[| -- Official 2008 "Glow In The Dark" Tour: KanYe, Lupe, N.E.R.D. & Rihanna Post -- |]

Originally Posted by its Labrev

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by ArmenExchange

ah man cant wait for this event tomorow... san daygo.
pj and bompton, plannin on blazin preshow?
should be sick and hopefully they'll bust out some collabs since it is a kinda special day. lol

stoked to check out the lupe sweater since i heard only kanye n rihanna had gear for sale.

I wish but i'm getting a new job and the drug test is in the next couple days
grin.gif

But It's Labrev...how much were the Lupe hoodies i'm for sure coppin one if they are under $50...

They're 50.

!$#$. 50 is pushin it for a damn hoodie...

Did Kanye do a set of hits/tracks he produced? I always loved it when he did that in past concerts.

Kanye killleeeeeeeed it tonight.....ears are still ringing...
pimp.gif

sec 128 row 5.....

Originally Posted by Mag1c12783

SAC HEADS AND SJ heads...what was the outcome with bringing cameras in? SJ heads, are you guys gonna try and sneak yours in?
my lil brother put it in his shoe
laugh.gif
somehow it fit (blazers too)

section 112 row 23. Show was crackin from beginning til end.
pimp.gif

People were blazing like it was nothing
laugh.gif

damn that show was crazy insane.

me and a boy went to meet lupe at rasputin on bascom and got my ticket stub signed from january's the cool show and i bought a copy of f&l at thestore. my boy was rockin' his 'f'ing good nerd' shirt. lupe went wild and wanted to keep the shirt. he was askin' how much my boy wanted itfor and i was yellin' out to give it to him for free. but he agreed to let us kick it before the show. the whole time they were stressing the fact thatnobody could take personal pictures with lupe and that you could only take pictures OF him -- but good looking out on an official photographer there who tooktwo pics of us with lupe so that'll be posted soon.

which to keep a long story short, didn't exactly end up happening. however, after playing phone tag for four hours during the show with his security guard,but we did end up meeting up with lupe minutes prior to kanye taking stage. got to kick it with him at the sound stage for 'good morning' before we hadto leave. security guard said something about hooking us up for the june 6th show so only time can tell.

all in all, amazing show. lupe was fantastic, of course. i gotta admit that i was DIGGING the 'genesis' intro by justice. n.e.r.d was dope as %**#,definitely got the crowd hyped. lupe was actually standing at the side of the stage wearing my boy's shirt if anybody caught that. rihanna... moving on.and kanye, of course, killed it. everybody who's going to be seeing the show on later dates, you all are really in for a surprise.

ps that five star vip package was bs. so was the lame $*! backstage tour. we did happen to stumble in on rihanna having lunch though. you could tell she wassurprised/annoyed but it's all good, lol.
pps anybody else at the show/vip bs on here? i was wearing a black giants hat and a fnf series one shirt that read 'fnf army' on it. floor section 2row 10 is where it's at.
edit (2:12 am): met consequence at the side of the stage and got to take a picture with him. sucks he didn't comeon and spit his verse on spaceship.

^ Labrev...

You got floor seats for 70 bucks? word
nerd.gif

Well damn thats whats up. At the Seattle show my tickets were like 60 but we were in the 100s section

hands down the GREATEST CONCERT I HAVE EVER SEEN (San Jose, CA)

Lupe- Im a big lupe fan.. but his performance was the weakest out of all of them. 1 dj, 1 hypeman, Matthew Santos, and nikki jean.
N.E.R.D- CRAZY.. their performance got me all hyped up. Glad they played classics but their new stuff =
sick.gif

Rihanna- Overall pretty good. Kinna boring at first but then played her hits that got the crowd on their feet. She was lookin good minus the lesbian haircut

and for Kanye.. i cant even describe what i saw and heard (well i can but theres so much to tell.. im just lazy ok lol) .. it was the craziest LIVE performancei have witnessed. If he's releasing a dvd of the Glow in the Dark tour, im coppin

