OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

DeadsetAce

Supporter
let's give this a shot. we don't have enough of us on here to make this thing huge, but i'll try my best to pull an allen and keep it going like hedid with the gtown thread
laugh.gif

2009 starting rotation (definitely subject to change come may/june):
josh beckett (rhp)
jon lester (lhp)
daisuke matsuzaka (rhp)
tim wakefield (rhp)
brad penny (rhp)

smoltz will throw sometime in may/june...so look for him to enter the rotation this summer at some point. also, look for buchholz to make some appearance ifthe injury bug hits.

Bullpen:
jonathan papelbon
justin masterson
hideki okajima
takashi saito
manny delcarmen
ramon ramirez
daniel bard

2009 projected lineup (definitely will be toyed with):
1. jacoby ellsbury (cf)
2. dustin "i now have my own salsa" pedroia (2b)
3. david "try my mango salsa" ortiz (dh)
4. kevin youkilis (3b)
5. jd drew (rf)
6. jason bay (lf)
7. mike lowell (3b)
8. jed lowrie (ss)
9. jason varitek (c)

Bench:
george kottaras (c)
nick greene (ss/2b)
rocco baldelli (of)
chris carter (of)
mark kotsay (of/1b)
jeff bailey (1b)

look for baldelli and lugo to be in and out of this lineup throughout the year.

we were 1 game from the WS last year...added some depth to our pitching in the offseason, and hopefully can stay healthy offensively. let's get it:

n29501290_31683211_8382158.jpg

Chris Carter - OF?

IE- from Stanford and I think the Diamondbacks?

If so, I grew up with him...no room at 1b for him?

thoughts from the opener:

- beckett: dude was dealing and looking intense as ever. welcome back. he was hitting 95/96 on the gun in the 6th inning...great sign. one sloppy inning in the3rd, but other than that, solid. 10k's.
- pedroia/youkilis/lowell: business as usual
- drew and bay: good to see them come thru
- varitek: thanks for wasting your one homer for the month in a non-clutch situation
- okajima: ehhhh
- papelbon:
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Chris Carter - OF?

IE- from Stanford and I think the Diamondbacks?

If so, I grew up with him...no room at 1b for him?
he could get in at 1st if we have big injury issues. mark kotsay would most likely play 1st base before him if healthy. he's currently on theDL. and there's a dude van every, also on the DL who is most likely the 5th/6th OF.

and yeah...he's the dude from stanford.

we don't have enough of us on here to make this thing huge, but i'll try my best to pull an allen and keep it going like he did with the gtown thread
laugh.gif
I'm sure the bandwagon fans will be in hereeventually. And hell I'll be in here too.

I have no stoneface grand enough to post to this one.

BTW where's Craig Hansen? Minors?

Shocking, Kotsay on the DL? Seems consistent with his tenure as an A.

He's a good dude. When we had religious education together, a stupid ice breaker would be introduce yourself and what you want to be (mind you, we werealready in hs)...he was like "Chris Carter, Pro Baseball". They were like, shouldn't you have a back up plan? Clearly not.

I'll see him around the way some times, I played my last season of baseball with his little brother.

Originally Posted by Proshares

we don't have enough of us on here to make this thing huge, but i'll try my best to pull an allen and keep it going like he did with the gtown thread
laugh.gif
I'm sure the bandwagon fans will be in here eventually. And hell I'll be in here too.

I have no stoneface grand enough to post to this one.

BTW where's Craig Hansen? Minors?
laugh.gif
@ the stoneface...and you guys are welcome here since i crash your threads constantly
laugh.gif

he went to pittsburg as part of the bay deal last season...good riddance, he didn't pan out for us

LAZYJ...that's pretty funny about carter. we'll see if needs that backup plan
laugh.gif

stat of the day for today's game:

"Dustin Pedroia, who homered in his first at-bat of 2009, could be in for another big game, as he's 14-for-25 (.560) with four extra-base hits andfour walks lifetime against Scott Kazmir."

If the rumors of what his pops used to make him do for training are true, well, his knees are probably closer reminiscent of a 40 year old than a mid twenty yrold.

he went to pittsburg as part of the bay deal last season...good riddance, he didn't pan out for us
Damn, the only reason I had any inkling to like the Sox was because of this fellow St. John's kid
laugh.gif

Bad news for Scotty K and for my fantasy team
eyes.gif

^ yeah i really liked hansen...but i don't know why he never got it together. he was actually supposed to be the closer while papelbon started...but iguess it just didnt work out. hopefully he gets a chance to get it together in pitt.

REEEAAAALLLLLY slow day at work, so:

pics from the home opener yesterday:

7cf1c91a-dedf-4161-ae14-7fe75280f55d.jpg

fd2b1892-f18f-44be-a485-a59c72405fae.jpg

405e04b8-d021-4361-a0c8-8eba2079cf52.jpg

8386b79a-e860-4860-bc05-acb92ef27364.jpg

cba872eb-66be-47d9-93e9-868658ff2e06.jpg

3ee76bf0-0708-4809-a8ce-23464d15e999.jpg

Ill be in here throughout the season wit you deadset. But like you said there arent enough of us on here that are here for the long haul. Im sure many morewill hop on the wagon towards the end of the season when the playoff push starts up.

To stay on Topic tho. Beckett was workin the Rays yesterday. Ortiz was looking more confident in the box, hopefully the wrist is fully healed and we dont haveto worry about that this season. Varitek I just hope that is a sign of things to come like maybe hes been working on his hitting in the offseason, because ifhe doesnt step it up I would see us resigning him again next season.

The only negative yesterday is that Okajima wasnt great. We need a good 7th-8th inning guy to make games shorter getting to Pap. Maybe Ramon Ramirez could stepup for that or Masterson could solidify his role in the bullpen.

The other thing is didnt we get Smoltz I didnt see him on you list did we release him and I just missed it?

word AI...i know you and a few others will be up in here all year long
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

The only negative yesterday is that Okajima wasnt great. We need a good 7th-8th inning guy to make games shorter getting to Pap. Maybe Ramon Ramirez could step up for that or Masterson could solidify his role in the bullpen.

The other thing is didnt we get Smoltz I didnt see him on you list did we release him and I just missed it?
agreed on okajima. i think saito will take up that roll, hopefully.

and yeah we got smoltzie...he's not due to pitch until late may/june though...so i left him off for now. my guess is once he's back...wakefield movesout of the rotation for him, unless penny absolutely bombs.

the other guy is buchholz...he could see some time with spot starts if the injury bug hits us.

O ok. Yea our bullpen is pretty strong. We should be able to find atleast 2 guys who can consistantly get it done in the late innings for us.

And yea I agree Wakefield should be taken out of the rotation. I Cringe everytime I see him scheduled to pitch. He has a good game once every 3 games and theother 2 he just gets shelled so bad.

decent 1st for lester...let's get on kazmir quick...don't let him settle into a groove

baldelli getting the nod over drew today...pedroia needs to introduce him to headblade
laugh.gif

kazmir's changeup is killer tonight

Back
Top Bottom