Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Bengals sign Chris Davis from the Titans.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
Am I missing something?

No
laugh.gif

******** signed larry johnson to a 3 year deal.
Maybe
pimp.gif

The ******** have signed free agent running back Larry Johnson, the team announced on Friday.

Johnson, 6-1 and 230 pounds, is a big, bruising back who has compiled 6,219 rushing yards and 55 touchdowns in eight seasons spent mostly with the Kansas City Chiefs.

He earned two Pro Bowl berths along the way.

Johnson joins Clinton Portis, another two-time Pro Bowler, in the ********’ backfield.

Johnson, who grew up in Pomfret, Md., called the signing a "dream come true."

More...

Please keep your head on striaght LJ
ohwell.gif

[h1][h1]
[h1]Rumors swirling that Tomlinson will sign with Jets[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2010 6:26 PM ET

Free agent running back LaDainian Tomlinson hasn't found a new team just yet. But as he visits with the Jets, the rumors are swirling that he's close.

We've caught wind of a rumor that Tomlinson will, in fact, sign with the Jets. Although you should file this under "rumor" rather than "report" right now, suffice to say that it's a strong rumor coming from a good source.

Tomlinson was
meeting with the Jets this afternoon, and the New York Daily News reports that Tomlinson is spending another night in town.

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum and coach Rex Ryan are trying hard to get Tomlinson, who's also considering the Vikings, to commit to the Jets, and the indications are that the Jets are going to get their man.

[h1][h1]Nick Collins signs three-year, $23.4 million deal with Packers[/h1][/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2010 7:13 PM ET

Nick Collins has agreed to a long-term deal to stay with the Green Bay Packers.

Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel is reporting that Collins signed
a three-year extension worth $23.4 million, including $14 million in the first year.

The extension comes the same week that Collins, who has started every game but three during his five-year career with the Packers,
signed his restricted free agent tender.

Collins has 13 interceptions over the last two seasons, second on the team behind the 16 picks by
Charles Woodson since 2008.

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/12/nick-collins-signs-three-year-234-million-deal-with-packers/]http://profootballtalk.nb...llion-deal-with-packers/[/url]
[/h1][/h1]

I think CP x LJ combo can be nice.

If Portis stays healthy and the o-line is better, he has 1300 easy.

LJ has to look at this opportunity as his last chance, and with Shannhan, its has the potential to be worthwhile. Pound some TD's that we werent able to get down around the goal-line.

But then again.. he's a party boy and DC nightlife might break him.

[h2]Welker faces shoulder rehab too
By By Mike Reiss
ESPNBoston.com

In addition to undergoing surgery to repair torn ligaments in his left knee, Patriots receiver Wes Welker is also recovering from a torn rotator cuff this offseason, according to a source close to the situation.

The source said the knee, not the rotator cuff, remains Welker's primary obstacle in returning to the field for the 2010 season, but Welker believes that he will play this year.

Still, that the All-Pro is facing rehabilitations on his knee and shoulder only adds to the significant challenge ahead of him.

The 28-year-old Welker led the NFL with 123 receptions last season despite missing two games and then leaving the season finale on the Patriots' fourth offensive play when injuring his knee.

Teammates often marveled at the big hits the 5-foot-9, 185-pound Welker absorbed, only to see him spring back to his feet. Welker's knack for doing that had rookie receiver Julian Edelman, his projected replacement in 2010 until his return, calling him "Rocky" at one point last season.

News of Welker's rotator cuff injury started circulating in the blogosphere Friday, with blogger Seth Davis tipping off some major Boston-area media outlets that he was reporting Welker was out for the season because of the torn rotator cuff.

The information about Welker having a torn rotator cuff was later confirmed by ESPNBoston.com, although the injury does not rule Welker out for the 2010 season.

Mike Reiss covers the Patriots for ESPN Boston. You can follow him on Twitter or leave a question for his weekly mailbag.
[/h2]

So Welker won't be able to close for the Twins either. 
smh.gif

Welker's not going to have a very long career me thinks.   
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

Those Packer alternates are hideous.
sick.gif

I like them. It'll look weird with the helmet though, unless they're changing those too.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Originally Posted by toine2983

Those Packer alternates are hideous.
sick.gif

I like them. It'll look weird with the helmet though, unless they're changing those too.
nerd.gif

i would like to kmnow this to...i mean they cant keep the original helmet...shh will look mweird as hell. lol

Bengals, Williams agree on deal
The Cincinnati Bengals reached a one-year agreement to re-sign safety Roy Williams Saturday, according to his agent, Jordan Woy.

Williams and defensive tackle Tank Johnson were two of the primary free agents on defense the Bengals needed to prevent from leaving in free agency. Johnson signed a four-year deal earlier in the week.

Williams came to the Bengals last season after being let go by the Dallas Cowboys.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

LT man make a decision. Quoted saying "I was wowed by the Vikings", seen walking out of the Vikings facility with a purple jersey in hand and now he's milking his time in NY. He's not a priority by any means butt would be cool to have him on the Vikings. However best days...hell his productive days are behind him. We'll see I guess.

@Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Cleveland landed its second QB of the week, this time Jake Delhomme. Browns and Delhomme agree to a two-year deal

Back
Top Bottom