As for camera's, THERE WERE A GRIP OF PEOPLE filming the entire kanye performance. A few security guards tried to stop people from filming during the otherperformances but i think they just gave up during Kanye
laugh.gif

I would actually go to this concert for a second time.. Thats how good it is
pimp.gif

Show was absolutely crazy like everyone already said. Rihanna was straight garbage to me, but i'm not a big fan. Lupe was great, N.E.R.D. brought crazyenergy and 'Ye was amazing. Shirts were 40 and i believe the Lupe hoody was 60. I saw tons of people with cameras, so they must have been easy to get in. The crowd went crazy when B. Diddy strolled across the floor section and my boy saw Monte Ellis in the concourse area. Overall it was a great show and itjust made me more excited for Jigga tomorrow!

first off...i felt like i was trapped in some type of horrible WDYWT nightmare...

next- lupe needs some stuff on stage..lights, smoke, something, ANYTHING...dude is getting the straight opening act..the arena was probably 1/4 full when lupestarted his set...they werent even showing his set on the big screens...i kinda felt bad for dude...he'd hold out the mic for people to recite his rhymesand itd be pretty quiet...
laugh.gif

next- NERD was dope...second fav set of the night...really set the energy for the rest of the night...

rihanna was boring to me...not really a fan of her music so that was my bathroom break...i also went to pick up a tee for my mom, and damn the beasts clearedthe place out
laugh.gif
...for those who were asking, they had NERD and LUPE tees on sale tonight also...the lupe tees were black with his "the cool"logo..and the NERD tee was yellow and said BRAIN IS FOR LOVERS and had the brain logo on it...

and kanye- damn. theres not much to add that hasnt already been said...his set was epic

got hov tomorrow night, cant wait
pimp.gif

SHOW WAS NUTS! My cousin hooked us up and got to sit in the handicap section on the floor so we had hella room to move around and dance without being allclaustrophobic.

Lupe was cool. Not many people knew his songs it seemed like except for Superstar and Go, Go, Gadget. It was pretty damn empty when he performed also. Stillcool.

NERD was @*#@%%$ sick!!!! They played Brain, Lapdance, Rockstar, Everbody Nose and a few from their upcoming cd. Their performance was sweeeeet.

Rihanna was cool. Not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Her performance was far from horrible and was actually quite entertaining imo.

Kanye was just pretty sweet. Looks wise and the whole atmospheric vibe that was going made this better than Touch the Sky tour. Touch the sky was sweet justbecause of the amount of songs he played. He played nearly everything on the Touch the Sky tour from his first two albums. Glow tour was damns weet tho. I wasa lil upset that drunk n hot girls only had the intro played. I hella wanted to hear that. It was nuts tho. Everyone was amped. I hadn't had that much funat a concert in forever and it was sweet just to let loose. That little booklet is sweet also. Was reading it throughout the intermissions. It's a sweetlittle book.

GO TO THE SHOW!!!

San Diego today!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

hopefully this 4 star VIP thing gets me pretty damn close to the stage.

i think everythin has been said that needs to. if you can go see this...GO. its more like a theatrical performance from kanye. it had some jokes in ittoo...like when hes talkin to the spaceship before he cut into gold digger. haha. had me rollin. but if id change anything...id put lupe later in the show. ifelt like they didnt let him shine any cuz only bout a 1/4 of the people had filled in...everyone was still buyin their shirts and gettin in. He did tracksthat most people should know if they listen to the radio..espcially when he did Daydreamin'. he brought crazy energy on that one. He woulda got theaudience goin if more people was there. and i wanna know where those red Lupe sweaters wit the skull on the back and kanji on the front. i need one in my life.

