Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Because you know for certain how good B-Marsh is. He's a top 5 WR in the NFL AND he's only 25 years old. He plays hard, has great hands and will produce his first season in Seattle.

Nobody knows how good Dez will be. Whether good or bad, he's still an unknown. Most of us believe he will be a good pro, but there's no guarantees in that.

So I can definitely understand them trading the 6th pick for Marshall He's that good.
No disagreement on the first statement. Brandon Marshall is legit despite the "character issues." There are similar concerns about Dez but bottom line his ceiling is higher than B-Marsh IMO. Why wouldn't you want the younger receiver albeit by only a couple years? Plus depending on what pick Dez Bryant goes he can be had for less money compared to a long-term deal for Marshall. Keep in mind there's a chance he falls out of the top 10. Let's see after his Pro Day.

I firmly disagree with trading the 6th overall pick for Brandon Marshall. There's too much talent at the top of this draft to make such a move. PC would be foolish to pull the trigger. Seattle has some holes to fill and they certainly need to get younger, well 2 first-rounders can help do that instantly. I've argued that the 14th pick should go to a QB whether it be Bradford or Clausen, assuming they slip that far. They need a franchise QB to win significant games - Hasselbeck is no longer the answer. I don't see a point in having him hold over for a year or two either. If not the situation still needs to be addressed in the later rounds, perhaps Colt McCoy or LeFevour.

If Seattle wanted a #1 receiver to pair with TJ that badly, they should have matched Baltimore's offer for Q. Q is very similar to Marshall and is not that far off in production. His numbers were slighted by Fitz over the years in the desert. Think about it: 6th overall pick vs. third and fourth-round picks? No brainer.

With the 6th overall pick Seattle sits in a pretty position. They have the luxury of going BPA because someone will drop whether it be JPP, Morgan, Berry, etc. I definitely want that pick if I'm the Seahawks. A premier player will be sitting there waiting to fall in their laps...

Because you know for certain how good B-Marsh is. He's a top 5 WR in the NFL AND he's only 25 years old. He plays hard, has great hands and will produce his first season in Seattle.

Nobody knows how good Dez will be. Whether good or bad, he's still an unknown. Most of us believe he will be a good pro, but there's no guarantees in that.

So I can definitely understand them trading the 6th pick for Marshall He's that good.
No disagreement on the first statement. Brandon Marshall is legit despite the "character issues." There are similar concerns about Dez but bottom line his ceiling is higher than B-Marsh IMO. Why wouldn't you want the younger receiver albeit by only a couple years? Plus depending on what pick Dez Bryant goes he can be had for less money compared to a long-term deal for Marshall. Keep in mind there's a chance he falls out of the top 10. Let's see after his Pro Day.

I firmly disagree with trading the 6th overall pick for Brandon Marshall. There's too much talent at the top of this draft to make such a move. PC would be foolish to pull the trigger. Seattle has some holes to fill and they certainly need to get younger, well 2 first-rounders can help do that instantly. I've argued that the 14th pick should go to a QB whether it be Bradford or Clausen, assuming they slip that far. They need a franchise QB to win significant games - Hasselbeck is no longer the answer. I don't see a point in having him hold over for a year or two either. If not the situation still needs to be addressed in the later rounds, perhaps Colt McCoy or LeFevour.

If Seattle wanted a #1 receiver to pair with TJ that badly, they should have matched Baltimore's offer for Q. Q is very similar to Marshall and is not that far off in production. His numbers were slighted by Fitz over the years in the desert. Think about it: 6th overall pick vs. third and fourth-round picks? No brainer.

With the 6th overall pick Seattle sits in a pretty position. They have the luxury of going BPA because someone will drop whether it be JPP, Morgan, Berry, etc. I definitely want that pick if I'm the Seahawks. A premier player will be sitting there waiting to fall in their laps...

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

I can't see MIA going ILB with Rolando McClain 12th overall anymore with the Dansby signing...especially paired up with Crowder Dolphins are set in the middle. Heat, you're lucky if Dez falls that far but I doubt it.

I hope he's there. Word is Parcells has no problem going WR in the 1st if Dez is there. Ro, is no longer a target imo

Back
Top Bottom