Official 2009 National League Champs: Philadelphia Phillies beat the Dodgers 4-1 Vol. Broxton = SOFT

Watching the game, I haven't felt that bad for a team I was rooting for since Horry's shot over Webber in the playoffs. Your heart just drops and youare in a state of disbelief. All you can do now is take 1 game at a time.

Stillin729
smh.gif

if the dodgers win game 5 they regain home field advantage. it says on espn that padilla's pitching so that should be good for the dodgers. still i'mnot sure how much games 6 and 7 at home would matter considering that the phillies are more then capable or going back to LA and winning a game.

still as a mets fan i hate the phillies with a passion but those guys play with heart and they won't go away so ill give them that.

it's crazy how every playoff series the phillies have been in since last october has either ended with them winning 3-1 or 4-1

1 out away....

This is killing me......

About to hit the gym.....

mad.gif

I'm a big Broxton supporter, but there is no excuse or stat (Blown save, I know) for blowing NLCS Game 4 two years in a row. TWO FREAKIN' YEARS INA ROW, we were close to tying the series 2-2 and Broxton blows it. The fan in me wants to say that these guys will bounce back, but I have this sinkingfeeling that they will layover in Game 5 like last season.

PS- Sorry Brox, I don't got your back no more,
smh.gif
. There is nothing I can say to defend this dude anymore.

I apologize for the virgin comment, that goes back from just not liking the dude but I stand by my other words

that being said, it's not over until it's over...Red Sox can confirm this one

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Yet they still had a 5-4 lead with one out left to go, there is nothing worth complaining about besides ya closer at this point.

There's a lot to complain about, closer included.

Matt Kemp striking out at the top of the 9th
smh.gif

That weak call to end the top of the 9th with a runner in scoring position and 2 outs. An insurance run would've helped.

1 run lead isn't %*$*, especially against the Phillies at CBP. They took the bat out of Dre's hands, and possibly Manny's with a runner in scoring position against Brad Lidge.
those "unfair" things happen in every sport though

that is why you are supposed to take advantage the few times you can and the dodgers did not

these guys always choke when everything is on the line, especially Blake and Broxton
alien.gif

Originally Posted by brighter than you

smh.gif
eek.gif

all those countless arguments, seems like it finally settled in!

eek.gif
Second time he has conceded an argument about a Dodger player in the past few months. Brox and Martin.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by brighter than you

smh.gif
eek.gif

all those countless arguments, seems like it finally settled in!

eek.gif
Second time he has conceded an argument about a Dodger player in the past few months. Brox and Martin.
wink.gif

That was just a sarcastic comment that got you very excited.

laugh.gif

I haven't been on Dodger Blues for a minute now, and just had to tonight:

That's it. I'm pretty sure I'm done. I've been a Dodger fan for 34 ½ years, but I don't think I can take anymore of this !#$$. Iunderstand that no team out there wins all the time, but there's got to be a team out there that won't skull $!++ me every season. If the Dodgers wantto lose like little , fine, but don't dangle a nice cold In-N-Out chocolate milkshake in front of me and then spill it over the ground as soon as I reachout for it. I don't even know what the $!++ that means-I'm irate. Here's what I do know: Jonathan Broxton had better learn how to throw 150 milesan hour because that's the only way he's going to get a fastball right down the %%#*#@% middle past a major league hitter.

After yesterday's blowout and a Philadelphia two-run first inning on Monday, I had readily accepted a series defeat. I wasn't happy about it, but Icould handle it. Then a terrible thing happened: the Dodgers took a 4-2 lead. Soon, that became a 4-3 lead, and then came three nail-biting innings. WhenJonathan Broxton walked Matt Stairs on four pitches in the ninth, I should have turned the TV off. Or just smashed it with a goddamn crow bar. I'd muchrather have been pulling shards of glass out of my bloody neck than watching what was about to unfold on the field. A hit batter, a bloop out, and then JimmyRollins. Within seconds, the game went from being a nail-biter to me wanting to bite off my finger, feed it to a lion, and then find a way to give myselfmercury poisoning. I want to cry. I want to throw up. I want a goddamn lap dance. I want something to make the pain go away. I want to go camping in the middleof the %%#*#@% desert, ignore Game 5, and then return home to a life without baseball, without Matt Stairs, and without Pinkberry.

Let's face it, the Phillies are a superior team. And the Dodgers completely failed themselves. What were the Dodgers' strengths during the season?Their offense and relief pitching. What failed them in the series? Their offense and relief pitching. Well, and their starting pitching, too, with theexception of Vicente Padilla (who should just be pitching all nine innings of every game). Frankly, I'm not too hot on Joe Torre right now either. Againstthe potent Phillies' lineup, you leave Randy Wolf in the game to bat for himself with runners in scoring position and two outs in the top of the 6th?

Seriously, though, how in the name of Broxton's fastball is it friggin' possible for the Dodgers to lose Game 4 of the NLCS two consecutive years inalmost the same way with almost the same cast of characters with the same series scenario? Well, I'm not falling for this !#$$ again. I'm not a youngboy anymore. This isn't good for my health. It's not good for the health of everyone around me. It's not good for the dude across the street whosewindshield I just smashed with my penis.

Is it really too much to ask to have a good thing happen to the Dodgers occasionally? I mean, the people of L.A. turn out in record numbers to watch the team,the stadium is beautiful, the payroll is pretty plump. Why not the Dodgers?

I don't know the answer to that.... but I'm done. Until Wednesday. And then I'm really done. Until spring. What, am I going to miss Vinny'slast season?

laugh.gif

Good for a chuckle, even though this loss stings.

Like I told a friend, seeing the ball come off JRolls bat and into the gap gave me the same feeling I had when Vince Young waltzed into the end zone for thewinning TD against SC in the Rose Bowl.

depressed, sad, angry, bummed.

watching the updates on my phone, seeing 2 on in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs.. i just never felt secure. i hit refresh, and there it is 5-4..

am i surprised? no.
i NEVER felt comfortable in this series.

yesterday we went up against a Cy Young winner, and the MVP in the SAME GAME. thats when i realized we were no match for this team.

the team forgot they were in the playoffs, or they just ran out of gas.

im heartbroken. i believe it tho. they are just too good.

saw this on my facebook news feed. supposedly they posted this during the bottom of the 9th with 1 out..

10224_719149207143_8219136_41497070_7851392_n.jpg

mlb.com = FAIL
laugh.gif

i was listening on the radio at work with 3 other dodger fans. we could not believe it (actually i could) when scully called the final play. totally ruined myday. WE WERE ONE **+$+$% OUT AWAY!!! i haven't felt this pissed with sports since that lakers at boston blowout in the finals. gonna pray we somehow pullof something wednesday but i don't see us winning 3 in a row honestly but we'll see. i'm too young to give up on any of my teams unlike the guy inthe previous page so i will watch and hope for the best.

I'm just glad the Phils win now I really wish they just end this on Wed so as not to give the Dodgers any hope. Please Cole return to last years form.

Dodgers needed superior starting pitching to win these games and they haven't had it except for 1-2 games. It doesn't matter what the team avg is orhow many hits they had all season, vs a slugging team base hits do nothing vs home runs/doubles/clutch hits.

MLB.com = fail.

Back
Top Bottom