Offical Manny Pacquiao VS Ricky Hatton May 2nd 9pmET/6pmPT HBO PPV

floyd sr. needs to shut his mouth and take some blame...hes a jerk...with that said no one should doubt the pac-man...this guy surprises me everytime he stepsin that ring...i knew he was strong and fast but i didnt know he was THAT strong i thought this was gonna be 8 rounds but damn whoo!...pac-man for us pinoys!

Rumor is that PBF wants to fight MP but he wants a bigger cut than MP. Which is why Arum is not in a hurry to finish the deal. It is easier to finalize a deal with Cotto since he is also promoted by Arum. So MP's next fight will most likely be with Cotto.
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

MSG here I +%+!+%+ come (hopefully).

And String I gotta disagree with you there.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

floyd sr. needs to shut his mouth and take some blame...

I disagree.
Floyd Sr had him on the right path, its not his fault the fighter chose to walk his own path

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

floyd sr. needs to shut his mouth and take some blame...

I disagree.
Floyd Sr had him on the right path, its not his fault the fighter chose to walk his own path

QFT

Pac fans cathing feeling over Mayweather's bars
laugh.gif

Hatton fought possibly one of the dumbest fights in recent memory. He threw no jabs, showed no discipline and was out there head hunting. Completely ignoredthe gameplan and tried to bully Pac and got what was coming to him. He shoulda never hired Floyd Sr if he didn't want to change his style.

Floyd Sr and Hatton was bound to fail. But at least Sr had Rick on the right track.

Ricky didn't balloon up for the first time in idk how long. He didn't look like a complete skeleton during the weigh-in. If anything Hatton shouldblame his pride and stubborness for this loss.

he obviously had rick on no kinda of "right track"

he wanted him to change, a track was laid out, but mayweather sr. clearly did not have hatton on any sort of track.

At the end of the first round, here are Floyd Sr. direct quotes to Ricky, "Man, That's why I was telling you about moving your head man. You got move your head, you have to fake and feint. You have to feint and make and then touch. You just trying to fall in like that and over power him. You wont overpower him. keep your hands up man, You should have been listening at me from day one."
i wont blame Sr for ANYTHING

Originally Posted by Be23ForLife

he obviously had rick on no kinda of "right track"

he wanted him to change, a track was laid out, but mayweather sr. clearly did not have hatton on any sort of track.
did u waych the 24/7 and their training?
the plan was there. It was Ricky's job to execute it, He didnt.
went in there wingin bombs., thats Rickys own dumb $%* fault

there's a saying, "There are no bad students, only poor teachers"

Sr. obviously has a lot of boxing knowledge....and had the game plan in order to properly use his fighter in order to take MP down,

but the boxer didn't believe in him in one way or another. A lot of chemistry between teacher and student comes from trust.

Hatton didn't have any.

i watched all the 24/7 episodes, overtime, all that.

i seen Sr. coming to training late, running his mouth, giving a lot of good knowledge, but i also seen hatton not really taking him seriously.

there's a communication barrier that mayweather sr. must break in order to train good fights, maybe its not his fault, he just slurrs that way,

but past all the glits, glammour, and talkin, you gotta get down to business, and it clearly shows in the outcome of this fight.

but the boxer didn't believe in him in one way or another. A lot of chemistry between teacher and student comes from trust.

Hatton didn't have any.

okay i hear ya, but Ricky is one giant big bad habit who probably is too old to be corrected because he's set in his ways. it happens sometimes. inpracticing drills for war, everything looks good, even great, but when the live ammo is thrown in there, dudes lock up and so what they do instinctually andthats mostly revert back to bad habits, Ricky stuck to Floyd Senior's game plan vs light hitting Paulie Maggliari, but once he got hit in the mouth byPacman, it was "gameplan out the window"

the same bad habits that can beat mediocre fighters but have had him get ko'd by floyd. damn near killed vs hatton and a "should be" Loss toCollazo.
so its up to the fighter to adjust if he wants better results.

another example, Nazim Richardson had a great game plan for Shane Mosley to go out and beat Margarito, but it was Shane who had to go out and stick to theplan, Shane listened to every word Richardson said in between every round and went out and repeated physically what was said to him verbally

ya...i feel you on ur point. Sr. isn't solely hatton's trainer therefore can not be fully blamed for the outcome of this fight, which brings up anotherargument. Fighters should stick to a trainer that has trained them from the start. Manny has built a relationship with roach in which no one knows each othermore than roach and manny. Mayweather prolly has the same relationship with his uncle. the fact that hatton and de la hoya, picked up trainers for specificfights was a bad move on their part.

In order to be able to get through to your fighter, you need their trust. trust comes through loyalty

with trust a trainer can lead any fighter to the promise land, so long as the trainer is on top of their game

mayweather and manny got trust in their trainers, and their trainers know their fighters like no body else, and are also on top of their game.

if and when this fight goes down, it is going to be a great fight.

i'm a fan of both fighters, i admire mayweathers skills, but i also admire pac's skills as well.

the reason i lean towards pac is because i enjoy watching his fighting style more

it's all about preferences. you can't knock either fighter because they both get the job done. we will see who comes on top when they duke it out.

i'm honestly on the fence of the fight on who will win because i respect Mayweather's defense to the fullest, and defense wins games, so we will see.

word.

I think with the fighters it depends on them tho.

Like a fighter like Zab Judah needs a change of corner in the worst way BUT even when his dad does give him good advice, he still doesnt listen.

Some Fighters have bad instincts and habits that kick in at absolutely the wrong time.

Floyd switched trainers too, went from his dad to his Uncle.
IMO his Uncle Roger is the best Trainer in the bidness, including Richardson.

Back
Top Bottom