Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by h3at23

http://[h3]Revis' expected ransom[/h3]
9:07AM ET

[h5]Darrelle Revis[/h5]

Update: Sure, Darrelle Revis probably deserves more than $1 million per season; most observers of the NFL would agree to that statement. But how much will the New York Jets have to pay? According to Michael Lombardi of National Football Post, Revis' agent Neil Schwartz is seeking an average over the course of the deal that will peg Revis' per-year salary over the $20 million mark. All of a sudden, that contract that Al Davis gave Nnamdi Asomugha looks like a bargain!

Last week, the word got out, courtesy of Manish Mehta of the Newark Star-Ledger, that the Jets could soon be making a play to own Revis Island for the long term. Generally considered one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL -- if not one of the best overall players on defense -- Revis is scheduled to make only $1 million in 2010. But, he hopes to get something done prior to the season's onset. "That's what they're saying -- hopefully something will get done before the season starts." But, he's not going to hold out, either. "I knew my contract since I've been a rookie. I knew I was playing for a million dollars this year."

The Jets are getting a remarkable bargain on Revis at the one million dollar level. In 2009, seven NFL CBs made $9 million or more in total salary.

Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com brings up an interesting point on the way Revis' contract was structured: "Revis is an unusual situation because of the type of contract he signed as a rookie in 2007. It was a six-year deal, but he reached playing-time incentives in the first year and it voided to a four-year, $16 million contract. He already has made $15 million, an above-market salary for the 14th overall pick. But now it drops to $1 million, a seemingly ridiculous salary for a player who finished second in the NFL Defensive Player of the Year voting."

DO IT TANNENBUM!!!
$20 mil a year? 
LOL no chance that's going to happen.

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

How are the Jets going to fit under the salary cap with all these giant contracts? Do they seem like they're handcuffing themselves for the future to anyone else?
Is it possible to have to much talent? Jets are quickly becoming THE team that everyone wants to see this year.

Originally Posted by bighead2205

How are the Jets going to fit under the salary cap with all these giant contracts? Do they seem like they're handcuffing themselves for the future to anyone else?
Is it possible to have to much talent? Jets are quickly becoming THE team that everyone wants to see this year.
As in how good they are or to smack them around come November 25th?

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Johnson wants to re-do contract[/h1]

ESPN.com news services

Andre Johnson has five years remaining on a $60 million contract he signed with the Texans in 2007. The star receiver feels that he's already outplayed that contract, however, and was missing from the start of Houston's voluntary organized team activities on Monday.

Johnson, who led the NFL in receiving yards last season (1,569 yards), is scheduled to make $5.8 million this season, according to the Houston Chronicle.

Texans general manager Rick Smith told Houston media outlets on Monday that Johnson was missing because he was unhappy with his current contract.

[h4]AFC South blog[/h4]
Kuharsky_paul_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky writes about all things AFC South in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Since Johnson signed his contract, the Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald received a four-year, $40 million deal and new Miami Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall agreed to a four-year, $47 million contract after he was traded from the Denver Broncos.

Smith told KRIV-TV in Houston that he was "not real worried" about the four-time Pro Bowler's absence.

"He's got five years left on [the deal he signed in 2007]. We're willing to sit down and talk with him and he knows that," Smith told KRIV.

Still, Smith said that re-doing a contract with five years remaining will be challenging.

"It's very difficult," Smith told KRIV. "It's something that's not customary, but we've got a relationship with him and he knows we are willing to sit down and talk with him."

Johnson has 587 receptions for 7,948 yards and 42 touchdowns in seven NFL seasons -- all with Houston.

He's definitely outplayed his contract since 2007, so this deal could really reach $11 ($12?) million annually.

Get that money...
pimp.gif

Anyone think CJ2K is gonna get a new deal from the Titans?
nerd.gif

Let's just say, I'm not holding my breath on that one.
laugh.gif

CJ2K better hopes he gets that new deal.  I was watching NFL Network the other day when they were discussing it and they flashed his #'s from last year.  Dude ran the ball something like 360 times......
sick.gif

[h1]Rams WR Mardy Gilyard Robbed at Gunpoint[/h1]
By Brian McIntyre on May 18, 2010 with 0 Comments

St. Louis Rams fourth-round wide receiver Mardy Gilyard was robbed at gunpoint near the University of Cincinnati campus on Monday night, WLWT in Cincinnati reports.

