***OFFICAL 2PAC APPRECIATION THREAD!!***

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Only found out he had a video to this just a couple months ago. I remember seeing 'Above The Rim' in theaters and this song straight blew my mind when it played near the end of it.

when I was younger I always said biggie was better than pac....

as I get older I dunno what I was listening to.... guess I really understand the lyrics pac was spitting.

way ahead of his time....wish he was alive would be interesting to see what he would do

I was going to make this thread but figured it probably already existed. Simply the greatest ever.

Not just because of his message, what he stood for, and his OUTSTANDING, practically unrivaled catalog (4 consecutive classics released while he was alive is unprecedented), but his cadence! Best voice ever in hip hop. EVER.

I made a list of his 50 greatest songs ever some time back, but I’m gonna go through and revise it then post it here.

The songs will be ranked by overall writing quality, cadence, flow, production and of course cultural impact.

Here we go.

50. If My Homie Calls
49. Hellrazor
48. I Get Around
47. Bury Me A G (solo version)
46. Changes
45. Made Ni**az
44. Trapped
43. Bomb First
42. Under Pressure
41. Pain
40. All Eyez On Me
39. California Love OG full version
38. Shorty Wanna Be A Thug
37. F*ck The World
36. Pour Out A Lil Liquor
35. Only Fear Of Death
34. No More Pain
33. It Aint Easy
32. Tradin' War Stories
31. Cant C Me
30. Hit Em Up
29. White Mans World
28. To Live And Die In LA
27. Holla If Ya Hear Me
26. Against All Odds
25. Thugs Mansion (og version)
24. Lost Souls
23. Holla At Me
22. Smile f/Scarface
21. Hold Ya Head
20. 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted
19. Brendas Got A Baby
18. Me Against The World
17. Ambitionz Az A Ridah
16. I Ain't Mad At Cha
15. When Thugz Cry (full og version w/intro)
14. Death Around The Corner
13. Heartz Of Men
12. Lord Knows
11. Krazy

and now, for the CREAM OF THE CROP......the elite of the elite, the top 10 songs recorded by the greatest rapper/MC of all time......

10. Staring Through My Rear View
09. Keep Ya Head Up
08. Life Goes On
07. Only God Can Judge Me
06. If I Die 2Nite
05. Me And My Girlfriend
04. So Many Tears
03. Dear Mama
02. Hail Mary

and the greatest song ever recorded by Mr. Shakur is.....

01. Blasphemy

Here we go.

50. If My Homie Calls
49. Hellrazor
48. I Get Around
47. Bury Me A G (solo version)
46. Changes
45. Made Ni**az
44. Trapped
43. Bomb First
42. Under Pressure
41. Pain
40. All Eyez On Me
39. California Love OG full version
38. Shorty Wanna Be A Thug
37. F*ck The World
36. Pour Out A Lil Liquor
35. Only Fear Of Death
34. No More Pain
33. It Aint Easy
32. Tradin' War Stories
31. Cant C Me
30. Hit Em Up
29. White Mans World
28. To Live And Die In LA
27. Holla If Ya Hear Me
26. Against All Odds
25. Thugs Mansion (og version)
24. Lost Souls
23. Holla At Me
22. Smile f/Scarface
21. Hold Ya Head
20. 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted
19. Brendas Got A Baby
18. Me Against The World
17. Ambitionz Az A Ridah
16. I Ain't Mad At Cha
15. When Thugz Cry (full og version w/intro)
14. Death Around The Corner
13. Heartz Of Men
12. Lord Knows
11. Krazy

and now, for the CREAM OF THE CROP......the elite of the elite, the top 10 songs recorded by the greatest rapper/MC of all time......

10. Staring Through My Rear View
09. Keep Ya Head Up
08. Life Goes On
07. Only God Can Judge Me
06. If I Die 2Nite
05. Me And My Girlfriend
04. So Many Tears
03. Dear Mama
02. Hail Mary

and the greatest song ever recorded by Mr. Shakur is.....

01. Blasphemy
how u got white manz world only at 29 :smh:
and list is invalid cause theres no "my block" on there
the original from the show

WMW is incredible lyrically and the message is probably more relevant today than ever, but production on the song is a bit flawed/incomplete. Can't put my finger on it but its def missing something, at least when compared to some of the other songs on 7 Day Theory. But considering the catalog of the artist in question, to make the top 50 itself is incredible. Every song on this list is a classic, and there are classic songs that didn't make it. The original My Block is a great song but again, with the depth of his catalog, there is bound to be some gems left off. Something has to give. But if you think you can make a better list, you are more than welcome to give it a go.

Id say the bottom 35 you could swap the order of some songs or replace some with others. The top 10 though, I stand by it pretty FIRMLY.

Last edited:
WMW is incredible lyrically and the message is probably more relevant today than ever, but production on the song is a bit flawed/incomplete. Can't put my finger on it but its def missing something, at least when compared to some of the other songs on 7 Day Theory. But considering the catalog of the artist in question, to make the top 50 itself is incredible. Every song on this list is a classic, and there are classic songs that didn't make it. The original My Block is a great song but again, with the depth of his catalog, there is bound to be some gems left off. Something has to give. Think you can make a better list?

Id say the bottom 35 you could swap the order of some songs or replace some with others. The top 10-15 though, I stand by it FIRMLY.
pour out a lil liquor should be top 30
life goes on not a top 10 song imo
me and my girlfriend while i used to love it when i was younger
takes a back seat to other songs in his catalog
top 25 -30
not top 10 imo

"California Love"
From Oakland to Sacktown
The Bay Area and back down
Cali is where they put they mack down give me love!
California, knows how to party

pour out a lil liquor should be top 30
life goes on not a top 10 song imo
me and my girlfriend while i used to love it when i was younger
takes a back seat to other songs in his catalog
top 25 -30
not top 10 imo

To each their own. Life Goes On is a flawless track imo, and very arguably the best hip hop ballad of all time. The O’Jays sample is perfection and Pac drops 3 of his best verses ever. This track is like his eulogy.

Me AnD My Girlfriend is Pac in his absolute prime. Creatively, lyrically, and the energy on that track is literally lightning in a bottle. Not to mention I s one of the illest beats ever. This is one of those tracks that is beyond classic, reaching almost mythical status.

Last edited:
16ABE2BE-0199-47A6-B4D0-EFC3C4BAEB1E.jpeg
14AC3DF2-41FB-42BD-8F5D-9160E48A56C5.jpeg
054D7BDB-8F4E-437C-95F7-36CFB3E60083.jpeg
31BC47B9-5716-4DA2-A838-884B2FD12EC3.jpeg
I own both the original and remastered pressings of AEOM on vinyl. Thought I’d share a few pics of some of the differences in the artwork. OG on top of each pic type. Note the “4 vinyl pac” on the og.The remaster has that nice 180 gram quality compared to the paper thin records on the og, but the og def sounds a lot better.
821648BF-70D0-4D3F-BEEF-3BF738159777.jpeg
D3F91A9F-C901-49DA-B854-BDE8B6B3C797.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom