**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

the knicks met my expectations for this season. We shouldn't feel bad about this season. We've made progress but it takes time to get it right. And hey, at least we got our two superstars in place. We build from there.
Hope Donnie sticks around, I am sure he wants to be here but the way Dolan handled things during the trade....I'm sure he is still upset over that
sick.gif

Celtics got better with every game, good fight at least this game but once STAT got hurt it was tough to believe the Knicks had ANY shot of winning the series, let alone a game or two.

Ray is my dude and all but he torched us.
sick.gif

You guys had a great season this year,finally a playoff appearance after all those years so if I was a Knicks fan I wouldn't be to bummed out.

I'd also keep in mind that if you guys get a bench,you'll be a team people won't want to mess with in the next couple seasons.

Melo + Amare + Billups? + a solid bench?? =
sick.gif

oh well. i think the season could've gone just a little better, but we'll be ok.

need to make some important upgrades at pg and center

just want everyone (stat, basically) to stay healthy

still detest this coach !+@%!%+, however

fun posting in this thread over the season, team knicks

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Love being a Knick Fan, wouldn't be anything else. We have the best fans in the league, classy round of applause. Knicks will be back. Believe that. 

0401534d7e8e5dafe2e704055a7df801ba07d31_r.gif

2e225234cf79689b5c9a0c1b596b6efbce00c96_r.gif

With that being said Good %*!% to the progress y'all made this season.

Can't discredit that even if I wanted to, y'all should be more than decent in the years that follow.

Tony needs to go the gym this off season. He is my man and all but he got his butt handed to him this whole series.

I was hoping for at least a series, after a successful season. I was happy how they at least ended the game by not rolling over.

Boston really shot lights out for the series

I feel even better about next season if there is one.

[If you'd like to continue posting on NikeTalk, leave this thread now and stop trolling.  The Knicks' season is over.  Let it be.]

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Love being a Knick Fan, wouldn't be anything else. We have the best fans in the league, classy round of applause. Knicks will be back. Believe that. 

0401534d7e8e5dafe2e704055a7df801ba07d31_r.gif

2e225234cf79689b5c9a0c1b596b6efbce00c96_r.gif

With that being said Good %*!% to the progress y'all made this season.

Can't discredit that even if I wanted to, y'all should be more than decent in the years that follow.
You see brotha, that wasn't written for you, that was written for US, in OUR thread. 

Didn't expect a series win, but after games 1 and 2, getting swept is even worse.

We have moves we need to make this offseason, but it's difficult to think about that until Donnie comes back...

This was the first step, the next step is to make it deeper into the playoffs and be a contender.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
pr0phecy718 wrote:
the knicks met my expectations for this season. We shouldn't feel bad about this season. We've made progress but it takes time to get it right. And hey, at least we got our two superstars in place. We build from there.

I really don't get what any of you guys see in Toney Douglas. This dude is a bench sharpshooter at best. 7th or 8th man. His mid range is lacking, can't drive to the hole, no pullup or floater, defense is suspect, not gonna get you steals or assists. WTH do ya'll see that I'm missing? A few hot shooting nights mean nothing.

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

Trade Amare fareal I don't give a f ck. That dude proved to me during these 4 games what he's really made of. He embarrassed us.
niketalk

You see brotha, that wasn't written for you, that was written for US, in OUR thread. 

I came in to congratulate you all on turning your season around and read fabrication sorry, y'all are a step above Philly fans G's.

But you were right about that last statement... Y'all will be back early and often as much as it pains me to say. Y'all Are Back.

Year was a solid step forward in the right direction.  Your not going to be the Celts or even put up a fight when 2 of your 3 best players are no where close to being healthy.

Need to make a run at Marc Gasol this summer and if not him, think long and hard about grabbing Greg Oden.  We desperately need depth, sign some good veterans this summer and pray to hit a home run with our draft pick (which in this draft just means getting a guy who can be a serviceable role player).

