**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Moz always had the talent, he just lost his confidence during the season. If Moz can improve his rebounding and stay out of foul trouble, he'd be great for us.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Before season started, I wanted to see Mozgov-Amare-Gallo-Chandler-Felton lineup. W/ AR gettin at least 25mins.

Moz and AR both played terribly, and Turiaf was a surprise.

And whoever mentioned not to play MOZ cuz were tryna make a playoff push.... we need a center, why not work one we have in the second half of the season into the playoffs ?

How many teams you know make it to the next round without a Center ?
I said it, as I mentioned befored we cant take the risk with him out on the floor. He's a huge liabilty. What happens when we play the duncans,garnetts,boshs,griffins etc MOZ is food to them, its not like he has the world best attitude of himself either, one mistake and hes starts to play as if the world is over. I'm all for having a center but not at the expense of hurting our team and giving up 30 points to an opposing teams big man.

He earned his play time, let's see how he does
grin.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by throwback1718

I asked this last week sometime, but why did we get Roger Mason JR again???

and I think Moz should be utilized a bit, to feel his way around. even if its only against scrub teams.

Mason is a waste of money. If we can't move him this summer I say just buy him out and cut our losses.

I always thought Moz should get more playing time. We're not facing the elite nightly and it's not like we have anyone else on our team that'd be doing an amazing job against the elite bigs in the game. We could've definitely used Moz against the Lakers.

I say give him 15 min when you can. More when we face below .500 teams.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

It's be foolish to not give a guy that just gave us 25/13 another look. Especially when he fills one of our biggest voids.
Word...don't see what the big deal is. Dude has the talent and he will not build up any confidence warming the bench, bet on that.

Before season started, I wanted to see Mozgov-Amare-Gallo-Chandler-Felton lineup. W/ AR gettin at least 25mins.

Moz and AR both played terribly, and Turiaf was a surprise.

And whoever mentioned not to play MOZ cuz were tryna make a playoff push.... we need a center, why not work one we have in the second half of the season into the playoffs ?

How many teams you know make it to the next round without a Center ?
I said it, as I mentioned befored we cant take the risk with him out on the floor. He's a huge liabilty. What happens when we play the duncans,garnetts,boshs,griffins etc MOZ is food to them, its not like he has the world best attitude of himself either, one mistake and hes starts to play as if the world is over. I'm all for having a center but not at the expense of hurting our team and giving up 30 points to an opposing teams big man.

He earned his play time, let's see how he does
grin.gif
roll.gif

Smiley faces don't prove any point.We are no threat in the paint. Teams double Amare and have an extra player roamind on defense. Why not play an extra big. Walsh got Moz for a reason, because he fits the team. He's not dropping 23 n 14 everynight but we can get better a bit, you never know

[h3]Knicks To Hire Warkentien As Consultant[/h3]
Jan 31, 2011 06:52 AM EST

Warkentein_Mark_den_061219.jpg

The Knicks have reached an agreement with former Nuggets general manager Mark Warkentien to join the team as a high-level consultant, according to league sources.

The hiring may be a prelude to a larger role in the future.

Warkentien, who will work closely with president Donnie Walsh, has a strong relationship with Carmelo Anthony.

A contract has been drawn for the NBA's 2009 Executive of the Year, but is still awaiting signatures.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks, Denver Nuggets, NBA, NBA Misc Rumor

Everybody has different feelings for different reasons for different games.

Most dudes are gonna be super hype when we play the "elites" and get a W.

Some dudes are gonna be hype when we get a W and a guy like Based Gov does his thing. The others will say it's just Detroit.

Speaking for myself, I know there are some W's that just make me feel jittery. Like the Miami win.

Last night I felt like progress was made with a player that we drafted and expected to be a part of what we do going foward.

Not everyone is going to feel the same way about every W or L.

Maybe you are somebody who is a "XYZ Team" hater, and if the Knicks beat them it's extra. Just cause you don't hate that team as much as the next dude don't mean they shouldn't expand
pimp.gif
emoticons the largest possible fit in the post.

Let's not try and tell people how to feel about certain games.

No one's going crazy....but it doesn't mean we shouldn't try and see if he can give us SOME sort of production after this. Trial and Error Run #2. If he's able to contribute, good. If not, let him develop more in practice. Simple as that. The only way if you can tell he's actually developed over the past 2 months, is if we play him during game situations. Duncan/Jefferson/KG/Bosh etc. will feast on this team whether Mozgov plays or not, because our defense is a straight up liability period. But having a 7 ft to eat up space is better than letting Chandler and Turiaf have to go head to head against big men they can't guard.

