Office Dress Code

What's acceptable to wear in your office?

I just copped a bunch of dress shirts for my new job, but I didn't get any ties. I haven't worn a tie to a job interview since 2011.

What about pants fits? I bought a bunch of Dockers pants, but I didn't like the way the regular fit was hanging off of my legs so I got slim fit.

Will I get in trouble for wearing slim khakis to the office? Should I exchange them?

ask HR or read corporate policy hand book. just us common sense and you will be okay. wear wat ur co workers wear

I wake up early in tha evening around 5:30 or 6 my nextal phone beepin from all tha calls I miss
Brush my grill until it looks like what's around my wrist

drop some kush in tha cigarillo and then give it a twist

pull out my Black t-shirt baige dickie pants black house shoes
can't forget my bandana to give them tha blues

It all depends how big ya meat is. Honestly. If you showing pipe print through ya pants, it's unacceptable.

Here's a tip (no pun intended). Save money by buying clearance rack dress shirts and suits, and get them tailored. Find a good cheap local tailor that will take care of you. You can make a $100 suit look like a Hugo Boss, daddy-o.

Get you some damn ties, boy. Get the slim joints though. Make sure you get a tie clip. If you wanna get this money, you gotta dress like money, nah mean?

Buy the cheapest pants fit and get it tailored. As long as the waist and hips are good, the tailor can make magic happen

^ Wait, what!? [emoji]9995[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Tf @ the first sentence [emoji]128553[/emoji]

business casual where i work at

i usually wear fitted dress shirts and slacks. Never had to wear a tie

Last edited:
I was told "business casual" as well.

I didn't wear a tie to the interview but I had on a blazer and vest.

I might wear a blazer the first few weeks on the job and then stop once first impressions are no longer a factor.

Is it a no go on slim khakis? Should I go exchange for a size up?

Slim and skinny are different.. as long as your legs can breathe you should be ok. Plus style depends on your work. If you like wearing a tie do so.. i wore a tie to my interview as a desktop support role , go figure we dont wear ties and can wear jeans and sneakers on certain day but a dress shirt is always mandatory. So i just wear khakis or dress pants everyday and some shoes with a polo shirt or a nice dress shirt depending on how i feel. I work with a bunch of executives who dont really care how we dress as long as we get **** done...

Last edited:
It all depends how big ya meat is. Honestly. If you showing pipe print through ya pants, it's unacceptable.

Here's a tip (no pun intended). Save money by buying clearance rack dress shirts and suits, and get them tailored. Find a good cheap local tailor that will take care of you. You can make a $100 suit look like a Hugo Boss, daddy-o.

Get you some damn ties, boy. Get the slim joints though. Make sure you get a tie clip. If you wanna get this money, you gotta dress like money, nah mean?

Buy the cheapest pants fit and get it tailored. As long as the waist and hips are good, the tailor can make magic happen

hows dat meat curving going? can u tie it in a knot, or make it curve and bend like J.Lesters pitching?

I was told "business casual" as well.

I didn't wear a tie to the interview but I had on a blazer and vest.

I might wear a blazer the first few weeks on the job and then stop once first impressions are no longer a factor.

Is it a no go on slim khakis? Should I go exchange for a size up?
You're really overthinking it.

Jos a banks for everything ....they have the wildest sales

Or u can do what flyny said

My office dress code is business casual but you can Wear a suit if u want...I wear em from time to time

Last edited:
Jos a banks for everything ....they have the wildest sales

Or u can do what flyny said

My office dress code is business casual but you can Wear a suit if u want...I wear em from time to time

Their clothes are horrible :x

Just go to Macys or Lord and Taylor and buy stuff on clearance and sale.

Congrats on the new job..

For your first week where button down shirts..you will b able to see how everyone else dresses

I have so many RL and Lacoste polos..I typically where them and almost all of my work pants are Gap..they fit well and don't shrink or fade

For shoes I go with Cole Haan and Sperrys

Again you can't go wrong with white button downs

Yeah I have a whole lot of RL polos, and I was gonna go with those but my friend who works there says polos might be iffy as a new hire

I copped like 5 Alfani dress shirts from Macys, the entire line was on sale for 19.99 each :pimp:

my office's site leader/vice president commented i look like i was heading to the golf course after work, from that day on i now wear t shirt and jeans

Last edited:
Man I can't wait until I get a job in my desired field. :smh:

At my internship I wore whatever tf I want to the office, jeans on, earings in my ears and everything. :smh:

Working in an office with arc and engineers now. The struggle fits of these engineer dudes are so bad it's starting to amuse me. :lol:

Khaki pants, or dress pants of any kind really. Polo shirts, cardigan sweaters, and sometimes I'll wear a dress shirt and tie if we're having something special.

Casual dress shoes with an athletic sole is a must. I can't rock the typical church dress shoes. 

With my shoes I put my Jordan XVIII insoles inside for added comfort. I have the original black/blue insoles, and then the white/red insoles. But the carbon fiber really helps out. 

Congrats on the new job..

For your first week where button down shirts..you will b able to see how everyone else dresses

I have so many RL and Lacoste polos..I typically where them and almost all of my work pants are Gap..they fit well and don't shrink or fade

For shoes I go with Cole Haan and Sperrys

Again you can't go wrong with white button downs
I like this mans style

Yeah I have a whole lot of RL polos, and I was gonna go with those but my friend who works there says polos might be iffy as a new hire

I copped like 5 Alfani dress shirts from Macys, the entire line was on sale for 19.99 each :pimp:

Yeah button downs u can't go wrong

Back
Top Bottom