[| -- Official 2008 "Glow In The Dark" Tour: KanYe, Lupe, N.E.R.D. & Rihanna Post -- |]

PJ, you decide yet if you're going to the Phoenix stop yet?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

pimp.gif

yeah i'm asking off for work this week
laugh.gif
I couldn't resistseeing this again who knows the next time 'Ye will tour...i just don't know what tickets i'm gonna get though...if i'm goin to AZ i might justshell out the money for floor seats again even though it isn't GA it's still floor and it'll be nice to be able to leave my seat this time andchill in between sets...

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I couldn't resist seeing this again who knows the next time 'Ye will tour...i just don't know what tickets i'm gonna get though...if i'm goin to AZ i might just shell out the money for floor seats again even though it isn't GA it's still floor and it'll be nice to be able to leave my seat this time and chill in between sets...

Yeah dude that's the question I was gonna ask...

With reserved floor seating, you can actually leave your seat betweens sets, go grab a bite, go to the bathroom, and come back to that same seat with noproblems?

Cuz that San Diego stop got me
eyes.gif
....if you managed to wiggle your way outof that mess, NO WAY in hell you're getting back that spot.

Oh, and Lupe posted a bulletin saying DON'T MISS MADISON SQUARE GARDEN IT STARTS AT 6 DON'T MISS ANY OF IT...

Honestly? He's probably tired of performing in front of 400-500 people when he can sell out that whole venue by himself.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I couldn't resist seeing this again who knows the next time 'Ye will tour...i just don't know what tickets i'm gonna get though...if i'm goin to AZ i might just shell out the money for floor seats again even though it isn't GA it's still floor and it'll be nice to be able to leave my seat this time and chill in between sets...

With reserved floor seating, you can actually leave your seat betweens sets, go grab a bite, go to the bathroom, and come back to that same seat with no problems?

eyes.gif
....if you managed to wiggle your way out of that mess, NO WAY in hell you're getting back that spot.

yeah, you've got the pluses and the bonuses...with reserved you have to get lucky and get tickets early but with GA where you sit is up to how long youwant to wait...i was looking at some of the videos and did not realize how @**$**+ CROWDED the floor was in SD...luckily the water dude came up before 'Yethat was
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

With reserved floor seating, you can actually leave your seat betweens sets, go grab a bite, go to the bathroom, and come back to that same seat with no problems?

eyes.gif
....if you managed to wiggle your way out of that mess, NO WAY in hell you're getting back that spot.

yeah, you've got the pluses and the bonuses...with reserved you have to get lucky and get tickets early but with GA where you sit is up to how long you want to wait...i was looking at some of the videos and did not realize how @**$**+ CROWDED the floor was in SD...luckily the water dude came up before 'Ye that was
pimp.gif

Damn man. Good thing. Dudes were extra salty at SD...giving you NO WIGGLE ROOM whatsoever. I was like '%@#....we're gonna be standing here for 4+hours...might as well let the nuts breathe between sets'

laugh.gif
@ that water dude. Son, no lie, I was ready to pass out. And seeingdudes with the water congo line had me
eek.gif
. Dudes 15-20 rows back weregetting it in.

EDIT: I just found myself in that San Diego vid.
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What time does the concert actually start for MSG

my ticket says 7:30, I'm hearing people say 7, Lupe saying 6

I'm just going to show up at 6 or 6:30

so how about here in VA we having a tornado. Raining like %#$. It slowed down some. Rihannas on now which is why I'm on NT.

Originally Posted by Lupe Fiasco

IF YOU ARE GOING TO AN UPCOMING "GLOW IN THE DARK" TOUR DATE! PLEASE GET IN TO THE VENUE AND IN YOUR SEAT BEFORE 7PM, TO CATCH THE ENTIRE SHOW...IF NOT YOU WILL DEF MISS LUPE FIASCO AND N.E.R.D. - BEEN GETTING ALOT OF MESSAGE ABOUT PEOPLE MISSING OUR SHOW..

ALSO, DEF BE ON TIME AT 6:00PM WHEN DOORS OPEN AT THE VENUE FOR THE MADISON SQUARE GARDEN SHOW NEXT WEEK. YOUR NOT GONNA WANNA MISS ANY OF THE SHOW IN NYC OR ANYWHERE FOR THAT MATTER.

