OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
GS got exposed by their lack of size, defense, and rebounding. This move doesn't help that. Give me Cleveland with Wade over these clowns

I can't see Russ and Melo meshing, I'm calling it now.
Melo gonna have to get down or lay down.

Hell, Melo could find himself alone in OKC :smile:x I wouldn't want that for him, but...).

Arguing at work with people who have no idea how the salary cap works or is currently situated :smh:.

**** KD. I'm glad his charmin *** didn't come to NY. I thought he was built differently than that smh. We only need dogs on this team so I consider it a dodged bullet that we didn't get him.

He would've taken minutes from Kyle O'Quinn so it's kind of a blessing in disguise he didn't choose us.

Everyone is saying Westbrook to us is a done deal if he doesn't get traded

Wouldn't call it a done deal but it's a good situation for him basketball wise imo. He also has a clothing line & Jordan endorsements that would do better in NY than OKC.

Westbrook
Lee
Melo
Porzingis
Noah

:nerd:

Wouldn't call it a done deal but it's a good situation for him basketball wise imo. He also has a clothing line & Jordan endorsements that would do better in NY than OKC.

Westbrook
Lee
Melo
Porzingis
Noah

:nerd:

I'm prepared to get flamed for this but, cap space permitting, I actually think I'd like to keep Rose on top of pursuing Westbrook next season.

At the meeting with Russ I'd just put on tape of that 2013 Phoenix Suns squad that won 48 games with Bledsoe and Dragic under Hornaceck and then show him how much better it'd be running those looks with him and Rose instead. Could pick n roll teams to death between KP, Noah, and even Melo sometimes in small ball looks and interchange having him and KP at the wing launching wide open 3s all game. Would help preserve Rose too. Idk if egos would let it happen because it would take a lot of ball sharing to make it work but to beat these new Warriors it'll take unconventional thinking to get it done cuz they damn near look unstoppable right now and if anyone could make this work it's Hornaceck.

I'm usually neither here or there with Melo, but I **** with him a lot more today, as of this hour, than I did at any other point. Various reasons.

I really wish he's still around the day this franchise reaches the mountain top. Hopefully it happens during his tenure. I want him there with the rest of us.

I'm prepared to get flamed for this but, cap space permitting, I actually think I'd like to keep Rose on top of pursuing Westbrook next season.

At the meeting with Russ I'd just put on tape of that 2013 Phoenix Suns squad that won 48 games with Bledsoe and Dragic under Hornaceck and then show him how much better it'd be running those looks with him and Rose instead. Could pick n roll teams to death between KP, Noah, and even Melo sometimes in small ball looks and interchange having him and KP at the wing launching wide open 3s all game. Would help preserve Rose too. Idk if egos would let it happen because it would take a lot of ball sharing to make it work but to beat these new Warriors it'll take unconventional thinking to get it done cuz they damn near look unstoppable right now and if anyone could make this work it's Hornaceck.
Has nothing to do with ball sharing, Rose needs to "feed his family." hes not taking a paycut. him backing up Russ would be lovely, though.

i'm just ready to go to war man. start the season tomorrow. 

Last edited:
We have Rose's bird rights. We can max out him and Westbrook just will be in the luxury tax threshold alah Cleveland.

We have Rose's bird rights. We can max out him and Westbrook just will be in the luxury tax threshold alah Cleveland.
oh, word. how about just slotting russy to sg?

if he does get traded, hes not extending anywhere, i think. hes gonna do **** on his own terms

Yeah, I was gonna say there's no way the Thunder allow this to happen to them again. And the Celtics probably have the most assets in the league (hey Nicholas)...

I'd absolutely love to see him with the Knicks though, that's a dream scenario. Only person happier than me would be Big J. I think my dude's heart and brain would explode. :lol:

Last edited:
Eh, not really seeing KD as a villain. Its ******* OKC not his hometown that he loves. Just some place his team moved to.

He don't owe them anything.

I don't hate KD for this at all. I figured he a little ***** made mentally when it comes to 4th quarter pressure moments and why he ain't really consider coming here but that's about it.

I get the criticism for going to GSW but it makes the most sense if he wants to win a ring next year.

Westbrook still probably not coming here. He's never shown any interest in NY but I'm sure you guys will be fooled when he leverages us next off-season if he isn't traded.

Last edited:
Eh, not really seeing KD as a villain. Its ******* OKC not his hometown that he loves. Just some place his team moved to.

He don't owe them anything.

I don't hate KD for this at all. I figured he a little ***** made mentally when it comes to 4th quarter pressure moments and why he ain't really consider coming here but that's about it.

I get the criticism for going to GSW but it makes the most sense if he wants to win a ring next year.

Westbrook still probably not coming here. He's never shown any interest in NY but I'm sure you guys will be fooled when he leverages us next off-season if he isn't traded.

I really hate this post

It's true with some opinion.

KD aint a leader.

Westbrook coming here in free agency would be the luckiest we've ever been since getting Ewing so as a Knick fan you know that not happening :lol:

I mean dudes really letting themselves envision a Westbrook, Rose, Melo, KP, Noah starting 5.

:rofl: @ you going off on Casper the friendly ghost in the NBA thread.

Last edited:
CmiMkt6W8AA2a_4

It's true with some opinion.

KD aint a leader.

Westbrook coming here in free agency would be the luckiest we've ever been since getting Ewing so as a Knick fan you know that not happening :lol:

I mean dudes really letting themselves envision a Westbrook, Rose, Melo, KP, Noah starting 5.

:rofl: @ you going off on Casper the friendly ghost in the NBA thread.

That's why I hated it. It was too damn real :lol: it just read "I'm done with this hope bs" we gon be what we gon b

Yea idk what it is with me and thone LA dudes they really don't like me :lol: I'm staying out of there before I get banned

Last edited:
:lol:

And yeah I'm done with hope :lol: :smh: I'd rather be shocked it happens.

Gotta take in to consideration what team he gets traded to as well.

The more I think about it, the more likely it'll be CP3 here and Russ to the clips. Melo and CP are boys and Russ is an LA boy. Also, as much as I don't like CP, him being more of a facilitator helps both KP and melo if I'm being honest.

I saw Anthony Davis at the Cheesecake Factory in NY and he's really good friends with one of the club owners in NY so once his contract is up he's highly considering the Knicks. Also heard KAT, Wiggins and Ben Simmons are considering us when they become free agents. Those reports are mad annoying most moron reporters who have nothing worth talking about come up with these nonsense reports and conspiracy theories on why players are coming here.

Back
Top Bottom