OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Man, I'd take Luke Walton in a second.

Really does sound like Phil is trying to push Melo to waive his NTC.

Last edited:
Begley:

Carmelo Anthony thinks Tom Thibodeau would have accepted the Knicks' head-coaching job if it were offered him. "I'm pretty sure in Thibodeau's situation, I'm pretty sure he wanted to come (to New York)," Anthony told ESPN. "He waited a while to see if there was gonna be an opportunity. It didn't happen."

Team president Phil Jackson did not reach out to Thibodeau prior to Thibodeau accepting a coaching/team president position with the Minnesota Timberwolves, according to sources. "I'm pretty sure if he would've gotten offered the job, he would have took it with no regret. He would have jumped on it," Anthony added.

Herring:

That might've been the worst-kept secret in the league, that Thibs wanted to coach the Knicks. Says a lot that it wasn't a consideration.

Doesn't mean it can't work another way. But damn you're creating an ugly scenario for yourself if you don't win with whoever you get instead.

Last edited:
^^^ And then we end up getting the crappy end of the stick.... AS ALWAYS

:smh:

I don't think so. We ended up getting Pozingis from Phil. Barring any major injuries, the kid is on track to be a superstar.

Watch Phil go byke to LA & build a championship team :lol:

Highly doubt it. With the current make up of the Lakers team (barring any superstar free agency activity), the Lakers are a pretty mediocre team. Phil also seems Hell bent on stick with his triangle offense.

Personally, I don't think you can win being fully dependent on that particular system.

Walton is taking over that Warriors job.

You don't sound uncertain. Curious to know why.

Last edited:
1 good decision in 2 years aint ****. 1.5 for signing rolo. -1 for trading the expiring contract of chandler for jose. so hes at .5 #****em

Hank:

It sounds like Kerr is in a lot of back pain, may need surgery again, if he wins his second title this year, he may just hang it up and call it a day. Walton would be better off, even if Kerr tries to stay after this year, to hang tight with the Warriors as an assistant than gamble on a fledgling organization that's rebuilding.

1 good decision in 2 years aint ****. 1.5 for signing rolo. -1 for trading the expiring contract of chandler for jose. so hes at .5 #****em

Your enumerate approach--I dig it.

Hank:

It sounds like Kerr is in a lot of back pain, may need surgery again, if he wins his second title this year, he may just hang it up and call it a day. Walton would be better off, even if Kerr tries to stay after this year, to hang tight with the Warriors as an assistant than gamble on a fledgling organization that's rebuilding.

Riding off into the sunset on a high note. I also dig it.

Last edited:
yeah, if i were walton, i would stay in the bay. sooner or later, kerr is gonna leave and hes obviously the prime candidate to take over. judging by kerr's current health, it might be sooner rather than later. and tbh, its not like there would be a huge adjustment for him or the team. theyre still gonna run the same offense and style of play. it would be foolish for him to leave, tbh.

as much as i want a high profile coach for our team, i dont blame anyone for not wanting to come here. phil is not making it easy on anyone. if anything HE is the cancer, not melo. melos production is gonna look even better once the cap goes up, bc his contract is gonna look like a bargain. everyone affiliated with the knicks NEEDS melo. phil would be a fool to try to force him out now. and besides, at least the dude is more loyal than bron :rolleyes

It's becoming evidently clear that Phil is a determent to our success. But something tells me we need to let him rock before we send the hounds. Let's see what free agency brings us.

In all honestly, the next season is a sort of imperative to his stance on how successful the Triangle is. Many would argue the players make the Triangle, not the system. Phil has been preaching the system more so over the the players.

Interesting to see how things play out. It's unfortunate that we've sort of become the guinea pig in all of this.

The thing thats disappointing the most about Phil, is how unprofessionally he has been handling everything.

No one ever wants to sign with us and this circus is just making it worse.

He may leave us in a bigger hole than we were already in.

He's extremely unprofessional and thinks his **** doesn't stink at all.

He came here for that bread and to set his boys up with jobs

Straight clown status

yall forget this dude offered lamar odom's corpse a contract. and he'd be hoopin for us if he laid off the pipe. he's hanging onto anything that reminds him of his laker championships. jordan farmar, adam morrison, dj mbenga. would all be here in some capacity. like someone said earlier, unfortunately we are guinea pigs in all of this. son has no idea what he's doing (im convinced so far, but strongly willing to change that sentiment). he picked porzingis but let's be serious, that wasn't choice #1 and if okafor was available he would have taken him. he did offer steve kerr a contract before derek fisher, so thats a positive but also a no brainer.

his exclusivity has closed off qualified people from associating with the organization. unfortunate but let's see how this offseason goes.

i got a feeling we extend sasha. :frown:

yall forget this dude offered lamar odom's corpse a contract. and he'd be hoopin for us if he laid off the pipe. he's hanging onto anything that reminds him of his laker championships. jordan farmar, adam morrison, dj mbenga. would all be here in some capacity. like someone said earlier, unfortunately we are guinea pigs in all of this. son has no idea what he's doing (im convinced so far, but strongly willing to change that sentiment). he picked porzingis but let's be serious, that wasn't choice #1 and if okafor was available he would have taken him. he did offer steve kerr a contract before derek fisher, so thats a positive but also a no brainer.

his exclusivity has closed off qualified people from associating with the organization. unfortunate but let's see how this offseason goes.

i got a feeling we extend sasha. :(
:smh:

@WojVerticalNBA: Sasha Vujacic will be considered for New York's coaching position, league sources tell @TheVertical
not srs[/color=black]

He's extremely unprofessional and thinks his **** doesn't stink at all.

He came here for that bread and to set his boys up with jobs

Straight clown status

I trusted in Phil but all hope went out the window when he dead*** organized that triangle seminar :x

Back
Top Bottom