**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by 10027

People here still wouldn't rather have Felton, Fields, Chandler, Gallo, and Stat?  That Melo trade was a disaster.  I would be 100x more optimistic and excited with that young, fun team.
Felton is a bum. I'll say it now, Chandler and Galoo have most likely hit their ceiling for their potential and are at best 3rd options. I'd take my chances with STAT & Melo along with a slightly improved bench. Hopefully, Fields improves and we get a better pg and get rid of TD

The optimism you had for that team before the trade was foolish cuz outside of enjoying them play they wouldn't be making any noise in the playoffs. I enjoy watching Melo hitting game winners and amazing offensive performances from him and STAT more than the 1st half of the season.
Could have had those guys grow together, have Amare dominate games as the number 1 option like he was doing, beat the Celtics first round (which I think they would/could have because of their athletisicm and speed)
laugh.gif
Does that team win without STAT? Cuz the current team played without him and Chompsy. Don't forget to add in the facts instead of speculating with your imagination where nothing bad happens.

i don't even think melo is that bad of a defender to be honest. The problem is the culture and that starts with the coach. we don't even do simple things like call out picks. We don't communicate.

I think they can play on the same team i'm just worried about hiow we will get a good enough supporting cast. sucks we can't even talk about anything properly until we know the new CBA

i think we could for a late pick. But i wouldn't do it. don't forget that he was playing hurt for a long time.

Originally Posted by DubA169

explain to me how "meshing" is gonna make us defend or rebound better

Getting everyone on the same page. We dont need to trade for that. We pick up better players that play defense , a defensive minded assistant coach and were good.Edit its their fault dantoni cant coach/play defense.

i don't even think melo is that bad of a defender to be honest. The problem is the culture and that starts with the coach. we don't even do simple things like call out picks. We don't communicate.

I think they can play on the same team i'm just worried about hiow we will get a good enough supporting cast. sucks we can't even talk about anything properly until we know the new CBA
melo and stat both can play man to man defense when they put their minds to it. they are both tall/athletic enough. help defense they both REALLY have to work on though.

Felton is a bum. I'll say it now, Chandler and Galoo have most likelyhit their ceiling for their potential and are at best 3rd options. I'dtake my chances with STAT & Melo along with a slightly improvedbench. Hopefully, Fields improves and we get a better pg and get rid ofTD
as someone who fully supports the Melo trade... if you think that 22 year old Danilo Gallinari is at his ceiling right now, youre out your god damn mind. this was his 2nd nba season and he is 6'10 with a $ jump shot and hes getting better and better at getting to the hoop. who knows? maybe hell add a post game as well hes 22. I doubt hell ever reach Melo status but Gallo is nowhere near his ceiling yet, who knows if hell ever get there, but he has an enormous ceiling

Bismark isnt falling. #Stopit.

I think it's known that NY wants Faried, which is why i see him going earlier just because the league hates us.

i think we could for a late pick. But i wouldn't do it. don't forget that he was playing hurt for a long time.
If it's a late pick it doesn't make much sense. Would most likely be another project. Can't think of any good trade to do for him straight up for somebody in the league (if we want better value in return
laugh.gif
).

I know he was hurt but his injuries (shoulders) seems like they'll always be there.  
Originally Posted by THE GR8

Felton is a bum. I'll say it now, Chandler and Galoo have most likely hit their ceiling for their potential and are at best 3rd options. I'd take my chances with STAT & Melo along with a slightly improved bench. Hopefully, Fields improves and we get a better pg and get rid of TD
as someone who fully supports the Melo trade... if you think that 22 year old Danilo Gallinari is at his ceiling right now, youre out your god damn mind. this was his 2nd nba season and he is 6'10 with a $ jump shot and hes getting better and better at getting to the hoop. who knows? maybe hell add a post game as well hes 22. I doubt hell ever reach Melo status but Gallo is nowhere near his ceiling yet, who knows if hell ever get there, but he has an enormous ceiling

Although I value him more than anyone in the trade going to DEN. He's hit his ceiling. At best he gets some better offensive plays like learning to shoot off the dribble but his biggest problem is being consistent. I don't got much hope for him being consistent. I'll be happy to see those breakout games where he looks like he should be a superstar in the league but he's not the next Dirk.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Bismark isnt falling. #Stopit.

