OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Missed the game, but it's like they say, every dog has his day...Sasha lit, I mean 7/8 for 23? Jesus.

Booker looks like he'd get burned by the moon on a cloudy night :rofl: Looks like he's gonna be a great pick up tho. They just grow guards in Phoenix :smh:

When's the last time the Knicks had a start to finish lead for a dub?

Last edited:
This team is annoying

Extremely.

Melo has pretty much been a given all season. Even when he's having an off shooting night, he contributes big in other ways.

It's everyone else. They're so damn inconsistent.

And a lot of that has to do with coaching and the wacky rotations.

Frustrating to watch a team that should be in the middle of the playoff race, flounder around, the way that we are.

i know we improved a lot from last year and we have a bunch of holes in our roster but there's no reason we couldn't have been around a .500 team this season.

we beat one of the worst teams in the league with Sasha having the game of his life. People here are feeling this team way too much 
laugh.gif

we're a few games better than our record, but we still suck and have 0 guards when Calderon isn't getting double digit dimes and Sasha isn't dropping 23 on 88% shooting 

we beat one of the worst teams in the league with Sasha having the game of his life. People here are feeling this team way too much :lol:

we're a few games better than our record, but we still suck and have 0 guards when Calderon isn't getting double digit dimes and Sasha isn't dropping 23 on 88% shooting 
LOL, would have preferred we lost like we do to the Nyets :smile: we ain't winning enough games to be unsatisfied with ANY win :rofl: (but seriously nothing to really be happy about other than we didn't lose)

This team is annoying

Extremely.

Melo has pretty much been a given all season. Even when he's having an off shooting night, he contributes big in other ways.

It's everyone else. They're so damn inconsistent.

And a lot of that has to do with coaching and the wacky rotations.

Frustrating to watch a team that should be in the middle of the playoff race, flounder around, the way that we are.

i know we improved a lot from last year and we have a bunch of holes in our roster but there's no reason we couldn't have been around a .500 team this season.

Been saying this for the longest :smh:

Truth: Setting the record straight on my tenure with the New York Knicks and the Matt Barnes “situation.”

by Derek Fisher

It’s been a few weeks since I was let go by the New York Knicks. In the time that’s passed, there’s been a lot written and said about me, most of it amounting to nothing more than rumors and gossip.

As the stories began to spread, however, the one thing missing was my voice — my version of events.

I want to make sure my voice is now heard. I want to let people know that you can’t just make things up and get away with it. I want to set a few things straight.

First, let’s address this idea that I lost my job because of certain “character” or “integrity” issues. Not only is any such insinuation untrue, it’s downright offensive.

The reality is that NBA coaches get fired for all sorts of different reasons. Coaches that have been at it much longer than I have — and have been far more successful than I was — have been fired.

When the organization informed me of its decision, the conversation was short. The underlying message was that things weren’t working out the way they had hoped. I thanked management for the opportunity, and that was it.
At no time did anyone at that meeting express to me that stories about my personal life were distracting from the collective task at hand, or — more important — that any of my players had expressed to management that they had lost confidence in me as their coach. Nothing remotely like that was ever brought up or discussed.

That’s why I was shocked when stories like that surfaced in the media.

So were my players. At the time, we were going through a difficult 1–9 stretch, but to its credit, the entire team was still responsive to my leadership, decision making and coaching. They hadn’t given up on me. They weren’t questioning my integrity. My relationships with my players were good and becoming stronger.

The NBA is an incredibly challenging league that requires every single person in an organization — from ownership to management to the coaching staff to the players — to understand just how tough the road from rebuilding to contention is. At no time was my commitment to turning things around in question. As for my players, I was a guy that a lot of them had played against, so once I became their head coach, I think they had a tremendous amount of respect for my work ethic and dedication to righting the ship. They saw how hard I worked, how much time I put in. Many of them reached out to me after I was fired. I still hear from some of them.

Unfortunately, when the Knicks made the decision to let me go, some people — particularly certain members of the media — decided to take advantage of what had happened in my personal life, spinning those events as justification for the team’s decision to fire me.

Look, I get it … salacious gossip sells papers and garners clicks, but when you publish outright lies, I have a right to defend myself.

