OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

laugh.gif
why because I asked a legit question? Either answer it or keep it moving. Ain't even my question, thought it would spark something up in the downtime between now and the game.

I mean, we are talking about one of the most gifted offensive players ever and a dude who plays like a fat !+% old man in the paint at your local gym...

FTR, I wasn't saying he's better than Dirk or he's close to Dirk. I just thought it was an interesting point to bring up since Zach can also score in bunches + has a pretty good post game. *shrugs*

Originally Posted by Proshares

FTR, I wasn't saying he's better than Dirk or he's close to Dirk. I just thought it was an interesting point to bring up since Zach can also score in bunches + has a pretty good post game. *shrugs*

Z-Bo can score no doubt but he doesn't have the range out to 20+ feet that Dirk does. 

And while Dirk doesn't bang in the post like Z-Bo he is $$$ with those off balance 7-10 feet shots.

Originally Posted by Proshares

This is sure to stir up another good argument
laugh.gif

Has Randolph eclipsed Dirk as the best scoring PF in the league?

So we just openly trollin now?
Spoiler [+]
tumblr_lkf3ixEh2R1qzb7vjo1_500.jpg

Naw not better than Dirk.

He is definitely one of the most unguardable one on one bigs in the league, but Dirk is really unstoppable.

Of course, some people will make it seem like its not close at all, but Dirk does have the edge.Its funny to discuss when we were just discussing who was better between Zbo and Love..

If Dwight Howard comes to the Lakers and wears #12, that should hopefully mean I don't have to see Shannon Brown ever again in a Lakers uniform.

Originally Posted by PMatic

If Dwight Howard comes to the Lakers and wears #12, that should hopefully mean I don't have to see Shannon Brown ever again in a Lakers uniform.

laugh.gif

Kings seek evidence to silence Lakers coach

The owners of the Sacramento Kings sent a representative to Brea Friday morning in an attempt to gather proof of what they perceived to be negative comments by Lakers coach Phil Jackson about their proposed move to Anaheim.

Jessica Mackaness, an attorney representing Joe and Gavin Maloof, showed up at my house to try to persuade me to give her a tape of Jackson making a comment about the Kings' efforts to relocate.

Mackaness said the Kings' owners planned to turn over the tape to the NBA and Lakers in an effort to stop Jackson from making further comments.

However, the Register declined to turn over the tape. As a matter of policy, the Register does not release unpublished material gathered in the reporting of stories.

Although the NBA films all pregame press conferences during the playoffs, Mackaness said the league didn't have a copy of the statement Jackson made before the Lakers played New Orleans in Game 2 of the first round of the NBA playoffs.

Yet, I had the tape recording of Jackson's press conference in which he was asked what he thought about the Dodgers-Frank McCourt situation. Major League Baseball took control of the Dodgers last week.

Jackson said: "Oh, man. I think it's the same thing with the Maloofs in Sacramento, a similar situation there. I can see where the league had to step in and monitor that. It's unfortunate for our fans here. Hopefully, the Dodgers will recover."

With Lakers owner Jerry Buss opposed to the move, Jackson has been seen as something of a public spokesman, siding with Sacramento's efforts to keep the Kings.

"We're reaching out to the Lakers," Mackaness said, adding that Jackson is seen as an influential person in the NBA and could sway the public perception.

Jackson's latest comment wasn't nearly as harsh as his previous statements about the Kings' proposed move. On March 26, the Lakers coach said the idea of having three NBA teams in a 40-mile radius was "ridiculous."

"It just doesn't make sense to do that," Jackson said. "...to have another team, 40-45 miles away, that puts a lot of pressure on everybody in the area."

Nearly two weeks later, Jackson expounded on the issue in an interview with SI.com, saying:

"I don't see any community, I don't care if it's Bombay with 25 million (people), being able to support three teams (in the same market)," Jackson said. "I know Istanbul does it with three soccer teams, and England does it in London with three soccer teams in the surrounding area, but it makes it very difficult in our community and our television area to do that kind of a thing. It will hurt all the franchises."

The Lakers could lose as much as $500 million in their upcoming television deal with Time Warner if the Kings moved to Anaheim.
Link

Maloofs.
laugh.gif

It’s true that Allen is so difficult to guard because he weaves through an array of screens in the half court. That does a lot to fatigue Wade on the other end of the floor. Many people have said this is the reason Allen has had the upper hand.

But if you ask Wade, he will tell you differently. Heading into their fourth and final matchup of the regular season, Wade admitted, yes, it’s difficult to chase Allen around everywhere, but then he dropped this little nugget:

“Where he kills you is in transition,

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

It’s true that Allen is so difficult to guard because he weaves through an array of screens in the half court. That does a lot to fatigue Wade on the other end of the floor. Many people have said this is the reason Allen has had the upper hand.

But if you ask Wade, he will tell you differently. Heading into their fourth and final matchup of the regular season, Wade admitted, yes, it’s difficult to chase Allen around everywhere, but then he dropped this little nugget:

“Where he kills you is in transition,

^
That's a pretty interesting chess play. 

This Memphis/SA series has been fantastic.  Great emotion out there right now. 

This is over.  Luck runs out, Memphis bout to blow the doors off this series.   That place is goin nuts.  
pimp.gif

CP1708 wrote:
This is over.  Luck runs out, Memphis bout to blow the doors off this series.   That place is goin nuts.  
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
  Damn, I'm not helpin Memphis out too good this week.  Lemme switch tactics.......SA bout to send this to a game 7, they got that vet know how. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

CP1708 wrote:
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
  Damn, I'm not helpin Memphis out too good this week.  Lemme switch tactics.......SA bout to send this to a game 7, they got that vet know how. 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
was thinking about that when SA took the lead

Back
Top Bottom