Gilyard and Terry Hobbs were walking on Jefferson Avenue when they were approached by two men, one of whom was holding a gun. The police report states that Gilyard had a $500 chain and $90 in cash taken from him, while Hobbs lost $200 in cash and a chain worth $500.

Neither men were hurt, and no arrests have been made.

Gilyard, who lived out of his car in Cincinnati for several months when he temporarily lost his scholarship, was the 99th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- U.S. authorities have charged a Canadian doctor with unlawfully treating professional football players with unapproved drugs, including human growth hormone.

Dr. Anthony Galea, of Toronto, is named in a federal criminal complaint filed Tuesday in Buffalo.

The complaint charges the doctor with lying to federal officials, smuggling, unlawful distribution of HGH, introducing the unapproved drug actovegin into interstate commerce and conspiracy to defraud the United States.

According to court documents, Galea's clients include at least three National Football League players. One allegedly had two HGH kits delivered to his home while another received actovegin injections.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5198214

aren't Tiger and A-Rod linked to Galea???
nerd.gif

[h1]Ted Ginn starts in San Francisco like he left off in Miami[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 18, 2010 12:17 PM ET

Stop us if you've heard this one before, Dolphins fans.

Ted Ginn opened some eyes at San Francisco's OTAs on Monday with his "gazelle-like" speed.  And then he caused some head-shaking with a series of drops.

"You've got to shake it off," Ginn told Cam Inman of the San Jose Mercury News.  "You've got to treat it like a [defensive back] when he gets scored on. You can't tank. They're going to happen and you just can't have that many."

Ginn should only be a No. 3 or No. 4 receiver in San Francisco, but the 49ers are hoping he can upgrade their punt return position. He dropped a punt too.

We feel for Ginn because he seems to have the right attitude and is a hard worker.  But he must know the long leash he was given in Miami will be much shorter in San Francisco, should these drops carry over into the regular season.

I hate to say I told you so .......

Originally Posted by h3at23

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 18, 2010 12:17 PM ET

Stop us if you've heard this one before, Dolphins fans.

Ted Ginn opened some eyes at San Francisco's OTAs on Monday with his "gazelle-like" speed.  And then he caused some head-shaking with a series of drops.

"You've got to shake it off," Ginn told Cam Inman of the San Jose Mercury News.  "You've got to treat it like a [defensive back] when he gets scored on. You can't tank. They're going to happen and you just can't have that many."

Ginn should only be a No. 3 or No. 4 receiver in San Francisco, but the 49ers are hoping he can upgrade their punt return position. He dropped a punt too.

We feel for Ginn because he seems to have the right attitude and is a hard worker.  But he must know the long leash he was given in Miami will be much shorter in San Francisco, should these drops carry over into the regular season.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
and tons of 49ers fans were defending him. Okay he won't be the featured wide receiver but what about when he drops those kick off and punt returns.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by bighead2205

As in how good they are or to smack them around come November 25th?
Everyone knows the Giants still run ishh around there.

I don't know many Niner fans that were "defending" Ginn. Most of the comments I read acknowledged his butterfingers, and fans seem resigned to have him as a KR/PR and whatever he contributes to the receiving game is an added bonus.

We feel for Ginn because he seems to have the right attitude and is a hard worker But he must know the long leash he was given in Miami will be much shorter in San Francisco, should these drops carry over into the regular season.

laugh.gif
eyes.gif
please, 

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

[h1]Rams WR Mardy Gilyard Robbed at Gunpoint[/h1]
By Brian McIntyre on May 18, 2010 with 0 Comments

St. Louis Rams fourth-round wide receiver Mardy Gilyard was robbed at gunpoint near the University of Cincinnati campus on Monday night, WLWT in Cincinnati reports.

Gilyard and Terry Hobbs were walking on Jefferson Avenue when they were approached by two men, one of whom was holding a gun. The police report states that Gilyard had a $500 chain and $90 in cash taken from him, while Hobbs lost $200 in cash and a chain worth $500.

Neither men were hurt, and no arrests have been made.