I think it's known that NY wants Faried, which is why i see him going earlier just because the league hates us.

this 
laugh.gif
frown.gif

but seriously that's what i expect to happen

ironically here is a good article on the knicks and faried that came out today...

Knicks intrigued by Faried's board work
Knicks Blog
Berman on Twitter
By MARC BERMAN
Last Updated: 6:20 AM, May 21, 2011
Posted: 2:19 AM, May 21, 2011

CHICAGO -- Newark's Kenneth Faried thought it was a practical joke last summer when his former high school coach handed him the phone and said it was Dennis Rodman on the other end.

It was no joke. The Hall of Fame rebounding demon was on the line, offering him words of encouragement, words that may have put the undersized power forward in the position he is today. Faried is a projected mid-first-round pick in the June 23 draft.

Faried, the Morehead State senior power forward, is on the Knicks' radar. Team president Donnie Walsh would love to add a solid rebounder to help Amar'e Stoudemire in a draft that doesn't have a 7-footer, according to measurements released at yesterday's combine. As such, there's a growing belief the relentless board man could be picked before the Knicks pick at 17, although one scout thought he struggled in various offensive drills.

"He's a great rebounder," Walsh told The Post yesterday. "He's got energy. Some called him a Ben Wallace. There's nothing wrong with that. We're looking at him. We're looking at all of them."

The next Wallace wouldn't be bad at all. The next Rodman, elected into the Hall of Fame this year, would be even better.

"He encouraged me to keep playing hard, hustling and make a name for [myself] by being a hustle guy," Faried said of the Rodman phone chat. "Don't let anyone hold you back or stop you. Everyone will say you're an undersized guy, don't let that intimidate you. He said be like him on the court, but don't act like him off the court."

Faried, who averaged 17.3 points and 14.3 rebounds, is ready to follow Rodman's plea to the letter. Faried wears his hair in long dreadlocks, but has no Rodman-like piercings, his body isn't covered in tattoos and he has no dress in his wardrobe. He just rebounds and comes off as a wholesome kid. He spoke thoughtfully of the pain in having to break it to his mother a year ago he was about to be the father of an infant daughter.

"It did inspire me," Faried said of Rodman's talk. "It inspired me to want to be great and a Hall of Famer like he was. It made me feel I could be like him on the court."

Faried measured, without shoes, is only 6-foot-6, but he has a healthy 7-foot wingspan.

"If he was 6-9, he'd be the top pick in this draft," ESPN analyst Fran Fraschilla said. "He's got deficiencies but he's got one major-league skill -- rebounding. And he's low-maintenance guy; nothing off the court you have to worry about."

Faried, though, is plenty confident. He believes he can post a 30-rebound night in the NBA.

"With my height, people don't really think I can maintain it at the next level, but I believe in myself," Faried said. "My strength is rebounding and defense and my motor. I have a quick first jump and my second jump is probably more amazing and is quicker than my first jumper. I'm relentless."

With the scouting report pegging him as offensively challenged, Faried is nonplussed. The big fear is he becomes another Ronaldo Balkman rather than Rodman or Big Ben.

"When the ball's anywhere around the rim, I can go up and get it, and that's a great and attribute to have," Faried said when asked if he had any offensive skills.

Faried rooted more for the Nets, who select 28th, than Knicks growing up Newark and Jersey City.

"I was a great Nets fan," Faried said. "In high school [at Technology H.S.] one time when they came out, I spoke to Vince Carter, Jason Kidd. They stopped to wish me good luck."
But he'd be fine landing with the Knicks.

