OFFICIAL 2010-11 NHL SEASON THREAD ... Regular season has ended. Visit Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread.

this dude is made out of glass, for real

[h1]DiPietro Expected to Miss 4-6 Weeks[/h1]

[h2]Goaltender sidelined with facial fractures and knee swelling[/h2]

Friday, 02.04.2011 / 11:37 AM/ News
The New York Islanders announced today that goaltender Rick DiPietro is expected to miss the next four to six weeks with both facial fractures and knee swelling.

DiPietro, 29, has played in 21 games with the Islanders this season, posting a 7-10-4 record with a 3.36 goals against average (GAA) and a .890 save percentage (sv%). The Winthrop, MA, native was the first overall selection in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft. In 302 career regular season games with the Islanders, DiPietro shows a 126-127-8 record with a 2.83 GAA and a .904 save percentage.

laugh.gif

shouldnt be laughing though, this dude cant catch a break
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

paille gone for 4 games
30t6p3b.gif

Updated: February 4, 2011, 12:11 PM ET

[h1]Daniel Paille suspended 4 games[/h1]

Boston Bruins forward Daniel Paille was suspended four games by the league Friday for his blindside hit to Dallas Stars forward Raymond Sawada in Thursday night's game in Boston.

Paille had a Friday morning disciplinary hearing via conference call with league vice president of hockey operations Mike Murphy.

The Bruins, in a statement, said Paille would comment after practice Friday.

Normally, league disciplinarian Colin Campbell would have held the hearing. However, Campbell's son, Gregory Campbell, is a Bruins forward and was involved in Thursday night's game, in which Paille was ejected for an illegal hit to the head.

Paille got a match penalty for his hit on Sawada in the second period of the Bruins' 6-3 win in Boston.

Sawada had lost control of the puck and as he leaned down to gain control, Paille connected with a blindside hit to Sawada's shoulder and head.

Sawada was able to get up on his own and skated off, but did not return. Stars coach Marc Crawford said Friday morning that Sawada had a broken nose and a sprained shoulder.

"It's a bad hit, right? That's what they're trying to get rid of and you can't be hypocritical about it when it happens to you and say it's fine when your teammate does it," Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference said after the game. "You hear it from every player after they do it; they feel bad. I talked to Danny and he feels bad. It's tough, that backchecking forward, to make those kind of hits. It's so hard to do it in a clean fashion with the new rules."

It was an unusually violent game from the start. In the first four seconds of the game, there were three separate fights. Stars agitator Steve Ott bloodied Gregory Campbell one second after the puck was dropped. That was followed by Boston's Shawn Thornton pounding Stars forward Krys Barch one second later.

And then Boston's Adam McQuaid was fighting Dallas' Brian Sutherby four seconds in as the crowd roared with approval.

Pierre LeBrun covers the NHL for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

freakin' crosby
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

half kidding

That was a clean hit.
30t6p3b.gif
If they wanna call it a blindside hit then suspend him, fine, but it was literally announced in the arena as a HEADSHOT MATCH PENALTY, which is something i've never heard as a call before. Unless i'm blind, all the replays i've seen were shoulder to shoulder. On the plus side, we get to see what Zach Hamill can do.

Game was great last night, I had a feeling Ott/Campbell would go off the faceoff but I never expected 3 fights in 4 seconds, then Ferrence with a straight up KO.
eek.gif
He's really stepped up his body game.
pimp.gif

I almost didnt wanna go cause I barely slept the night before and had school all day.
laugh.gif
Whenever I think that, it ends up being an awesome game.

Shawn Thornton turning into a sniper this season.
pimp.gif

Boston fans. Is Wheeler still up for sale?

NO GET OUT OF HERE!
laugh.gif
The answer is probably yes though. I'm the only Wheeler fan in Boston, but he could get you some goals. Send us Ehrhoff.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

That was a clean hit.
30t6p3b.gif
If they wanna call it a blindside hit then suspend him, fine, but it was literally announced in the arena as a HEADSHOT MATCH PENALTY, which is something i've never heard as a call before. Unless i'm blind, all the replays i've seen were shoulder to shoulder. On the plus side, we get to see what Zach Hamill can do.

Game was great last night, I had a feeling Ott/Campbell would go off the faceoff but I never expected 3 fights in 4 seconds, then Ferrence with a straight up KO.
eek.gif
He's really stepped up his body game.
pimp.gif

I almost didnt wanna go cause I barely slept the night before and had school all day.
laugh.gif
Whenever I think that, it ends up being an awesome game.

