OFFICIAL 2008 NBA Draft Lottery 5/20

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I see another 'fix' by Stern, the Knicks will get one of the top 2 picks

yep, gotta agree with that one. as much i hate to see it, i do see it happening.

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

9. Chicago Bulls (17)

3323zbq.gif

man forget the bulls its all about the BUCKS nukka

The lottery is drawn at 4:00pm EST...so its happening right now. They don't reveal the winners till 7:30.

i dont understand why teams are rewarded for sucking. if anything shouldnt the 14 lottery teams all have an equal chance at the #1 pick?

or the crappiest 6 teams, all a 12% chance, while the others have even a lower chance?

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I see another 'fix' by Stern, the Knicks will get one of the top 2 picks

Not going to happen. Knicks are getting the 4-5th pick.

I agree, my gut feeling tells me that he will hook up the Sonics again
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

The lottery is drawn at 4:00pm EST...so its happening right now. They don't reveal the winners till 7:30.

I sense something magical happening for the Warriors right now..
laugh.gif
roll.gif

i dont understand why teams are rewarded for sucking. if anything shouldnt the 14 lottery teams all have an equal chance at the #1 pick?
i agree, but it still works out fine IMO cuz the teams that need the high pick the most still have the greatest shot. if all had equal shotsi'd like it a lot but some teams would really hate that.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by dyyhard

The NBA continues to conduct the lottery behind closed doors, about 90 minutes before the broadcast but in the presence of representatives for every lottery team
so them dudes in the room(same rep on TV???) already know before they are on camera.
Different representatives than the one in the studio sweating it out, I think.

I'm pretty sure the draft that is being drawn right now isn't conducted in front of anyone but Stern.
If that were the case why not air it on tv to silence the critics that thinks its rigged?

They can put cameras in the locker rooms but they can't broadcast the actual lottery ball process?
smh.gif

top 10 moments in draft lottery history
http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/history/draft/top10_draftlottery.asx

Come on baby give us a little...

86d25edee3a5dc461005b246d59cb79f193ce86.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

so excited and nurvous i cant even describe it. our whole future is determinedin a matter of seconds i dont know how i will del with this come 8 pm

The lottery is conducted in front of a bunch of people. Last year I listened to an interview on KJR with a guy who was in the room and he said the security islike Fort Knox. No electronic devices are allowed, and everyone in there must stay in the room until the announcements are made. There is no way they can rigthe lottery, either, considering how many people are in the room and the process in which it's done.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

The lottery is conducted in front of a bunch of people. Last year I listened to an interview on KJR with a guy who was in the room and he said the security is like Fort Knox. No electronic devices are allowed, and everyone in there must stay in the room until the announcements are made. There is no way they can rig the lottery, either, considering how many people are in the room and the process in which it's done.

yeah i was just explaing that in the Knicks thread. With the way the lotto works now by combinations and @+@$ it is almost impossible to rig. The onlypossible way would be to have the lotto machine release 3 ping pong balls with the Knicks combo on it ppurposely which is very unlikely. it is not like back inthe day with Ewing when they had only 7 teams with an equal chance and they picked the envolope randomly. Nowthere is weighted percentage chanses, there arepeople in the room, and the pick is not from an envelope it is from numbers on ping pong balls which every team sees come out, and is in the lottery machinwefor EXACTLY 20 seconds.

The lottery is supposed to be on ESPN 8:00 ET.

Durant + Green + Rose or Durant + Green + Beasley =
eek.gif

I'm praying

I would
roll.gif
if the Heat got the 4th pick like how the Grizzlies got lastyear. I'm thinking its going to be:

1. Knicks
2. Grizzlies
3. Heat

why do i also have a feeling that the griz are gonna be in hte top 3? Oh please, let the Warriors in the top 3! No one got shafted more than the warriors(playoffs wise)...

If the Sonics were actually leaving Seattle for good, I'd love it if they got the 5th pick. That'd be hilarious. However, I'm fine with 1st or 2nd.

how is it that a team like the Warriors only have .05% chance at winning the no.1????? do they have like only 1 ball w/their name on it or something and otherteams lie the worst has like 6 balls w/their name?

Back
Top Bottom