|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

With a couple of moves already happening, I'll throw this thread up so we don't keep bumping the SCF thread up. Yes, the Pens just won the Cup 5hrsago, but it IS officially the off-season
laugh.gif

Regarding the Pronger trade..........
Dean Lombardi sent me a text message that simply said, "Rumors not true." That's about all I can tell you right now. I will update if I hear anything different.

PhilBalla09 wrote:

Another bizarre twist in goaltending may soon unfold in Philadelphia.

Sources tell TSN former Flyers goaltender Robert Esche is on Philadelphia's radar and may be lured back from the Kontinental Hockey League where he was playing with SKA St.Petersburg.

laugh.gif

if flyers can't trade lupul/carle then i want the flyers to sign Beauchemin, Waive/Trade Jones, resign knuble (cheap) and sign Recchi (1 year 1 million).

interested to see what the bruins do...

krejci is signed, gotta keep kessel tho...got my fingers crossed

Once Florida Panthers defenseman Jay Bouwmeester hits the open market as an unrestricted free agent July 1, the Philadelphia Daily News reports the Flyers will be hot on his trail.
Having already lured free agent goalie Ray Emery to town, a signing that will be made official as soon as the free agent market opens, the Flyers need a backup goaltender and are looking for an upgrade on the blueline.

Bouwmeester sits atop Philadelphia's wish list, but signing him will require another body to move.

The Daily News suggests the Flyers are interested in re-signing Mike Knuble, who can also become a UFA this summer.

According to the paper, the Flyers might try to move Joffrey Lupul and his annual salary of just over $2.31 million.

The Flyers won't be alone in their pursuit of Bouwmeester, however, as the Vancouver Canucks, Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, Colorado Avalanche and Los Angeles Kings are also interested.

supposedly Homer really wants Jay Bo. On the radio they were saying Briere, Carle, and 21st pick could go to the kings for Stoll and the 5th pick.

knowing homer i'm afraid he's gonna offer something massive to jaybo if he clears up space
smh.gif

Should be interesting to see what Kenny Holland does. Hopefully he tries to go get more physical players. The Anaheim series really took its toll on Detroit.We were lucky to get out of that series in one piece. Those big teams are too much for the Wings. Stuart and Ericsson and Kronwall can take it but it seemslike Franzen is the only forward that can. I have heard that Hossa will be inked to a 7 year deal fairly shortly. No clue if its true. His no show reallyturned me off to him. I wouldn't mind seeing Draper, Maltby, Sammuelson and Holmstrom say bye. Need to get Helm, Leino and Abdelkader full time up here.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Am I the only one that thinks Bouwmeester is ridiculously overrated?
no sir...i never understood the hype either

Helm definitely needs to be on that 3rd or 4th line for the Wings and the 2nd unit PK.........

Can't wait to see what the Leafs do........Burke has said we will be spending $$$$ this off-season and we'll be right up around the cap. I've beenhearing from friends of Cammalleri that he wants to play here, my only problem is that he won't do as well as he did in Calgary since we don't haveanyone to play with him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cquan05

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/?name=sergei+gonchar
Sergei Gonchar, the defenceman who played the final two rounds with a torn medial collateral ligament after absorbing a knee-to-knee hit from Washington's Alex Ovechkin in the second round, wants to enjoy a Stanley Cup that took 15 seasons for him to win before worrying about the pursuit of a second.
This dude played with a torn MCL?
eek.gif
eek.gif

this is why i love hockey and respect hockey players so much. gonchar plays with a torn mcl, recchi playing with kidney stones, dude on the capsplaying with a broken foot

hockey players...respect
pimp.gif

I don't see how the Flyers will clear enough cap space... Am I the only one that thinks Bouwmeester is ridiculously overrated?

i don't see it either..........i don't think he's worth 7-8 million
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Should be interesting to see what Kenny Holland does. Hopefully he tries to go get more physical players. The Anaheim series really took its toll on Detroit. We were lucky to get out of that series in one piece. Those big teams are too much for the Wings. Stuart and Ericsson and Kronwall can take it but it seems like Franzen is the only forward that can. I have heard that Hossa will be inked to a 7 year deal fairly shortly. No clue if its true. His no show really turned me off to him. I wouldn't mind seeing Draper, Maltby, Sammuelson and Holmstrom say bye. Need to get Helm, Leino and Abdelkader full time up here.
I doubt they'll dump character vets like Draper and Maltby. They'll prolly let Hudler and Sammuelson walk, opening up room for Helm andLeino.

PHILADELPHIA -- Derian Hatcher's tenure as an NHL defencemen ended Monday -- right around the time his coaching career began.

Hatcher announced his retirement -- ending a 17-year playing career -- and was immediately named player development coach with Philadelphia, where he spent the past four years. Hatcher takes over the position from Eric Desjardins, another former Flyer who stepped down to pursue other interests.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

it's because he plays for the panthers. he's known more for playing with team canada

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

it's because he plays for the panthers. he's known more for playing with team canada
Well said..........Bouwmeester IMO is one of the best young D the League has. I'm talking in OVERALL performance, on both sides of the pucketc etc....If he goes to a big market team, and a team that is half decent, he will put up CAREER #'s in the upcoming season. He doesn't get as muchexposure as a Mike Green or Nick Lidstrom becuase of the fact that he plays on the Panthers and it's a team that doesn't have a star like Sid, AO,etc.......

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Well said..........Bouwmeester IMO is one of the best young D the League has. I'm talking in OVERALL performance, on both sides of the puck etc etc....If he goes to a big market team, and a team that is half decent, he will put up CAREER #'s in the upcoming season. He doesn't get as much exposure as a Mike Green or Nick Lidstrom becuase of the fact that he plays on the Panthers and it's a team that doesn't have a star like Sid, AO, etc.......
gotcha. that makes sense i guess

Back
Top Bottom