Free agents this summer by position worth looking at.  I think we our fine at PG to be honest but we need to bring in a starting type Center, a good veteran SG/SF that would work well with Melo and make sure Bill Walker never touch the court ever again and another big to bring off the bench to provide rest for Stat.
PG:
All the top guys are restricted or have player options which they are going to take.  While I know you guys have been critical of the PG play, we should be fine here.  If Billiups is healthy, Toney is a more than serviceable backup.
SG:
J Rich: We need a 3 pt shooter at the SG spot, he would be a good look there definitely moving Landry to a backup SG position.  Prolly to pricey for us though.
JR Smith: Guy is a ****** but the talent is undeniable.  Once again we need a consistent 3 pt shooter at the 2 spot and he fills that requirement quite well.
Nick Young: Want no parts of this guy to be honest, classic guy who puts up points on a bad team.
Michael Redd: I think this is something that could actually happen.  Guy made a lot of money in Milwaukee and prolly is looking to go to a place where he could win and think he would be a good fit here since all he would be asked to do is knock down 3's.
SF:
Grant Hill: Don't think he wants to leave the Suns but maybe chance of winning could entice him to come here.  Would be great filling either the other SG/SF first guy off the bench role for us.
Tayshaun Prince: Once again prolly too pricey for us and wants to be a starter but who knows.
PF:
Kirilenko: Would be a good guy off the bench, made lots of money in Utah could be interested in coming to NY with the big Russian population here possibly?
Carl Landry: Doubt this guy leaves New Orleans but would be a perfect undersized type of big to bring off the bench.
Chuck Hayes: Prolly not leaving Houston but good energy type guy who does all the dirty work.
C:
Chandler: Hopefully the Mavs lose this series and Mark Cuban finally realized it is time to rebuild and doesn't throw 60 million at the guy.  He prolly will though cause he is Mark Cuban and overpaying centers is what he does.
Marc Gasol: My ideal guy to go after this summer but is restricted and with how bright the Grizz future looks with that core no chance I see him getting away.
Joel Pryzbilla: Prefer him to Dalembert but he doesn't pegg me as a NY guy.
Dalembert: Really dislike dude, inconsistent effort, there is a reason this dude has never been on a team worth +*!%. Really will be dissapointed if he's the C we end up with which he prolly will be.
Oden: Really think he is worth possibly taking a shot on.  Bill Walton won a championship only being healthy half a year which is what we would ask from Oden.  The little bit that the guy has actually played he has been a defensive force and would make our frontline
eek.gif
if he could and obivouly that a huge IF stay healthy.  Would rather swing for the fences with him than sign Dalembert.

I'm dead serious. The more I think of it, the more I realize dude is getting older and by the time this team blossoms, he'll be in fragile mode. Let's get us a dude like Lemarcus Aldridge and a couple role players. It's just my opinion on my team.

I'm dead serious. The more I think of it, the more I realize dude is getting older and by the time this team blossoms, he'll be in fragile mode. Let's get us a dude like Lemarcus Aldridge and a couple role players. It's just my opinion on my team.
1. your bugging
2. We are stuck with Amar'e for better or worse. The reason Amar'e came here in the 1st place was cause we were the only ones to offer him 100M caue everyone was scared off by his knees.  No team would want him or even consider giving the guy that much money.  Why would Portland trade LA for him, they have enough guys with bad knees.  Amar'e isn't old, he still should have 2 years of playing all-star level ball with him which is our window of doing something anyway.

yea... about that...
Updated: October 21, 2009, 8:32 PM ET

[h1]Source: Aldridge to get $65M extension[/h1]

By Chad Ford
ESPN.com
Archive

The Portland Trail Blazers have verbally agreed in principle to a contract extension with forward LaMarcus Aldridge, a source close to the process told ESPN.com on Wednesday.

2983.jpg

Aldridge

The extension is for five years and $65 milliion and will go into effect next season, the source said.

Never Could've Been.

Back
Top Bottom