Originally Posted by anonomousdrift

i think everythin has been said that needs to. if you can go see this...GO. its more like a theatrical performance from kanye. it had some jokes in it too...like when hes talkin to the spaceship before he cut into gold digger. haha. had me rollin. but if id change anything...id put lupe later in the show. i felt like they didnt let him shine any cuz only bout a 1/4 of the people had filled in...everyone was still buyin their shirts and gettin in. He did tracks that most people should know if they listen to the radio..espcially when he did Daydreamin'. he brought crazy energy on that one. He woulda got the audience goin if more people was there. and i wanna know where those red Lupe sweaters wit the skull on the back and kanji on the front. i need one in my life.

I've never been to a concert of this magnitude. Doors open at 6. You think if I go to line up around 4:30, I should be good for a good view?

You're saying even at 7 when Lupe was opening, people were filling in; so you think me and my boys should be set for a good spot?

Went to the SJ show, definitely worth the price of admission, top3 concert I've ever been to. I need to see Lupe at a small venue, seems like he'd killit with the energy if the crowd was giving it to him.

Baron MVP chants were coo too, don't get to hear that for another 7 or so months

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

i think everythin has been said that needs to. if you can go see this...GO. its more like a theatrical performance from kanye. it had some jokes in it too...like when hes talkin to the spaceship before he cut into gold digger. haha. had me rollin. but if id change anything...id put lupe later in the show. i felt like they didnt let him shine any cuz only bout a 1/4 of the people had filled in...everyone was still buyin their shirts and gettin in. He did tracks that most people should know if they listen to the radio..espcially when he did Daydreamin'. he brought crazy energy on that one. He woulda got the audience goin if more people was there. and i wanna know where those red Lupe sweaters wit the skull on the back and kanji on the front. i need one in my life.

I've never been to a concert of this magnitude. Doors open at 6. You think if I go to line up around 4:30, I should be good for a good view?

You're saying even at 7 when Lupe was opening, people were filling in; so you think me and my boys should be set for a good spot?
i had seats in the lower level and got there at like 6:40 and made it to my seats by 7. it depends though..are your seats on the floor? because if theyare...id go early because i think they give out the floor seats based on first come first serve. im not too sure about that though.

sj show was
pimp.gif

lupe shoulda played later in the show...regardless he put up a good show but too bad not a lot of people were there cause it was mad early when lupe went on

N*E*R*D was
pimp.gif
enjoyed the songs they played...i'm actually listenin tothem right now
laugh.gif

Rihanna was hotttt as usual but i felt she shoulda been the first or second act and lupe shoulda been here. regardless she was surprisingly entertaining.

Kanye was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
best one! woulda been coo just seeing his performance...really liked how he tiedall his songs into a story. got the chills when he palyed hey mama. was sooo HYPED when he played spaceship
pimp.gif

overall great show! also saw baron davis!
pimp.gif

ohh and the shirts were 40. i bought the white kanye shirt with the bear at the bottom. it was either that or the black kanye bear shirt or the NERD shirt.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

i had seats in the lower level and got there at like 6:40 and made it to my seats by 7. it depends though..are your seats on the floor? because if they are...id go early because i think they give out the floor seats based on first come first serve. im not too sure about that though.

first off, thanks for the feedback. appreciate it.

yeah, i got the 4 star VIP tickets. they're for the floor. the doors open for the GA at 6. but i guess those with the VIP tickets, the doors open for usat 5:50.

So right now I'm just debating if I should still go early seeing that we get 'priority access'

The show would have been a 10/10 but Kanye did no encore......seriously? Who doesnt do an Encore? Plus the fact that Lupe didnt come out for Touch the Sky andthere wasnt even a thought of doing US PLACERS? WHY NOT????

Overall though, the best stadium hip hop show to come to the bay since Hard Knock Life tour or Up In Smoke.

Off to San Diego. will post pics/vids tomorrow when I get back. [assuming I can sneak a camera in. time for the crotch hide. lol]

Back
Top Bottom