Gilyard, who lived out of his car in Cincinnati for several months when he temporarily lost his scholarship, was the 99th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

That's the worse thing about UC. The main campus is on the boarder of possibly the worst area in the city
sick.gif

Peep this, about a month or less back, the Footlocker across the street from the BP He got robbed at was robbed and the robber either shot at a female employee and missed or his gun jammed. I forgot what all went down but she lucky to still be alive.

tired.gif

[h1]Dwayne Bowe lets a rather large cat out of the bag[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on May 19, 2010 1:07 PM ET

ESPN The Magazine has a feature called "Postcards from the Edge."  In it, pro athletes provide anecdotes regarding their lives.

In the latest issue, which hits newsstands Friday, Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe possibly says too much.

"My rookie year, we were playing in San Diego," Bowe says.  "You hear stories about groupies hanging out in hotel lobbies, but some of my teammates had it set up so there was a girl in every room.  The older guys get on MySpace and Facebook a week before we go to a city; when a pretty one writes back, they arrange to fly her in three or four days in advance. They call it importing." 

(The federal government possibly would call it something else.)

"Younger guys don't have the money to do it," Bowe added.  "Anyway, these girls had the whole top floor. They know everything about us -- first and last names, sisters and brothers, salary.  This one girl was talking to me like she'd known me for years.  'Hey, D-Bowe, how's Grandma?'  I'm like, 'How do you know my grandma?'  She knew that I talk about her every  time I'm interviewed for a story. 

"I told her I had a girlfriend, but she didn't care.  She was wearing my jersey, sitting in my lap, making it look like we knew each other.  Then she took a picture and put it on Facebook.  That almost got me in trouble."

Bowe may have avoided trouble that time.  But we've got a feeling that trouble will be finding him now.

Report: Johnson to join team Thursday [table][tr][td]By Nick Scurfield - Today, 6:31 PM[/td] [td] Topic: Team news[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Wide receiver Andre Johnson will join the Texans for organized team activities (OTAs) on Thursday, according to Mark Berman of FOX 26 Sports in Houston.

Johnson has been absent from OTAs in an apparent contract dispute.

"My big thing is I just want to be out there with my teammates and help us accomplish our goals," Johnson said Wednesday, according to FOX 26. "Me sitting out is not going to help so I chose to come back. Me not showing up is out of my character and that's why I'm here. I just hope things will work out."
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

[h1]Dwayne Bowe lets a rather large cat out of the bag[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on May 19, 2010 1:07 PM ET

ESPN The Magazine has a feature called "Postcards from the Edge."  In it, pro athletes provide anecdotes regarding their lives.

In the latest issue, which hits newsstands Friday, Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe possibly says too much.

"My rookie year, we were playing in San Diego," Bowe says.  "You hear stories about groupies hanging out in hotel lobbies, but some of my teammates had it set up so there was a girl in every room.  The older guys get on MySpace and Facebook a week before we go to a city; when a pretty one writes back, they arrange to fly her in three or four days in advance. They call it importing." 

(The federal government possibly would call it something else.)

"Younger guys don't have the money to do it," Bowe added.  "Anyway, these girls had the whole top floor. They know everything about us -- first and last names, sisters and brothers, salary.  This one girl was talking to me like she'd known me for years.  'Hey, D-Bowe, how's Grandma?'  I'm like, 'How do you know my grandma?'  She knew that I talk about her every  time I'm interviewed for a story. 

"I told her I had a girlfriend, but she didn't care.  She was wearing my jersey, sitting in my lap, making it look like we knew each other.  Then she took a picture and put it on Facebook.  That almost got me in trouble."

Bowe may have avoided trouble that time.  But we've got a feeling that trouble will be finding him now.

ROFL
roll.gif
roll.gif

[h1]Report: Moss got HGH from doctor[/h1]

ESPN.com news services

Washington ******** receiver Santana Moss received human growth hormone from Anthony Galea, the Canadian doctor who is charged with providing illegal drugs to professional players, The Washington Post reported, citing an unnamed source.

The Buffalo News was first to report that Moss was a patient of Galea.

2564.jpg

Moss

Galea is accused of smuggling, unlawful distribution of human growth hormone and unlawfully treating professional athletes. On Wednesday, a Canadian court document revealed that Galea made multiple trips to New York City, Boston, Cleveland and other U.S. cities to meet with professional athletes.

Moss is not in danger of being charged in the case, however.

