OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Lin is a decent player to come off the bench to play some hard minutes for a team, but he's not a starting PG in the NBA. With the depth of talent in the PG position, i'd be hard pressed to start him. It would actually be more concerning if I had to start him :lol:

Not saying he's terrible. He can be productive and has a place in the league. Which is pretty impressive itself.

Yeah because Jeremy Lin is the reason the Hornets are doing well, not Steve Clifford, not Kemba Walker, not Nic Batum.

Jeremy Lin is more of a winner than Carmelo Anthony, you're right. Let's just look at the stats:

Jeremy Lin averages 11.8 and 2.9. He has 3.2 win shares and a 0.4 VORP.

Carmelo Anthony averages 21.8 and 4.2. He has 5.6 win shares and a 2.5 VORP.

Oh and to put things in perspective, since you know, Lin is God:

Jose Calderon averages 7.6 and 4.1 in 2 more mpg than Lin. He has 3.7 win shares and a 0.9 VORP.

Lin has a 14 PER, Calderon's is 12.2.

So yeah dude, Lin is God.

Melo has a 14.3% PIE
Lin's 9.2%
Calderon's 8.7%
Andre Miller's 9.7%

Jose Calderon's wins produced 6.1
Lin's 2.5
Melo's 5.6
TJ McConnell 5.6
Mario Chalmers 3.7
Delly 3.5
Galloway 3.6

ADJP48
Calderon .258
Lin .157

I hope that puts things into perspective for you for how idiotic your statement was.

This is another kind of ether.

Lin is a decent player to come off the bench to play some hard minutes for a team.
This is what I've said

I said I wish we still had him.

NO WAY HE CAN START. I don't want no big three here we'd be a laughing stock and would choke in the finals.

And I hate Melo so Lin >>>
Melo has been the best facilitator on the team. Stop trolling and watch a ******* game. Comparing an average role player to a future hall of famer. Troll elsewhere.
No troll Melo is cancer

I'd rather have the whole team have 2-3 assist then see him fish for it the whole game trying to be like his lil bro. Like Lebby is doing to Love, Melo did for Barg

This is the dude who shook his head when Calderone hit the game winner, and no one gave him props for it. He had to talk to the damn waterboy. That all stems from Melo

But whatever NY love how he snuck into the HOF with this iso game

Last edited:
Your hate for Melo is clouding your judgement. You don't have to like anything about him to know he's a better player than Lin. Any valid point you might have gets buried under the blinding hate...

Shouldn't we have been so much more successful w/ him by now according to you all?

Obviously there is the better player, but that still doesn't mean he's not cancer.

Shouldn't we have been so much more successful w/ him by now according to you all?

Obviously there is the better player, but that still doesn't mean he's not cancer.

So using your logic, the great Lin is also better than Anthony Davis?

So using your logic, the great Lin is also better than Anthony Davis?
Obviously there is the better scorer, but that still doesn't mean he's not cancer

Anybody >>>>> Melo
Melo being a cancer is at least FAX
fixed

Last edited:
Lebron is more of a cancer than Melo but no one says anything. Melo has never quit on his team fired coaches n traded players like lebron he's never talked about changing teams but he's a cancer and lebron isn't

No one says anything? About Lebron?

Didn't Melo get rid of D'Antoni? Didn't he call George a snake too.

He left Denver. I ain't never want him to come here. You dumb as Dolan if you think Melo is worth 125 mill overrated

Last edited:
Stop giving this troll attention

Only way he can be half serious with the Lin stuff is if he's...wait nvm this is NT [emoji]128566[/emoji]

Last edited:
I know it gets brought up every 2 weeks and it's beating a dead horse,

But we've been hustling backwards for the longest. NY is a FA destination. We're supposed to get good young talent on rookie contracts and then bring in the FAs. We had that, and then stupid Dolan messed up Donnie's whole plan.

And also I say getting the talent on rookie contacts then bring in the guys because if you have a star while you're accumulating the talent then you're gunna just be getting mediocre draft picks as opposed to high lotto picks. We had a rare opportunity with that group and messed it up. Even coulda swung deals with Will and Gallo to help us acquire players in positions we needed. And then the draft picks too. That move was the ****** worst. And then Bargnani smfh, making this whole season an actual damn waste.

Last edited:
Stop giving this troll attention

Only way he can be half serious with the Lin stuff is if he's...wait nvm this is NT [emoji]128566[/emoji]
N we can easily pull your chick Sisters love us
laugh.gif

Melo will never get a ring fax

Back
Top Bottom