:: Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread ::

pimp.gif
so many trades are gonna go down.

CANNOT WAIT.

I love all the rumors & deals that happen on the days leading up to & on draft night.
pimp.gif

I'm just waiting to see what my Bulls do. It's almost here!

Anyone going to the draft (I skipped to last page)?

i kno to get tickets u have to be online but how does it work when u get there when the draft starts? does the ticket have a specific seat number or is itfirst come first serve?

How do Memphis feel about Minny offering 5 and 18 for 2? Should Memphis accept that deal? They aren't getting 5 and 6, thats for sure.

Memphis would rather have Thabeet than trade back to 5 where none of the players available really helps them much.

What Minny should do is offer 5 and 18 to OKC for 3. Minny lands Rubio, and OKC still lands Harden at 5, with Evans going to Sac at 4.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

How do Memphis feel about Minny offering 5 and 18 for 2? Should Memphis accept that deal? They aren't getting 5 and 6, thats for sure.
Must've seen the Andy Katz report too
laugh.gif
...Don't think that'squite enough. Love + 6 should be fair. Gives the T'Wolves a chance for Rubio at 2 and Thabeet at 5. Grizzlies could then target Evans.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Memphis would rather have Thabeet than trade back to 5 where none of the players available really helps them much.

What Minny should do is offer 5 and 18 to OKC for 3. Minny lands Rubio, and OKC still lands Harden at 5, with Evans going to Sac at 4.
Eh. I see the Grizzlies maybe taking Rubio though.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by raptors29

[h1]List Of Green Room Attendees Released[/h1]

Jun 23, 2009 4:51 PM EST

Griffin_Blake_ncaa.jpg
The NBA has released the list of fifteen players that will be attending Thursday's NBA Draft in New York City.

Stephen Curry (Davidson), Austin Daye (Gonzaga), DeMar DeRozan (USC), Tyreke Evans (Memphis), Jonny Flynn (Syracuse), Blake Griffin (Oklahoma), Tyler Hansbrough (North Carolina), James Harden (Arizona State), Gerald Henderson (Duke), Jordan Hill (Arizona), Jrue Holiday (UCLA), Brandon Jennings (Lottomatica Virtus Roma, Italy), Ricky Rubio (DKV Joventut Badalona, Spain), Hasheem Thabeet (UConn), and Terrence Williams (Louisville) will attend.

Looks like the dudes in the green room won't have to worry about sliding too far. I wouldn't be surprised if Holiday is the last one still sitting there.

your telling me daye and Hansbrough will be drafted before holiday?
roll.gif

I can see it. (Not so much Daye, but Tyler yeah)
Oh, my fault. I didn't even see Austin Daye's name right there.

Hmmm actually, you're right franchise3.

Love + 18 is fine with me personally. I mean if Love was in this draft, he'd go 2-4 himself. I think management will want more though.

I want to find a way to land..

-Rubio and Thabeet
Or
-Rubio and Harden

That would be an A+ draft for me....but I'm struggling to find a way to go about doing one of those...

The more I read and look at things, I doubt Memphis selects Rubio.

I don't see what a team like the Knicks can offer to trade into that spot. Or any other team really. It's just going to cost too much.

Thabeet fills a need, and Mike Conley for better or for worse, can man the point spot

Originally Posted by JPZx

I want to find a way to land..

-Rubio and Thabeet
Or
-Rubio and Harden

That would be an A+ draft for me....but I'm struggling to find a way to go about doing one of those...

Well, glad you're being rational about it.

^ Check the NT Mock Draft thread....I found a way to get both Rubio and Thabeet
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e.gif

The more I read and look at things, I doubt Memphis selects Rubio.

I don't see what a team like the Knicks can offer to trade into that spot. Or any other team really. It's just going to cost too much.

Thabeet fills a need, and Mike Conley for better or for worse, can man the point spot
Outside of his possible shot blocking, Thabeet really doesn't fill a need for the Grizzlies. I have doubts whether he'll be ableto translate his rebounding into the NBA (which is what the Grizzlies need the most). That's why I been posting about a trade involving #2 and Love for thepast week
laugh.gif
. As for Mike Conley, Coach Hollins has a crush on Conley, so I doubtanything happens involving him. If it does, it won't be Hollins' decision. He was terrible/mediocre the first three months of the season, but playedwell once Hollins took over and gave him a vote of confidence and minutes.

Looks like there is an outside shot for the Kings to land Rubio. Lets say Memphis can't trade the pick and settle on Thabeet. Is it a given that OKC wouldtake Harden?

I think since Thabeet is still raw, there's really no rush in just throwing him out there for the sake of being thrown out there, ie, starting himalongside Gasol. He can come off the bench and produce. Be a defensive presence.

It's just I don't think Minny is gonna ship Love out like that. Of course I could be wrong. Getting Love would be a coup for the #2 pick.

Sac could end up with Rubio but Minny has to be working the phone lines still trying to move up with their four first rounders. They're the best bet IMO toland him. I mean, what's 5 + 6 gonna do for Minny if they stand pat? Thabeet, Rubio and Harden is gone if Minny stands pat, and at 5 +6 they're lookingat Evans, Flynn, Holliday, Curry, Jennings? Any combo of the 2 is kinda iffy because they're all projected to be 'PG's' Hill would just add tothe cluttered frontcourt.

I mean, what is it going to take for Craig Smith to get some burn? They never play the dude, even though they resigned him or picked up his option or whatevera year or so back.
laugh.gif

Craig gets between about 20-30 minutes every game of PT....I think that's pretty good for a bench player.

And now that we're getting a new coach who knows what type of minutes he'll get next season? Maybe less, maybe more...depends on whoever we hire.

Well, since Minnesota gutted their backcorurt with the Washington trade, I can see Evans and Curry being drafted (if they stay at 5 and 6). That's a scarycombo if both pan out. Evans slashing to the basket with Jefferson open underneath the rim or Curry open for three
sick.gif

Love + 6 is OD IMO.

Rubio isn't worth all that much.

its very OD, love was a top 5 in a stack draft last year he would go 2 in this one. Kevin love alone should get you Rubio and if they want more give them yourlowest 1st round draft pick

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Love + 6 is OD IMO.

Rubio isn't worth all that much.

its very OD, love was a top 5 in a stack draft last year he would go 2 in this one. Kevin love alone should get you Rubio and if they want more give them your lowest 1st round draft pick

Back
Top Bottom