"At this juncture, any of the persons who are alleged to have used these substances are considered witnesses, and not targets, of this investigation," William J. Hochul Jr., the U.S. attorney in Buffalo, told The Buffalo News.

Mark J. Mahoney, one of Galea's attorneys, said his client did nothing wrong.

"Officials of the NFL and other sports organizations can sleep soundly tonight, because there is nothing he did with these athletes to help them with performance enhancement," Mahoney told the Buffalo News on Wednesday.

"[Galea] strictly provided treatment for injuries. If any athlete got [HGH], it was injected directly into injured tissue, in very small amounts, for purposes of healing," Mahoney told the newspaper.

According to an affidavit, Galea's assistant said a professional football player from Washington called to request a session with Galea at a Washington-area hotel last September.

The New York Times on Tuesday reported that the player, who it didn't name, was a member of the ********.

When contacted Wednesday by the Washington Post about allegations involving an unnamed ******** player, Moss tried to keep the topic on football.

"I'll talk about football. I don't know about nothing else," Moss told the newspaper. "I ain't got nothing to do with nothing that ain't about me."

Moss is currently rehabbing from minor offseason knee surgery.

Coach Mike Shanahan said Wednesday that the team hasn't been contacted about the investigation into Galea's activities.

Asked if he knew the identity of the ******** player who was supposedly involved, the coach said: "I don't know anything about it."

"A doctor comes to town and has supposedly seen a player," Shanahan said. "The NFL's on top of all those things, and if there's any validity to it, they will contact me and contact our organization, which they have not done."

On Wednesday, ******** defensive end Phillip Daniels said he hopes he doesn't find out who the identity of the unnamed ******** player.

"I hope the details don't come out," Daniels said. "I don't want to know. I don't want to have to look at my partner and say 'You were doing that illegally all this time?' I hope they just tear the papers up and just go to him privately and do it that way."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

We'll give you Berrian and a 3rd for Dwayne Bowe.

Sidney Rice, Dwayne Bowe and Percy Harvin
eek.gif

This ain't Fantasy Football though, so I know there's less than a zero chance of it happening
laugh.gif

I almost swerved on the road when I heard Santana's name on the radio about the HGH thing like 2 hrs ago
laugh.gif
...I blame Brandon Lloyd damn it
laugh.gif

Interview he did yesterday
Q: "Are you at all surprised to hear that HGH report about someone on this team?"
A: "I'll talk about football. I don't know about nothing else. I ain't got nothing to do with nothing that ain't about me."

Q: "Okay, well, just to be clear, have you ever met this guy [Dr. Anthony] Galea?"

A: "Like I said, I ain't got nothing to do with that. I ain't got nothing to do with it. You want to talk about ********, I'll give you an interview. We ain't talking about ******** right now."

Q: "But the guy was on this team. That makes him a *******."

A: "What that got to do with me?"

Q: "Well, does it have anything to do with you?"
A: "I'm just saying to you bro, you come to me right now, and I appreciate you coming to me the right way. I'm telling you right now, I'm talking about football. You talk about football, anything else out of that, no. You say, 'Santana, I got something to talk to you about,' then if it's about me, then I'll talk to you about it."
Link

smh.gif
Santana....if anything, dude should have taken better PEDs, cause he's sucked for the past couple of years. 

I gotta agree w. gift in that I thought Brandon Lloyd would have been the culprit. Anyone remember dude got as yoked as TO in a matter of months???
laugh.gif

"We were missing balls, and bad throws and drops and all that in theoffseason that carried over to the season," Williams said. "But thisyear, we're connecting like Montana and Rice. It's night and day fromlast year.

roy-williams-lions.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

it isnt too late, move him to CB..... my man acts like the football got cooties or something when it comes at him
laugh.gif

Andre definitely deserves the contract, dude is the best WR in football....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

smh.gif
Santana....if anything, dude should have taken better PEDs, cause he's sucked for the past couple of years. 

I gotta agree w. gift in that I thought Brandon Lloyd would have been the culprit. Anyone remember dude got as yoked as TO in a matter of months???
laugh.gif
He sure aint doing a good job of hinding it
laugh.gif

1002092370_eab29741e4.jpg

923325240_7bb459abcd.jpg

Did He lose a bet? These shorts are challenging the mid 80s NBA shorts.

How bad does it bruise the ego to use PED's and still not be doing anything?

Back
Top Bottom