Official: *2009 Fantasy Football Thread*

In my opinion Favre signing did have an effect Fantasy wise

Turner was my choice for #1 overall pick till yesterday. Yes I liked him more than AP. His offense is better and D's would also have to focus onWhite,Gonzo, and Ryan.

With Favre AP goes up because you know D's will have to respect the passing game with Favre out there. Berrrian's value goes up as well. T-Jax andSage are really suspect (not saying Favre isn't) Favre is an improvement.

One thing I don't like about AP is Chester Taylor. He is a decent back and the Vikings give him carries. I think he scored 7 times last year.

It'sjust like last year how Thomas Jones got a boost because Favre went to NY.

Taylor is a most likely going to be a goal line back. Anything from the 5 yd line and in, I'm sure you'll see the bulk of those carries going toChester. Something to think about in fantasy.

Nah man, I think Adrian is getting more goal-line carries this year, Chester isn't worth a pick unless you're just burying him in your roster in caseyou selected AP in the first round and you think he could get hurt.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Taylor is a most likely going to be a goal line back. Anything from the 5 yd line and in, I'm sure you'll see the bulk of those carries going to Chester. Something to think about in fantasy.
Nah I doubt that he gets the goaline carries

But he will take a couple of scores from AP He always does

Favre...Orton won't be starting long, if at all.
nerd.gif

Funny... I been thinking the same thing.

10 person league I'm doing with my friends. $40 buy in. $280 to winner $120 to 2nd place. Yahoo standard scoring except 5 points for QB TD's and .5PPR and WR/RB flex position. I plan on dropping Schillenz for Avery seeing as how Schillenz just broke his foot. MY RBs seem weak I know, but I believe inReggie Bush a lot more in PPR league as hes almost guarnteed an additonal 40 points with 80 receptions. I also have high upside picks in McFadden, Mendenhall,Holt, and Palmer for relatively low prices. Donald Brown was also just a value pick I took near the end of the draft.

[table][tr][th=""]Round[/th] [th=""]Pick[/th] [th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]Position[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1.[/td] [td](10)[/td] [td]Tom Brady[/td] [td]QB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td](11)[/td] [td]Larry Fitzgerald[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td](30)[/td] [td]Ronnie Brown[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td](31)[/td] [td]Jason Witten[/td] [td]TE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td](50)[/td] [td]T.J. Houshmandzadeh[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td](51)[/td] [td]Reggie Bush[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td](70)[/td] [td]Eddie Royal[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td](71)[/td] [td]Darren McFadden[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td](90)[/td] [td]Torry Holt[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td](91)[/td] [td]Carson Palmer[/td] [td]QB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11.[/td] [td](110)[/td] [td]Cedric Benson[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12.[/td] [td](111)[/td] [td]Rashard Mendenhall[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13.[/td] [td](130)[/td] [td]Chaz Schilens[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14.[/td] [td](131)[/td] [td]Josh Morgan[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15.[/td] [td](150)[/td] [td]Donald Brown[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16.[/td] [td](151)[/td] [td]San Diego[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17.[/td] [td](170)[/td] [td]Nick Folk[/td] [td]K[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by rcdp

10 person league I'm doing with my friends. $40 buy in. $280 to winner $120 to 2nd place. Yahoo standard scoring except 5 points for QB TD's and .5 PPR and WR/RB flex position. I plan on dropping Schillenz for Avery seeing as how Schillenz just broke his foot. MY RBs seem weak I know, but I believe in Reggie Bush a lot more in PPR league as hes almost guarnteed an additonal 40 points with 80 receptions. I also have high upside picks in McFadden, Mendenhall, Holt, and Palmer for relatively low prices. Donald Brown was also just a value pick I took near the end of the draft.