FNF UP & AWAY!!

eek.gif
6pm

I know that NYC show is gonna be crazy

aight !$!% my friends imma have to get my dad to drop me off at MSG...dude has a possibility of being late and if i miss lupe im def gonna punch my dude in theface ON SITE.
laugh.gif

and i dont think imma get out of my seat @ MSG....cause i know imma have to bang out
laugh.gif

i went to the nissan joint

i ate my hash brownies in line nd it played out perfectly cus it hit me wen lupe came on wich was fuqn =O!

JUSTICE X LUPE = FTW!!!!

when he can sell out that whole venue by himself.
whoa whoa whoa we're talking arenas here skippy

Dude just call me skippy?
laugh.gif
Nah but what I'm saying is Nissancan hold 22,000 (around that I think...). Lupe may not have been able to sell it out, but I guarantee dude would have had more in attendance than the 500 or soodd people that were there at 6:45 when I got there. And I'm gonna post that video I took of the first five minutes of the show tomorrow if any ofy'all want to see it. It's not the best quality but after hearing the sound on that CTMN video, mine sounds like Dolby Digital
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

laugh.gif
Nah but what I'm saying is Nissan can hold 22,000 (around that I think...). Lupe may not have been able to sell it out, but I guarantee dude would have had more in attendance than the 500 or so odd people that were there at 6:45 when I got there. And I'm gonna post that video I took of the first five minutes of the show tomorrow if any of y'all want to see it. It's not the best quality but after hearing the sound on that CTMN video, mine sounds like Dolby Digital
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
but yeah i see what you are saying lupe may headlinearena/amphitheatre shows in the future but right now Lupe is stuck playing 1,000-2,000 seat venues (which he is selling out) vs. the 22,000 'Ye is sellingout...

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

laugh.gif
Nah but what I'm saying is Nissan can hold 22,000 (around that I think...). Lupe may not have been able to sell it out, but I guarantee dude would have had more in attendance than the 500 or so odd people that were there at 6:45 when I got there. And I'm gonna post that video I took of the first five minutes of the show tomorrow if any of y'all want to see it. It's not the best quality but after hearing the sound on that CTMN video, mine sounds like Dolby Digital
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
but yeah i see what you are saying lupe may headline arena/amphitheatre shows in the future but right now Lupe is stuck playing 1,000-2,000 seat venues (which he is selling out) vs. the 22,000 'Ye is selling out...

Yeah, Lu is performing by himself the next day at SOBs (in NYC), I'll be going to that as well.

Before I get flamed by Kanye riders, please know that he is one of my favorite artists. Not hip hop artists, but artists in general.

I went to the show in San Jose. It was pretty good. But I have 3 major complaints about the show that I personall believe ruined the show for me.

1- No Encore. Absolutely inexcusable for any artist, especially one on Ye's level, not to come out and do an encore. Kanye ran off the stage, the crowd wasstill hyped as hell, and then the lights just turned back on. I could not believe he didnt do an encore. Just ridiculous in my opinion.

2- Kanye put on a great show, but there was absolutely no crowd involvement. He never spoke to the crowd and he never even acknowledged that there was even acrowd. As good of a performance as it was, it could have been a dress rehearsal for all I know. I saw Jay two nights after, and it just showed me how muchKanye still has to learn to be a great performer. He just came out and did his set and thats it. The arena could have been empty and the performance wouldnthave changed. I might be nitpicking slightly, but I just feel that there are thousands of his fans there, and the least he could have done was acknowledgedthem.

3- Even though the encore thing was a huge deal in my eyes, the biggest problem was the lack of collaboration. Again, I dont know if it was the same thing atevery tour stop, but this was completely inexcusable too. To me, it gave the impression that Kanye was waaaay too big to share his set, which of course isBulls***. Why didnt Lupe come out to do touch the sky? Why didnt Pharrell go out to do Number one? Why didnt both of them come out to do Us Placers? THEY WENTON TOUR TOGETHER!!! Do you think if Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg went on tour together they wouldnt do songs together? If Eminem and 50 Cent went on tour togetherwouldnt they do songs together? It makes ZERO sense to me. I used to actually like Kanyes swagger and arrogance, but to me, this crossed the line. It felt likehe thought he was too big to share the stage.

Anyways sorry for the rant, but its been something I wanted to talk to you guys about for a long time. So does he never do encores? Did he not collaborate withLupe and Pharrell on other stops? Because as good of a performance as it was, I feel like these things kind of ruined what would have been an A+ performance.

He did an Encore in Rhode Island.......But then again, that was when 'College Dropout' dropped and he performed in a University Gym. Times were a bitdifferent back then
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Before I get flamed by Kanye riders, please know that he is one of my favorite artists. Not hip hop artists, but artists in general.

