Official 2009 ALCS Thread LAA Angels ( 2 ) vs NY Yankees ( 4 ) YANKEES WIN !!!

I thought Adam Sandler was a Boston Celtic/Boston Bruin fan?

When I was an intern with the Clips, I saw him and Paul Blart walk into a Clippers/Celtics game at Staples and they both had Celtic gear on.

laugh.gif
Paul Blart

Yeah, they were talking about that on WFAN. Some Mets fans are definitely preparing to root for the Phillies.
laugh.gif

I don't get it. I'd root for the Mets no matter who they're playing...unless it's the Yankees, of course.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

The hate is strong. I know Met fans ready to root for the Phillies if we advance.

what the devil??
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif

My friends who are Met fans are rooting for the Yankees to annihilate the Phillies in the WS.

Originally Posted by onewearz

if the mets were playing the red sox in the WS, i'd root for spring training ..........
thank you...i dont understand the people who can root for rivals or neighbors
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I'm actually rooting for the Dodgers to beat the phillies just soI get that nostalgic feel of Joe Torre and the yankees in the world series
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Why not. What good is it to root against a hometown team?

I'm a Yankee fan, but I want to see all New York teams succeed.
i mean the whole, "i want my city to succeed" thing makes sense...i just equate it more to college sports...where like if you go tomichigan, you're not gonna root for michigan state once your team is out. i know it's different, but that's still how i see it. i think two teamcities have an inherent rivalry like that, even tho they dont play as much.

Back
Top Bottom