virgil signed off on a bigger release."
I have no idea, man. I hope it's true, but it also has signs of some **** "reported" on the internet becoming fact. I really like these, surprisingly (for me, anyway), but people who spend these kinds of resale prices on sneakers are nuts. I could afford to drop $800-plus on these (resale prices plus tax and shipping from sites like StockX), but no way I'm doing that. And the sad thing is, I suspect a lot of the people paying it have no business paying it. But that's their prerogative.
All that said, something tells me we might actually see another go around on these. If so, I will be happy. If not, I will still be happy but wishing I won that draw.
They’ve fed me this line so many times...leading up to ASW, I liked products, watched all the “stories”, looked at product pages daily, shared items on Twitter, and ultimately still struck out on the Plums, 85s, StrangeLove’s, OW 5s, and even the UNC to Chis on all 3 accounts. Main one had ~$1800 spend in Jan and Feb, but I sent 2/3 of that back out of spite after the Ls.

As others have said, Nike seems to give plenty of draw Ws to first-time accounts while snubbing long-time customers, maybe because Nike figures the regulars will come back regardless while the newbies need that first hit to get them wanting more. But I’m at the point where I’m losing interest and getting tired of wasting my time.
Yeah, I'm not buying it. I've spent so much money with Nike going back countless years ... nah. Only coveted draw I've ever won is the TS 1 lows. My buddy at work buys almost EVERY Jordan off of SNKRS and shock drops and regular drops, and he lost on these on all three of his accounts.
If by chance there is something to it, I don't have time for all of that. It's still clearly low odds, regardless. Thankfully I'm not usually into hype shoes, I stick almost exclusively to OG colorways of shoes I had back in the day. But it does hurt when you want something and have no control over it, unless you're dumb enough to pay outrageous resale prices. I'm with you: it gets ****ing old, ****ing fast. Makes me stop caring, too. I'll be super happy in a month when the OG white/fire red Vs drop and I get them--a shoe I had originally in 8th grade in 1990--without any trouble and without all the nonsense.

Yeah, paying resale only "stupid" if you can't afford it. If ya bills paid, ya kids straight (if you have any), and you still putting money away, then by all means, splurge.

Back
Top Bottom