Also, it's just the Pistons but they are an NBA team with NBA players. Gordan had one of those games where a bad team like Detroit pulls it out because of his performance. We were missing 2 players that are in our rotation. (I know Pistons ain't have Stuckey or Wallace too.) And if you look at the box score we basically played with 6 players last night. This was a big win.

Originally Posted by Pysch

Originally Posted by viiheaven

It was the Detroit Pistons, let's not go crazy.
maybe also why mozgov had a good game
I said this to myself when I saw his stats. It was rookie center vs. rookie center but I still support.

Rookie center who hasn't played minutes in about a month and a half versus rookie center who has been playing steady minutes and improving on both sides of the ball.

It was the Pistons and w/e other excuse is out there but I don't see what's wrong with saying he earned himself some playing time with his performance yesterday after being benched for so long. Especially with Turiaf and Amare hurting a bit.

What I meant is we shouldn't put too much stock into his statline because of the fact that it was the Detroit Pistons. They're a sub-par team this year.

I loved the Mozgov signing and thought he'd perform really well after he got used to the NBA game. Unfortunately that hasn't happened. It's 1 game that he played extremely well. Hopefully this boosts his confidence and he can continue to perform well.

I just don't want people to think he can perform like this on a nightly basis (it took Amar'e to be questionable, Will being hurt, Turiaf being in foul trouble and Randolph playing like crap for him to even see these kinds of minutes).

Like I said, hopefully it's a stepping stone for him, he gets minutes and performs enough to keep him in the rotation. Especially considering we have a void at the Center position and this is precisely why we signed him. HOWEVER, it was still the Detroit Pistons. If he can perform like this against some middle of the road teams such as the Charlotte Bobcats, Milwaukee Bucks, etc, then we can be optimistic.

I didn't watch the game, but I listened to the first two quarters on the radio. And from the sounds of it, he missed some really easy putbacks and dunks.

But I think he can be a really important player for us, so here's to hoping that he becomes that!

and I think Moz should be utilized a bit, to feel his way around. even if its only against scrub teams.

Mason is a waste of money. If we can't move him this summer I say just buy him out and cut our losses.
We got Roger Mason, Jr. because we needed a shooting guard. The Knicks refused to give up a first round pick for Rudy Fernandez. Landry Fields wasn't an option for the shooting guard position that time. The Knicks signed Mason, Jr. for one year $1.4 millions anyway. 

What I meant is we shouldn't put too much stock into his statline because of the fact that it was the Detroit Pistons. They're a sub-par team this year.

I loved the Mozgov signing and thought he'd perform really well after he got used to the NBA game. Unfortunately that hasn't happened. It's 1 game that he played extremely well. Hopefully this boosts his confidence and he can continue to perform well.

I just don't want people to think he can perform like this on a nightly basis (it took Amar'e to be questionable, Will being hurt, Turiaf being in foul trouble and Randolph playing like crap for him to even see these kinds of minutes).

Like I said, hopefully it's a stepping stone for him, he gets minutes and performs enough to keep him in the rotation. Especially considering we have a void at the Center position and this is precisely why we signed him. HOWEVER, it was still the Detroit Pistons. If he can perform like this against some middle of the road teams such as the Charlotte Bobcats, Milwaukee Bucks, etc, then we can be optimistic.

I didn't watch the game, but I listened to the first two quarters on the radio. And from the sounds of it, he missed some really easy putbacks and dunks.

But I think he can be a really important player for us, so here's to hoping that he becomes that!
Come on.
laugh.gif

I respect what you said though.
laugh.gif

*E-Hug, Hi-Five* Glad to see someone using their logic in the post. You would've thought Moz did all of this against Dwight Howard in game 7 of the ECF

Originally Posted by d3simet

We got Roger Mason, Jr. because we needed a shooting guard. The Knicks refused to give up a first round pick for Rudy Fernandez. Landry Fields wasn't an option for the shooting guard position that time. The Knicks signed Mason, Jr. for one year $1.4 millions anyway. 
Yeah Nobody knew dude would be this horrible. Glad he's only on our books for 1 year though.

Back
Top Bottom