[table][tr][th=""]Round[/th] [th=""]Pick[/th] [th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]Position[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1.[/td] [td](10)[/td] [td]Tom Brady[/td] [td]QB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td](11)[/td] [td]Larry Fitzgerald[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td](30)[/td] [td]Ronnie Brown[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td](31)[/td] [td]Jason Witten[/td] [td]TE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td](50)[/td] [td]T.J. Houshmandzadeh[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td](51)[/td] [td]Reggie Bush[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td](70)[/td] [td]Eddie Royal[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td](71)[/td] [td]Darren McFadden[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td](90)[/td] [td]Torry Holt[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td](91)[/td] [td]Carson Palmer[/td] [td]QB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11.[/td] [td](110)[/td] [td]Cedric Benson[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12.[/td] [td](111)[/td] [td]Rashard Mendenhall[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13.[/td] [td](130)[/td] [td]Chaz Schilens[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14.[/td] [td](131)[/td] [td]Josh Morgan[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15.[/td] [td](150)[/td] [td]Donald Brown[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16.[/td] [td](151)[/td] [td]San Diego[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17.[/td] [td](170)[/td] [td]Nick Folk[/td] [td]K[/td] [/tr][/table]
i like it

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

whos a more dependable qb: aaron rodgers or matt shaub?

Schaub has Andre, but Rodgers is the better QB.

I like Rodgers

You can plan on Shaub getting hurt he always does

rodgers is better and has some weapons of his own...i like him. i think he's definitely out perform schaub

Cragmatic wrote:
I plan on starting Cutler... but who would you rather have at a backup
Orton has looked bad in preseason so far but he wasn't that bad last year in Chicago with a weak Receiving core

Favre had a better Receiving core in NY last year I think. Besides that 6 TD performance he really didn't have any good games Fantasy wise.

Orton has more weapons I like him better.

NT'S IDP LEAGUE IS BACK! 12-team full IDP, money league ($20 paypal), PPR. same scoring. everyone from lastseason has been invited back. any questions PM me.

if you are interested in joining let me know and i'll keep your name in mind if we have any drop outs. you must remain active during the whole season.

draft is set for SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 6TH 10:30 EST

I must admit, a 16 man league is fun to draft. Hope everyone stays active GL

^^ yep... gl... long draft and i lost some players but i don't think most players would have been taken or considered in a smaller league.. adds to thefun..

-Get At Me...

Sup NT, I'm an avid football fan but not hardcore like most of yal. I don't have a team so that may be a reason why.

Either way I'm going to join my homies fantasy league. They're all huge football fans and know almost every player in the league (it seems like).I"m joining in hopes it can get me more interested in the sport and need your advice magazines/websites to get information for my draft. If yal can giveme good advice and some basic tips I'd appreciate it.

Gaaaad Damn that 16 team draft took forever.

The Plax and Vick selections had me rollin'.

Good luck to everyone and I hope stays active throughout the season.

just finished my 12 team draft right now (i was picking 11th).

first year doing nfl fantasy
ohwell.gif

[table][tr][th=""]BEAST MODE
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1.[/td] [td](11)[/td] [td]Frank Gore[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td](14)[/td] [td]Tom Brady[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td](35)[/td] [td]Marques Colston[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td](38)[/td] [td]Jason Witten[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td](59)[/td] [td]Lee Evans[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td](62)[/td] [td]Darren McFadden[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td](83)[/td] [td]Percy Harvin[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td](86)[/td] [td]Minnesota[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td](107)[/td] [td]Chad Pennington[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td](110)[/td] [td]Vernon Davis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11.[/td] [td](131)[/td] [td]Derrick Mason[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12.[/td] [td](134)[/td] [td]Julius Jones[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13.[/td] [td](155)[/td] [td]DeMarcus Ware[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14.[/td] [td](158)[/td] [td]Patrick Willis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15.[/td] [td](179)[/td] [td]Barrett Ruud[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16.[/td] [td](182)[/td] [td]Bob Sanders[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17.[/td] [td](203)[/td] [td]Cortland Finnegan[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18.[/td] [td](206)[/td] [td]Mario Williams[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19.[/td] [td](227)[/td] [td]Joe Nedney[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20.[/td] [td](230)[/td] [td]Leon Washington[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21.[/td] [td](251)[/td] [td]Mark Sanchez[/td] [/tr][/table]
I'm not sold on my RB situation.

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

Thoughts On my team? I had the 10th pick in a 12 team league, we are playing for money, winner gets $500, runner up $100
1231u1t.jpg
thoughts?? I thought jackson in the second round was a steal, I hope him and Slaton tear up this year
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom