OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I feel like we need a strong guy to play the rest of the minutes at center unless the team is ready to commit to KP being the main center.

I feel like we need a strong guy to play the rest of the minutes at center unless the team is ready to commit to KP being the main center.
eddy_curry1.jpeg

KP is the reason why I'd pick Noah over Mozgov. I believe KP can learn many things from Noah in practices/games.

Noah Is a bit skinny for his size. Only 230s lbs at 6"11. He has experiences. A perfect mentor to KP
This is true. He could learn a lot from Noah.

I like Noah, I'm just worried about us going all in and paying for someone who we won't need as much possibly as soon as next season. Then we have the issue of having to play Noah because of his salary which would eat into KP's growth.

I'd be happy with Mozgov. A lower lever big man who can defend the rim is what I'd like. Noah would fit, but I'd rather take a chance on Mozgov as he'd probably be easier to move than Noah.

If Porzingis will be playing 20-25 minutes at center there's no reason to spend big on a center.

Get someone like Mozgov, Zeller, or Mahinmi on a short term deal under $10M/year & give a 2 guard $15-20M.

True

The problem is that I don't see any worth SG that we'd give a $15-20 mill. DeRozan? He's nice but I think he will stay in Toronto.

Yeah DeRozan probably stays. Even if he wanted to leave he'd be a shaky fit next to Melo.

I wouldn't hesitate to give Crabbe or Bazemore $15M/year.

Yeah DeRozan probably stays. Even if he wanted to leave he'd be a shaky fit next to Melo.

Ah I see

I definitely like Bazemore. I'd be happy if we pay him $8-12 mill a year

i dont even like derozan's game. hes one of the more overrated players in the league IMO. stat sheet aside, has anyone actually watched him play? all he does is pump fake and shoot from midrange. thats melo's job :lol:

I am fine with either Noah or Mozgov. I like both anyways.

I just want to see us winning a title ASAP. That's all I ask for. I'd be glad to sell my soul for it :lol:

Bazemore is one of my guys so I'd love to see him play for the Knicks. Baze is more versatile than Allen Crabbe, but Crabbe might have better value since he's 3 years younger and also a better shooter. Crabbe is restricted, Baze isn't. I don't think 4/60 will be enough for either guy...

DeMar Derozan can't shoot, sucks on defense, and got clamped down in the playoffs. A league leader in FT's during the regular season, and if I remember right, went 3 straight games without attempting one at some point during Toronto's run.
Keep Derozan far, far away from NY.

Last edited:
I'd go as high as 4/$70M for Baze/Crabbe.

Courtney Lee is already 30 so i'd offer him 4/~$48M.

Bro everyone is about to get overpaid as **** this summer get ready for it. Especially anyone who has stepped on the floor for a contender. If we could you get Mozgov for 2/$18, you say "thank you very much where do I sign?" Theres been talk of Festus ******* Ezeli getting like 3 years and $60 million this summer... To put that in perspective we gave RoLo 4 years and like $55 mil last summer I believe. **** is about to get crazy.

Courtney Lee will be 31 by the time next season opener rolls around. Dis tew much for a 4 year contract.

4/70 for Crabbe or Baze is realistic yet sort of scary at the same time.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
It's a new day, yes it is.

I'm all for guys getting their money though.
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom