OFFICIAL 2009/2010 La Liga Season Thread

^ that Real Madrid vs Sevilla match shouldn't have ended the way it did...what a comeback by the Galacticos
eek.gif

and Barca didn't win against Almeria...the La Liga race is starting to heat up now...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

^ that Real Madrid vs Sevilla match shouldn't have ended the way it did...what a comeback by the Galacticos
eek.gif

and Barca didn't win against Almeria...the La Liga race is starting to heat up now...
pimp.gif

I'm not going to sound like a salty fan here but Barca was played by that horrible call that sent off Ibra. Dude flopped and his own team knew it, they were seen laughing with other Barca players after the replay was shown. Not taking anything from the other game, that was a great win for Real, they have the personnel to make a run at the title, but I think the UCL is what they really care about. To be honest the league title is nothing to Real.

Yeah, I think that winning the UCL in their own stadium is more of a priority to Real this season than winning La Liga.

Anyways, they are more than capable of winning both.

Still plenty of time to go. Barca visit Real on Sunday April 11.

How is this a red card?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

How is this a red card?
roll.gif
Players and Refs in La Liga hate on Ibra. His physical approach playing striker frustrates the players and refs. It's clear that they had it out for him the whole game. Every time he made a semi physical move, he got called for a foul. The foul that set up the first free kick (well taken by Leo) was iffy but the dude clearly was in Ibras way when he jumped to make a play on the ball, you can't do that kind of box out when a ball is in the air in soccer.

Tevez, are you saying it was a red card, or are you saying it wasn't. Can't tell which way you are trying to go with the question.
laugh.gif
It wasn't a red card.

I'm laughing because that was such a stupid call. I wouldn't have even awarded a yellow card. Maybe a free kick for Almeria though.

Anyways, Ibrahimovic is a bum. I dont care if Barca repeat as La Liga and UCL champions...they shouldn't have traded a 30-goal scorer + 40 million Euros for Ibrahimovic. I think that Barca got nervous after seeing all the players Real were bringing in.

laugh.gif
What an idiot. Of course it was a red card, he blatantly kicked a player. How you gonna kick a player and get a yellow? This ain't the Prem. That was just idiotic by Ibra and they'll be better off without him for next week's match.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

laugh.gif
What an idiot. Of course it was a red card, he blatantly kicked a player. How you gonna kick a player and get a yellow? This ain't the Prem. That was just idiotic by Ibra and they'll be better off without him for next week's match.
So playing soccer you never pushed off someone to get position? I do that all the time, I sort of collide with player and sort of bounce off them and make a run. He didn't kick the player either, his thigh just brushed past him.

Anyways Barca made a mistake selling Eto'o. Ibrahimovic isn't bad, Eto'o is just better.

Too bad Chygrynksky hasn't been the player Barca hoped...they now have to rely on Marquez, who upon entering, gets scored on one more time. Hudson nailed it when he said, "he should have slid for the tackle but he was scared of getting a another red"
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

I'm still not worried about Ibra. The goals will come in time, and at least he's out there being involved. Eto'o went through his major slumps as well last year.

just watched the recording...
pimp.gif
sick.gif

I wish Barca would sell Ibra and use that money to buy Villa... we can only dream.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Well, I guess that's another player of the year for Messi.
Not so fast...best player on the WC winning team will get it.

Lionel Messi = a gift to all football fans. The most explosive player since Ronaldo's Barca/Inter days. He has the ability to be considered the greatest of all time. Yes, he's that good.

another hattrick for the man-child?
eek.gif

with the form he's in right now,i can't wait to see Arsenal get murked at the Nou Camp...
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

another hattrick for the man-child?
eek.gif

with the form he's in right now,i can't wait to see Arsenal get murked at the Nou Camp...
devil.gif
Kind of like how Man Utd. got murked in Rome last May?

sp-soccer28_ph1_0500197944.jpg

Truth be told, Messi didn't play well in last year's semis or final. No one talked about it since they won, I guess.  

He was on an island on that header, and Xavi sent in a ball that I could've bicycle kicked in.

Can we just say Messi is the best club player? Can I give you "all-time" even?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Kind of like how Man Utd. got murked in Rome last May?  
nope.worse.

a 2-0 scoreline is fairly respectable for a team that had outplayed us for the whole game...
tongue.gif

Barca @ Mallorca in about 5 minutes. Henry, Xavi and Messi are on the bench.

Jeffren, Pedro and Ibracrapovic up front.

Guys, the other day i saw a sick move by C. Ronaldo on Sportscenter's top plays. I forget who Man. was playing, but in any event, I'd like to find the video of that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom