Official 2009 World Baseball Classic vol. II

Originally Posted by daglove20

Yeah all those runners left on base were ridiculous, if it's one knock on team Japan is they need more power, especially after their lone power hitter went out with an injury. Even still Japan's pitching was overpowering and hopefully in 2013 they'll bring those arms again.
If power is something that Japan lacks, was Matsui an option even though his knee is a question? I mean if he was a DH, he could do major damage.And why didn't he play in '06?

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by daglove20

Yeah all those runners left on base were ridiculous, if it's one knock on team Japan is they need more power, especially after their lone power hitter went out with an injury. Even still Japan's pitching was overpowering and hopefully in 2013 they'll bring those arms again.
If power is something that Japan lacks, was Matsui an option even though his knee is a question? I mean if he was a DH, he could do major damage. And why didn't he play in '06?
I never claim to know a lot about baseball, but we relied much more on our finesse than our power, and our sole power-hitter, Murata, got hurt. Iloved the balance we had with Murata being our single guy who could knock the ball out, he was greatly missed in the lineup tonight. Some power in our line-upwould have definitely helped, but we relied on a single guy, that's why we ended up having like 15 stranded.

Japan

pimp.gif

Japan has some other players with pop...I'm not sure why Takeya Nakamura wasn't on the team.

When it comes down to it though, power hitters aren't as important in their strategy. A lot of times they left RISP, they were diverging from theirstrategy of maintaining a patient approach at the plate and moving runners over. Small ball. This style, when executed, has proven to be incredibly difficultfor the western teams to combat. It makes sense, though. Just imagine how frustrating it is to face a lineup full of Ichiro's and Aoki's who are goingto make you throw strikes and drive up your pitch count. I'd rather face a lineup full of Adam Dunn's any day
laugh.gif

Anyhow...A great game by both teams. Much respect.

Amazing game. First time I've watched a baseball game from beginning to end...

Props to both Korea and Japan. I may officially start watching baseball now.

Yo JapanAir I got a question for you. Koreans have some bitter hatred towards Ichiro ever since

he made some "comments"... Do you know what he said???

Was it worth KOREA getting upset over or did Korea overreact... as usual haha.

Originally Posted by duncarooos

Amazing game. First time I've watched a baseball game from beginning to end...

Props to both Korea and Japan. I may officially start watching baseball now.

Yo JapanAir I got a question for you. Koreans have some bitter hatred towards Ichiro ever since

he made some "comments"... Do you know what he said???

Was it worth KOREA getting upset over or did Korea overreact... as usual haha.
This Korea/Japan hatred has been going on long before Ichiro said anything.

Matsui didnt play in 06' because supposedly Steinbrenner asked him not to and his loyalty was more to the Yankees. That did upset Japanese fans a littleand Ichiro gained more popularity since he did play for team Japan and won. As for the Ichiro comment, I'm not sure so I apologize if I'm wrongdidn't he just say that he wanted Japan to dominate in baseball in Asia like they are 40 years ahead or something? I don't remember him specificallysaying Korea but I could be dead wrong. To me that's not completely insulting, maybe arrogant at best but nothing to get worked up over.

i was at tthe game to clear some confusion up Koreans dont like Ichiro because hes a big trash talker

Back
Top Bottom