"It would be a great place to play, the Garden is loud," Faried said. "Amar'e [Stoudemire] and Carmelo Anthony are two great payers. They play hard and I can push their level higher to make them play harder and try to win a championship."

The draft will be in his backyard -- at Newark's Prudential Center.

"If I'm invited, it would be great to be there," Faried said. "It's my hometown. a lot of friends are talking to me about getting tickets. I don't know if I'll be lottery. We'll see if they invite me."
http://www.nypost.com/p/s...JEqb1sFZTJ#ixzz1N3FUNUDC

My draft board looks like:

1. Bismack
2. Faried
3. Fredette
4. Darius Morris

We dont have a second round pick, correct?

I'd try and buy an early one and draft Marshon Brooks.

whenever an draft article comes out about the knicks hyping a player up we don't end up with the player

Originally Posted by BangDak

My draft board looks like:

1. Bismack
2. Faried
3. Fredette
4. Darius Morris

We dont have a second round pick, correct?

I'd try and buy an early one and draft Marshon Brooks.

same board as me
pimp.gif

whenever an draft article comes out about the knicks hyping a player up we don't end up with the player
pretty much. happened with westbrook, flynn, curry and usually they all end up pretty good players and we end up drafting some bum.

What gets me even more is what some of these guys say when they talk about how great it'd be if they end up on the Knicks. They're ball players growing up watching the NBA and a bunch of drafts like us.

Do they even think of what it'd take for the Knicks to draft them?
laugh.gif
So after they realize the slim chances of that happening they're basically saying it'd be great if I dropped that far. I do get that getting drafted at all is a big thing for them but cmon
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

pretty much. happened with westbrook, flynn, curry and usually they all end up pretty good players and we end up drafting some bum.
also happened with gallo though... ive read articles about him and his d'antoni connections, how much we liked him, etc way before we drafted him

basically why I haven't bothered looking into anything. Landry !$%!%!! Fields told me, it's not even worth it.

am i the only one who wants to draft nolan smith as the backup pg? and i like the morris twins id pick up the taller 1 for this team... and i know everyone has their doubts but if jemmer falls to our pick do we pick him up?

Originally Posted by you go boy

am i the only one who wants to draft nolan smith as the backup pg? and i like the morris twins id pick up the taller 1 for this team... and i know everyone has their doubts but if jemmer falls to our pick do we pick him up?
i say no to nolan smith and im not a fan of markieff morris. but i would not mind marcus morris although i think both of them (especially marcus) will be taken by the time we pick, and i also think you take jimmer if hes available

You had to make that deal. But everyone in NY knows that they would take Deron Williams at the price he went for over Billups and Melo any day of the week.
with Williams your closer to making a play for a title imo.
Lets say you give up Felton, Chandler, the first rounder, and a second rounder.
Thats a much better trade than the Melo deal. And you have a guy who can cater to Amare.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

You had to make that deal. But everyone in NY knows that they would take Deron Williams at the price he went for over Billups and Melo any day of the week.
with Williams your closer to making a play for a title imo.
Lets say you give up Felton, Chandler, the first rounder, and a second rounder.
Thats a much better trade than the Melo deal. And you have a guy who can cater to Amare.

i wish this could have went down too bad noone knew he was going to be traded
laugh.gif

Really wish Donnie had word of it a few days before and pulled the trigger. Then DEN technically would be forced to still work with w/e the Knicks had to offer (aint like they'd be dumb enough to ask for DWill so at worst we would've gave up Fields).

30t6p3b.gif

After L. Fields performance in the playoffs I don't thinkany team would even trade him for a bag of chips, they are officially stuckwith him.

Originally Posted by wiseman299

After L. Fields performance in the playoffs I don't thinkany team would even trade him for a bag of chips, they are officially stuckwith him.
Wouldn't go that far at all. There's probably a bunch of team's that'd attribute his performance to being a rookie and playoff jitters. Probably even more teams think he overachieved the entire season anyway.

Back
Top Bottom