So let’s set the record straight on my personal life — specifically, my relationship with Gloria Govan and how it relates to Matt Barnes.

First, I was stunned and disappointed by the way Gloria was treated in the media. After the much publicized (and unfortunate) situation went down in Los Angeles last year, story after story was published that portrayed her as a piece of property, instead of the strong, independent woman and mother she is; someone who is capable of making her own decisions. This is a human being we are talking about, not some pawn in a game.

As far as Matt goes, to say that we had history before the incident would be an exaggeration. We played together for the Los Angeles Lakers during the 2010–11 season, and a couple months in the lockout-shortened 2011–12 season. That’s it. That’s the history.

During that time, we were teammates, and never had any issues. We never had any real relationship off the court, either. Our kids didn’t hang out, our families didn’t interact. There were no birthday parties. There were no post-game dinners. We weren’t friends and we had no mutual friends.

When Gloria and I started dating, she and Matt had already been separated and living apart for more than a year. Same thing for me. My wife and I were long separated; she was in L.A., I was in New York. Matt and Gloria were not trying to work things out, and I certainly wasn’t seeing her behind Matt’s back or in secret. The relationship wasn’t something I was trying to publicize, but it also wasn’t something I was trying to hide, either. There was no reason to.

I don’t know what was going through Matt’s mind that day in October when he showed up unannounced at Gloria’s house, and started swinging. I didn’t retaliate. No one who was there did anything but try to get him to calm down, particularly because Matt and Gloria’s children were present. There was no fight.

That’s it. There’s nothing more to what happened than that.

At the time, I had no intention of saying anything about what happened, and I definitely didn’t wish for the incident to become public knowledge. As far as I was concerned, it was something I was willing to let pass, and as an NBA head coach, I was more than aware that actions off the court might reflect upon many others beyond just me.

Then suddenly, the story of a “fight” leaked to the media. I’ll let you speculate on who leaked it and why, and the nature of their character. My reputation speaks for itself.

I know I’m not perfect. I’m human and flawed. I’ve failed. I have shortcomings. Everybody does. That being said, I’ve been in the NBA and the public eye for 20 years. Plenty of people know me well, and they know my true character. I would not have been allowed to lead the teams I led without the character and integrity I possess.

I’m thankful for the ongoing support from the fans and the people who care about me, and know what I’m about. I’ve learned a lot in the transition from player to coach. My experience in New York is one I will always value, and I know it will benefit me as I move forward.

As for what’s next? Time will tell, but I’m ready to continue the journey, and I’m excited for what’s to come.

https://thecauldron.si.com/truth-9ebb66ca8990#.kdqze7lau

Any motorcycle riders here? Posted this in the Post Your Motorcycle thread, but wasn't sure how active they are anymore. Hoping to get some perspective and advice in-house. Thanks in advance!

Been looking to ride for a long time now, and finally started the process of getting my permit and taking lessons within the next couple of weeks.

Any tips for a beginner with no previous riding experience? Best place to get gear? Came across Revzilla. What should I look for in a helmet? Best one out for someone in my ability level? Considering this thing will protect my head, I'm willing to pay premium price for something that merits it's justification.

Have muddled over this for the past few weeks and I think I'm leaning towards getting a Honda cbr600rr. Was considering the Yamaha R6, but after sitting on the bike, it's far too aggressive for someone within my ability level. Initially thought I was going to get a R3 or maybe a Ninja 300, but came to the conclusion that I may get bored of it sooner than I thought. Also, I feel I have the judgement to ride responsibly and within my riding ability. Not really looking to do trick. I just want to ride around town or out during weekends.

Any other tips and suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Aint even read that piece of sheets pathetic attempt for vindication. Probably full of "media picked on me, didnt know tthe whole story" . Eff that. You a slimeball who puts on a facade of dignity and character. stay away from the knicks you sorry fool. Phil aint even want you , you just happened to b there after kerr chose the other side. You suck and your actions regarding choice of women are atrocious and pitiful but fail in comparison to your ability to coach a group of 12 men playing the game of basketball.

Please exit the premises in a timely manner and close the door behind you.

Back
Top Bottom