Shawn Thornton turning into a sniper this season.
pimp.gif

Boston fans. Is Wheeler still up for sale?

NO GET OUT OF HERE!
laugh.gif
The answer is probably yes though. I'm the only Wheeler fan in Boston, but he could get you some goals. Send us Ehrhoff.
smile.gif

agreed with all that man. i thought the hit was clean, and i think the league is just being overly cautious about that

as far as wheeler, that's two of us that are fans man. i like him. i think he works hard, and i think he's pretty effective on the PK. he doesn't finish as much as you'd like, but in his defense, he gets very little chance to settle in with two linemates with all the line shuffling that goes on.

very excited to see hamill tomorrow
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Pat Lofontaine...sad. Him and Lindros used to be some of my favorites...

Reading that stuff is scary, you see it in all sports, guys who just can't shake concussions and don't recover quickly.
frown.gif
 Im scared... legit

two in like a week... 
sick.gif
 the kid jus started driving again a few days ago... like what the *++!, ive had concussions before where i had a migraine from when it happened to like 18 hrs later n couldnt see or function but dudes been out for weeeks now 
tired.gif
 I jus hope since theyve alrdy clinched basically they jus give him until a few weeks before playoffs n let him fine tune the chemistry w/ hopefully that bum Malkin
mad.gif
and Kunitz

JewSeeJay wrote:
frown.gif
 Im scared... legit

two in like a week... 
sick.gif
 the kid jus started driving again a few days ago... like what the *++!, ive had concussions before where i had a migraine from when it happened to like 18 hrs later n couldnt see or function but dudes been out for weeeks now 
tired.gif
 I jus hope since theyve alrdy clinched basically they jus give him until a few weeks before playoffs n let him fine tune the chemistry w/ hopefully that bum Malkin
mad.gif
and Kunitz

Pens are handling business though. Your squad like aforementioned is still winning games without their 2 superstars, that in itself shouldn't go unnoticed. Once Crosby gets back you guys will probably go on another crazy streak too.

I dont know this for sure cause I havent been following it but I bet if this was the SC Finals, Crosby would be playing. I'm not saying anything about him, but they're probably playing extra careful in the wake of the Savard thing and everything going on the NFL. Hes the Jesus Christ Super-All-Star of that team, not to mention the league.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Sidney Crosby doesn't skate with his head down like Lindros. He'll be fine.
Exactly what I was going to say.

Lindros' size and strength as a junior allowed him develop bad habits. In the O, he was able to skate recklessly with his head because there were no consequences-- and even if he was hit, he was so much bigger than his peers, that there would be no damage.

These habits carried over into the NHL, which is why we saw him get clobbered so many times. Unfortunately for Eric, though, the guys in the NHL are considerably bigger than those in junior.

Eric Lindros is still hall of fame worthy if you ask me

he changed the game as the first big man with speed and skill, he may not have lived up to the Gretzky/Mario "Next One" tag but he still had a VERY good career.

Looking back it's a shame how his career with the Flyers went down, I put the blame 50/50 on his dad and Bobby Clarke

Possibly?
laugh.gif
torn ACL and MCL my man... his season is over and his 100 pt days look like theyre behind him
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
nah i know. but i didn't want to jump the gun. they havent decided on season ending surgery yet i heard

Malkin won't be back to normal for 2 years in all reality, that sucks for him, wish him the best

on a side note, I was looking for jerseys, dude sold 132 Clark Griswold Hawks jerseys in like a two and a half months, that's probably a quick $4,000 profit
eek.gif
GENIUS

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLARK-GRISWOLD-CHRISTMAS-VACATION-CHI-BLACKHAWKS-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ360220912483QQcategoryZ24510QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6901346681080693353

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Teams gonna be putting 3 guys on Crosby at all times now..
laugh.gif
sick.gif
 Not Funny... it was alrdy bad enough... man J Staal is a beast but I hope he adds a shot to his game and stops screening the goalie like half of  the time hes on the ice

I kno thats where hes best and what makes sense usually but we realllllyyyy need another playmaker now 
tired.gif

Cooke tried to do some damage on that hit....
30t6p3b.gif

I wonder what Pittsburgh does to shake things up...can't see them keeping things status quo before the deadline.

Good win for the Caps
pimp.gif

PP is oh so close to regaining it's form....even tho the caps didn't score on the PP they were moving the puck well and had some good chances.

Back
Top Bottom