**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

It sucks that it took Billups to foul out for Fields to play at the end of the 4th.

I'm tired of seeing Toney play, that %$!++ need a rest.

As usual, bad defense with early horrible offense while playing catch up the entire game leads to the L.

For our next 3 games we play Boston, Orlando then Milwaukee again
laugh.gif

Once again Amar'e takes twice as many shots as Carmelo..Carmelo took 14, Amar'e took 28...They need to learn how to balance the scoring a lot more between the two..Amar'e played well so I'm not pinning the blame on him but the ball movement needs to improve..I don't recall watching a Heat game where Lebron takes 30 shots and Wade takes 15 and they win

When Kobe tries to take over games and doesn't let Pau get involved in the game, people complain that Kobe needs to keep the offense flowing..The same goes for Amar'e.

Once again Amar'e takes twice as many shots as Carmelo..Carmelo took 14, Amar'e took 28...They need to learn how to balance the scoring a lot more between the two..Amar'e played well so I'm not pinning the blame on him but the ball movement needs to improve..I don't recall watching a Heat game where Lebron takes 30 shots and Wade takes 15 and they win

When Kobe tries to take over games and doesn't let Pau get involved in the game, people complain that Kobe needs to keep the offense flowing..The same goes for Amar'e.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

For our next 3 games we play Boston, Orlando then Milwaukee again
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
2 game winning streak snapped
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

That's only been a problem recently like maybe the last 3 games. Usually Melo's been taking more shots than Amar'e

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I don't even want to talk about this game but IMO this is the beginning of the end of Pringles. I think we've seen signs of him losing some players and clearly from the day the trade was made, alot of the control he had was pulled from right under him. I don't even mean it in a bad way but with chauncey coming in here talking about D and melo saying we need a more consistent defensive philosophy, it's pretty clear that these things aren't pringles strong points. For me the biggest thing aside from these L's was Breen criticizing pringles today on air. You never hear breen get on anyone associated with the knicks, he slurps everything associated w MSG. We all know once dudes usually bash too much, Dolan doesn't like it so he ends up firing em, this ain't happening with breen obviously. Maybe I'm thinking to hard about this and I've said forever we will never win chips w pringles but it's just so much more evident.

That is all for now.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by rashi

How the hell do you guys beat the good teams and lose against sorry ++@ teams?  
roll.gif
roll.gif
That's stuff .500 teams do.
Its pretty obvious everything still isn't in 100% sync, too many forced shots when things don't go their way.

Needs to be more defensive commitment but thats beating a dead horse at this point.

With the way Boston has been struggling and the way Paul Pierce disrespected us in the Garden, the Knicks better win tomorrow night

D'Antoni needs to swallow his pride a little in the offseason and hire a defensive coach as an assistant. Not just some figurehead or a yes man like his brother is.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

With the way Boston has been struggling and the way Paul Pierce disrespected us in the Garden, the Knicks better win tomorrow night
have you been watching this knick team? they will lose to the celtics and it wont even be close.

Its give or take, it can easily be a night where everything drops and we win by 12, or it can be an offensive struggle (that's when everything else just looks awful).

Any game is winnable just as much as any game is a loss with this team.

so i heard melo didnt talk to anyone after pistons loss? dudes had to call a team meeting smh. i see what karl was talking about before now. dude is talented but he's all about himself. i think he may just be frustrated with the way the team is playing but his body language on and off the court is not something i've liked.
i sometimes wish that when we there are egos like this on a team, melo...amare...dantoni, everyone would just lock themselves in a room and have a royal rumble. i bet that would solve problems fast
laugh.gif
they had a team meeting but it obviously didnt solve anything still

amare finally grabbing rebounds
pimp.gif

NT GODS HAVE ANSWERED ME
pimp.gif

anyone get the vibe that the players egos are gunna cause a clash?

with miami their players roles are more clear cut. wade has the ring and is the team OG their 150 fans know its mia is wade county, brons the reigning back to back mvp. and bosh knows hes the sidekick. with boston pp is the og, ray is a shooter/scorer, and kg is the inside and defensive presence. and they let rondo do his thing at pg without caring about stats.

with us stat is the one who brought the knicks back to relevance, but now melo is the team "superstar" and new fan favorite. there is no clear "king of ny" and the throne is up for grabs.

the fact that we arent playing a team game on offense makes it worse because the more one watches the other going in 1on1 isos, the more they wanna go 1on1 next trip. and the less focused they are on defense and hustling.

i thought chauncey would be able to run the offense and function as sort of a player/coach on the floor but he doesnt seem to have any interest against the lower level teams and doesnt have a bring it every night attitude. i thought hed be able to function as a steve nash lite being a pg with great shooting ability, but i really overestimated his playmaking ability.

Back
Top Bottom