I went to the show in San Jose. It was pretty good. But I have 3 major complaints about the show that I personall believe ruined the show for me.

1- No Encore. Absolutely inexcusable for any artist, especially one on Ye's level, not to come out and do an encore. Kanye ran off the stage, the crowd was still hyped as hell, and then the lights just turned back on. I could not believe he didnt do an encore. Just ridiculous in my opinion.

2- Kanye put on a great show, but there was absolutely no crowd involvement. He never spoke to the crowd and he never even acknowledged that there was even a crowd. As good of a performance as it was, it could have been a dress rehearsal for all I know. I saw Jay two nights after, and it just showed me how much Kanye still has to learn to be a great performer. He just came out and did his set and thats it. The arena could have been empty and the performance wouldnt have changed. I might be nitpicking slightly, but I just feel that there are thousands of his fans there, and the least he could have done was acknowledged them.

3- Even though the encore thing was a huge deal in my eyes, the biggest problem was the lack of collaboration. Again, I dont know if it was the same thing at every tour stop, but this was completely inexcusable too. To me, it gave the impression that Kanye was waaaay too big to share his set, which of course is Bulls***. Why didnt Lupe come out to do touch the sky? Why didnt Pharrell go out to do Number one? Why didnt both of them come out to do Us Placers? THEY WENT ON TOUR TOGETHER!!! Do you think if Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg went on tour together they wouldnt do songs together? If Eminem and 50 Cent went on tour together wouldnt they do songs together? It makes ZERO sense to me. I used to actually like Kanyes swagger and arrogance, but to me, this crossed the line. It felt like he thought he was too big to share the stage.

Anyways sorry for the rant, but its been something I wanted to talk to you guys about for a long time. So does he never do encores? Did he not collaborate with Lupe and Pharrell on other stops? Because as good of a performance as it was, I feel like these things kind of ruined what would have been an A+ performance.

Co-sign on almost everything you wrote. I love 'Ye to death...but no encore???

If I could speak to dude in person....I would be like "All the great ones do encores....remember that...'

A show of that magnitude requires an encore. No if ands or buts about it. So I feel you dude.
pimp.gif

As for the crowd involvement, I know what you're saying, but it wasn't critical to the enjoyment. I got lost in the experience so maybe that's whyI wasn't so aware of it.

And woooord about the collabo's. Kanye doesn't need to prove to the world he can hold it down by himself. I'm pretty sure it's quite obviousnow. Dudes been fiending for CRS now. You got dudes on this tour who you've made hits with; get them out there and perform with them. But idk, maybe inKanye's mind, it's a strict set he wants to go by. Perhaps execution? Ah who knows.

Show was still
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
beyond belief. But good post dland.

I haven't seen the show yet BUT even with those points mentioned above no way Jay > Kanye in a Concert. The Encore part I'm shocked about since hispast 3 major tours he's always had one I guess it just depends on the city. As for guests he should use his G.O.O.D. Music artists that have been followinghim all through the tour along with Lupe and Pharrell, but then again I'm not shocked because it seems as though 'Ye is making an effort to show allyou need is him by himself that's it (no hypeman, no guests).

From reading the feedback from his shows I know what will probably irk me is if he doesn't do as much of the underground %%$@ from Pre College Dropout toLR.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I haven't seen the show yet BUT even with those points mentioned above no way Jay > Kanye in a Concert. The Encore part I'm shocked about since his past 3 major tours he's always had one I guess it just depends on the city. As for guests he should use his G.O.O.D. Music artists that have been following him all through the tour along with Lupe and Pharrell, but then again I'm not shocked because it seems as though 'Ye is making an effort to show all you need is him by himself that's it (no hypeman, no guests).

From reading the feedback from his shows I know what will probably irk me is if he doesn't do as much of the underground %%$@ from Pre College Dropout to LR.

Yo Tdot, when you seeing the show anyways??

homecoming and the songs afterward were considered an encore, sir.

he spoke to the crowd a bit at the end of the show and during some of the songs name dropped some cities.

he fixed the guest perfomers with doing the song with lupe. #1 aint even his song, you think hes gonna let someone else have the stage during his set? hell nah

in my eyes as well as many others who were working at the show, this is the best put together show we've seen in a long long long time

i just got back from the virginia beach show... it was crazy. kanye went through almost his whole catalog. i was in the covered section (103) and we were stillgetting rained on
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom