Official: 2008-2009 Fantasy Basketball Thread *Sticky*

Originally Posted by Kicks R Me

Is B. Wright done in Nellie's system???
One DNP and people are declaring Brandan Wright "done" in Nellie's system?

Nellie's rotations suck and if you aren't Stephen Jackson or Andris Biedrins, it's no guarantee he'll play you.

To answer your question, the answer is no.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Nellie's rotations suck and if you aren't Stephen Jackson or Andris Biedrins, it's no guarantee he'll play you.

Buike and Maggette are safe as far as I'm concerned.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Buike and Maggette are safe as far as I'm concerned.
Oh yeah, them too. Maggette right now isn't getting the minutes I was expecting him to get because he's coming off of a hamstring injuryand he was in foul trouble.

Do I give J. O'neal for Greg Oden?? O'neal had his 3rd straight double double tonight with 18 boards...but how long do his legs hold up? Oden lookslike he's coming on, but are his injury troubles over? Advice please...

Do I give J. O'neal for Greg Oden?? O'neal had his 3rd straight double double tonight with 18 boards...but how long do his legs hold up? Oden looks like he's coming on, but are his injury troubles over? Advice please...
Both are injury prone but I think Oden has the better upside in terms of talent. However, Jermaine O'Neal has more responsibility. IMO, theRaptors will go to Jermaine to score the ball more than the Blazers will go to Oden. There's more offensive weapons on the Blazers than on the Raptors.

That's a damn tough call, Oden will eventually end up getting you more blocks and rebounds, but not by much. I don't expect Oden to have many 20 pointgames, whereas JO can get that on a nightly basis mid-season.

Tough call. Depends on what you need more, and how much you can trust in their legs.

Josh Smith and Nene Hilario for Amare? I accepted already but just wanna hear some feedbacks if the trade sounds good or not. I have Troy Murphy andMarquis Daniels on the bench to fill the extra roster space.

Ok, so here's my full team:

Mo Williams - PG
Mike Bibby - PG
Chris Duhon - PG

Michael Redd - SG
John Salmons - SG, SF

Danny Granger - SF
Luc Mbah A Moute - SF
Rufy Gay - SF, PF

Brandan Wright - PF
Amare Stoudemire - PF, C
AL Horford - PF, C
Jermaine O'neal - PF, C

Mehmet Okur - C

12 man league, H2H, 9 categories. Just wanna see what you guys think? Am i lacking in a particular category? My SG situation isnt the greatest, but myPG's and SF's seem to compensate for the 3's that Redd's been missing out on. I'm 2-0 so far and today will see if I go 3-0, but it willgo down to the wire.

I don't know, I have real high hopes on Nene... I see what you're doing though, trading two-for-one, then getting a stud on the FA list, good move.

Should I trade Joe Johnson for Al Jefferson? I am getting killed on the boards and in the post, But I am afraid I will become just a decent rebounding anddecent guard team, right now I win all the guard categories. Here is my team.

Baron Davis
Joe Johnson
Mike Miller
Gerald Wallace
Dirk
John Salmons
Okur
Nene
Nate
Jr Smith
Drew Gooden
Michael Redd
Ramon Sessions
Boozer

Meh, I actually like JJ a bit more.. He's good in most categories, and it's not like Al Jefferson is a monster on the boards like Biedrins. Yeahhe's good, but not elite.

Beat Acid and DP, but lost to EagleBall by 1 three..
smh.gif
Not having Kevin Martin for the Kings FTL.

im dyyyinggg for assists.

i keep tryna dangle jamal crawford out there, but no one is really budging. a gang of my deals fell through
smh.gif

bright, that's why I ALWAYS try to grab at least one 9+ assist guy a draft. If you can get yourself someone who dishes out dimes, you can grab players thattoss out 4-6 a night and be competitive every week. Try working for Deron, some people are selling him low right now.

^how the hell are you gonna get more than one 9+ assist guy? Last year there were 4 guys that avg 9+, 5 if you wanna include Calderon.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

bright, that's why I ALWAYS try to grab at least one 9+ assist guy a draft. If you can get yourself someone who dishes out dimes, you can grab players that toss out 4-6 a night and be competitive every week. Try working for Deron, some people are selling him low right now.

well i got jose calderon, he's avg 9apg, but he's injured right now.

from there i got mostly dudes who give me points. my homie who has deron won't trade him and if he's willing too he's asking for way too much. soi'm tryna get nash.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^how the hell are you gonna get more than one 9+ assist guy? Last year there were 4 guys that avg 9+, 5 if you wanna include Calderon.

some people think nash might be on the downside and are tryna sell him. luckily the person who has him is in last place and is failing in every categorypossible
laugh.gif

good thing i was able to grab paul and roy as my guards. although they aren't as proficient with 3pt as i would like. hopin jr smith can crack denverlineup soon.

Didnt really make any trades, just dropped and added a couple platers...is my squad pretty solid?

PG- Chris Paul
SG- Joe Johnson
G- Mike Bibby
SF- Lamar Odom
PF- Carlos Boozer
F- Tayshawn Prince
C- Andris Biedrins
C- Kendrick Perkins
UT- James Posey
UT- Jameer Nelson
Bench- Paul Millsap
Bench- Kelenna Azubuike