**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Yea I think only one lost in our next 4 games is acceptable..

We can beat wizards and philly. Either milwaukee or warriors could beat us..

But I see us winning all :ohwell:

Originally Posted by nightruans

laugh.gif
its funny bc im a huge knicks fan and my hate for them left once Jordan was gone...
yea, same here. I really don't care for the Bulls like that nowadays but they kept trollin in this thread like we were back in the 90s or something
laugh.gif

SMH at Charles saying the Knicks are a BAD team during yesterdays halftime show... that was too wreckless

Was this posted?

Isiah Still Believes He Can Win With Knicks

Nov 05, 2010 1:14 AM EST

Isiah Thomas was asked if he would describe his desire to return to his former position with the Knicks as a dream, a desire or an expectation.

"Desire or dream," replied Thomas. "I don't expect it. But knowing what I know about the game and the relationships that I have, I'm confident that if no crazy [stuff] happens, I think I can win in New York, and I think I was really close to winning in New York."

When Thomas was hired in 2003, Thomas claims he immediately targeted LeBron James as the eventual centerpiece of the Knicks. Thomas believes James, who was a rookie in 2003, would have eventually come to New York if the former team president didn't have his tenure derailed by a sexual harassment suit and a losing record.

"I have to believe that," Thomas said, "because that was my plan. So I stick to it."

Thomas acquired players like Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford, who he thought would appeal to James.

"They were just all friendly, and they were all on the AAU circuit," Thomas said.

"I think if you take away that trial," Thomas said, "I'm still there, we make the playoffs a couple of times ... and I don't know if Miami has LeBron or Wade. We may have had LeBron and Wade."

So his real plan was to clear cap room and sign LeBron and Wade, huh?
roll.gif

He should really go away. Really.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by nightruans

laugh.gif
its funny bc im a huge knicks fan and my hate for them left once Jordan was gone...
yea, same here. I really don't care for the Bulls like that nowadays but they kept trollin in this thread like we were back in the 90s or something
laugh.gif

I take offense to this statement. I for one post valuable insight, plus I lowkey use y'all for info, hell y'all are quick with it here... and I still hate y'all like it was the 90's too, nothings changed I'm loyal to my cause. I dislike y'all more than I do UNC and thats saying something.

I respect your hate young man.

So with that in mind, $%$@ ya'll too.

Besides, the NBA needs this rivalry.

Originally Posted by GJones712

When we gonna go grab a few beers? Giants/Cowboys?
nerd.gif

I actually meant to hit you up this weekend, I was thinking Pacquiao/Margarito next weekend if you were willing to travel
nerd.gif

I still despise the Bulls.  I always will.

i hate miami more than the bulls. the bulls won fair and square. no shame losing to the greatest player who ever walked the earth.

miami had to cheat and get our star players suspended. then they had to cheat again with wade whispering into other players ears and going into meetings just to get information. plus we actually won most of those rivalry's

growing up i hated the pacers more than the bulls too. i loved rodman. and loved MJ and space jam.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Arenas is back tonight

im nervous
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Dude we're gonna win.. Wall is gonna cruise past Felton though. They should put T. Doug on him.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Cake, I plan on coming to Chicago one week and wearing All Knicks Everything during my stay.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Dudes go on a shooting spree every weekend out there.
roll.gif
.. Luck to you

NBA At 2: Nash Trade Coming?

spacer.gif

By:Bill Ingram  Last Updated: 11/5/10 12:34 PM ET | 2030 times read

Adjust font size:

You had to know this was coming. It was inevitable. As much as we wanted to give the Phoenix Suns the benefit of the doubt after they all but gutted their Western Conference Championship team, their 1-3 start seems to be confirming fears of the worst-case scenario. Hedo Turkoglu hasn't fit in very well early on and Amar'e Stoudemire replacement Hakim Warrick is putting up almost exactly half of Stoudemire's scoring and rebounding stats. Meanwhile, players like Channing Frye and Robin Lopez have been less effective without being able to feed off of Stoudemire and the defensive attention he commanded. 

It's still too early to think about blowing up what's left of the Suns, but if they continue to lose we'll hear a lot more of what's already coming from the trade-starved New York media. Saying there are rumblings coming out of Phoenix (which were referenced, and we haven't heard and couldn't find) that the Suns could be on the verge of trading Steve Nash, the New York Post suggests that the Knicks could be in hot pursuit of Stoudemire's former teammate.

"Nobody's untradeable," former Suns GM Steve Kerr told the Post on Wednesday night, talking about Nash. "I know a year ago no way we would've considered that. But if a team struggles and looks like it won't be a playoff team, they have to consider all their options. But you can't just do it for the sake of doing it. You have to hit a home run. The reality is I don't see any deal put together for those two teams."

Kerr makes an excellent point, an obvious point, really. If there is an owner in the NBA who might be willing to take on Eddy Curry's ending contract, that owner might be Robert Sarver in Phoenix. [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]The salaries are fairly close, but even Sarver has to realize that trading the most popular player on the team in a salary dump would cost him millions in ticket sales this season.[/color] There's some truth to the idea that Goran Dragic will start for the Suns in the not-too-distant future, and it's even reasonable to expect Nash and Grant Hill to talk about wanting out if the team continues on their current downhill slide.

No matter what happens in Phoenix, however, it's incredibly unlikely that Nash lands in New York. As in the Knicks' talks with Denver about Carmelo Anthony, they simply don't have the pieces to offer in return.

Coach, Amare, Nash All in NY?
laugh.gif

I rather keep Curry to have a shot at trading for Melo at the deadline.

- If we can trade Curry for Nash, i don't think we can sign Melo next offseason, right? We would have to include Curry, Felton, Chandler & Turiaf for salary reasons)

Back
Top Bottom