Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

So why are the Jets willing to give all that money to LT and not Thomas Jones?

TJ rushed for double the amount of yards that LT did plus more TDs.

[h2]Adam_Schefter[/h2]LaDainian Tomlinson and Jets reached agreement on a two-year, $5.1 million contract with an escalator that could boost deal to $5.6 million.

Would have rather kept TJ
grin.gif

And LOL at the dude who said LT was going to take Greene's job

Pretty excited at this trade for Brady
pimp.gif

If he can't do good in Coach Mac's offense, then he can't do good anywhere. I just hope he can become our franchise QB because Orton....Smh

Originally Posted by JPZx

So why are the Jets willing to give all that money to LT and not Thomas Jones?

TJ rushed for double the amount of yards that LT did plus more TDs.
Because Tomlinson is here knowing he is not the starter, the role TJ wanted/expected, but was not offered for this season and beyond.

Speaking of TJ, the Jets organization is just too
pimp.gif
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/14/jets-say-thanks-to-jones-in-kansas-city-newspaper/

They took a full page add in a KC Newspaper for this:

fifthdown_jetsad-articleInline.jpg
(Actual newspaper).

Oh, and the jerseys, yeah, I was young and foolish when I got them. I thought I was doing it when I bought my Ty Law jersey the day they went on sale at the Training Camp Modells tent at Hofstra
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

It's no wonder the Browns stay the bottom dwellers of the AFC North..
smh.gif

First, they get rid of Derek Anderson, a guy who has shown he can put up numbers in that system despite his issues at times on the field...

They draft Brady Quinn in the first round in 07', the guy gets little to no time to develop in a garbage system under 2 struggling coaches, and they trade him and their best LB away...

...who do they pick up? The same bum who stunk it up for the Panthers last season...Jake Delhomme.
sick.gif

Glad I'm not a Browns fan...

Originally Posted by emkay

Would have rather kept TJ
grin.gif

And LOL at the dude who said LT was going to take Greene's job

Yea, as a Dolphins fan, I'm loving the LT over TJ move
pimp.gif

I think the Jets are going to seriously regret letting Jones go.

That was a classy move by them doing that ad for him though.

First, they get rid of Derek Anderson, a guy who has shown he can put up numbers in that system despite his issues at times on the field...
Ignores rest of post.

Why we traded Kam for a 3rd rounder is beyond me. 
alien.gif

Looks like Mike wants to get rid of everybody the prior regime(s) picked.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

But then again, who can blame him.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Ignores rest of post.

Why we traded Kam for a 3rd rounder is beyond me. 
alien.gif

Looks like Mike wants to get rid of everybody the prior regime(s) picked.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

But then again, who can blame him.
grin.gif

Why of course....Anderson only put up 29 touchdowns in 2007.
eyes.gif
I guess my point wasn't valid enough..my bad.
indifferent.gif

Quinn still deserves to get a shot somewhere. I'm not saying you hand him a starting job somewhere, but I'd like to see him get at least half a season's work in as a starter for a decent team. Denver seems ideal to me right now.

I will never understand Anderson's 2007 season. Was it just an anomaly in what could be an average career? We'll see.

roll.gif

Jake Delhomme with his eyes closed > Derek Anderson

DA is the definition of a BUM.

Nobody has even picked him up yet or shown any interest (from what I've seen
nerd.gif
) and it's been almost a week since we cut his bum %%%...coincidence?  I think not.

Quinn still deserves to get a shot somewhere.
Agreed.  Didn't want to trade him...
Was it just an anomaly in what could be an average career? We'll see.
It was a GIANT anomaly in a horrendous career.  Worst Pro Bowler ever.

^

I don't fault Jake for that. I mean, it's not like he had the best RB tandem in the league or a top 5 WR.

Now that he's in Cleveland it's a different story. Those are things he doesn't have to worry about anymore.

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

roll.gif

Jake Delhomme with his eyes open threw 18 interceptions in 11 games... it doesn't get worse than that.
JD threw 55% with a 59.4 rating last year...

DA threw 44% with a 42.1 rating last year...(I'm willing to bet Delhomme's stats are not worse than that this year).

And for comparisons sake...

BQ threw 53% with a 67.2 rating last year (so you can't blame the surrounding talent for DA's abortion of a season).

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Looks like Cleveland is makin moves..... I honestly dont think Quinn is gonna be good in this league.... he has a chance with the broncos now, lets see what happens....

Trading Wimbley is kinda bogglin..... maybe Holmgen is just tryin to start over.... lets see how this pans out, i mean it cant get any worse for the browns
laugh.gif

I do feel bad for Wimbley.... dude wasnt known in Cle but produced....
smh.gif
smh.gif
at him bein in Oakland....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

roll.gif

Jake Delhomme with his eyes open threw 18 interceptions in 11 games... it doesn't get worse than that.

Exactly my point. But apparently certain Browns fans see more potential in a washed up Jake Delhomme coming off his worst season yet over 2 QB's that are still young enough and talented enough to get the job done under the right system...

But then again, Browns fans don't see much success so I can understand why they would "hype" Jake Delhomme *sarcasm*.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

^

I don't fault Jake for that. I mean, it's not like he had the best RB tandem in the league or a top 5 WR.

Now that he's in Cleveland it's a different story. Those are things he doesn't have to worry about anymore.

Cut the excuses for Jake. The dude was the worst QB in all of football this past season. You act like Steve Smith is a bum at WR...but how are you gonna get anything going when the guy can't read defenses and throws lousy lopsided passes that float in the air all day and end up in the secondary's hands?

I guess Steve Smith and company are supposed to stop in mid-route and run back a few yards up the field to come back for a Jake Delhomme wobbler in the air. 
smh.gif

...and they don't have a good RB tandem in the NFL?
indifferent.gif
  Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams each had over 1100 yards each on the season. I don't know what games of the Panthers you were watching...but they have offensive talent on that team. Jake was the problem..plain and simple..and he knows it...but that's Clevelands problem now.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom