OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

NOW LET US CONTINUE THE SEASON!

Bulls are gonna take that #1 spot soon!
5PlTg.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Apparently the Knicks want Tyson Chandler too.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
We do though, just waiting for yall to mess up in the playoffs
laugh.gif
A 1st round exit would be lovely.

I'd be down for trading away the rest of our bench in the offseason to make a decent offer to Tyson.

Melo-STAT-T.Chandler front court got at least one person playing defense.

Apparently the Knicks want Tyson Chandler too.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
We do though, just waiting for yall to mess up in the playoffs
laugh.gif
A 1st round exit would be lovely.

I'd be down for trading away the rest of our bench in the offseason to make a decent offer to Tyson.

Melo-STAT-T.Chandler front court got at least one person playing defense.

Trust, if he's healthy, we're making it to the WCF.

oh god here we go again
roll.gif
 maverick fans dont ever learn. can we get the old mavericks thread bumped or something? u guys always talk hella @+$* and end up getting eliminated early. can you atleast wait this year before talking grimey? you remember what happen with the spurs last year?

Trust, if he's healthy, we're making it to the WCF.

oh god here we go again
roll.gif
 maverick fans dont ever learn. can we get the old mavericks thread bumped or something? u guys always talk hella @+$* and end up getting eliminated early. can you atleast wait this year before talking grimey? you remember what happen with the spurs last year?

Hey man, you can discount us all you want, talk all you want, I'm saying, if we're healthy, we're going deep this year.

This ain't the same team, we're a defensive team. Chandler has changed the culture of our ball-club. We're deep. We're playing confident, we're playing and beating all the great teams. How many losses we got between Boston, LA, Miami, Chicago, San Antonio, and the other great teams in the L right now? Better than everyone else, I'll spare the numbers.

Hey man, you can discount us all you want, talk all you want, I'm saying, if we're healthy, we're going deep this year.

This ain't the same team, we're a defensive team. Chandler has changed the culture of our ball-club. We're deep. We're playing confident, we're playing and beating all the great teams. How many losses we got between Boston, LA, Miami, Chicago, San Antonio, and the other great teams in the L right now? Better than everyone else, I'll spare the numbers.

But come playoff time, you're still the Mavericks.

But come playoff time, you're still the Mavericks.

And we're still the same Mavericks who have made it to the Finals not that long ago.

You compare us to that team that made it to the Finals? A damn joke of a team compared to what we got now. There aren't any threats in the West until you get till at least the second round.

We going to lose to Portland? Or a team of that caliber?

No.

San Antonio had a rough regular season last year and were probably one of the better teams in the West when healthy.

This year? When the Mavericks are healthy? One of the best.

And we're still the same Mavericks who have made it to the Finals not that long ago.

You compare us to that team that made it to the Finals? A damn joke of a team compared to what we got now. There aren't any threats in the West until you get till at least the second round.

We going to lose to Portland? Or a team of that caliber?

No.

San Antonio had a rough regular season last year and were probably one of the better teams in the West when healthy.

This year? When the Mavericks are healthy? One of the best.

Year goes by, we're goin deep....

They don't

Next season, we're goin deep.....

They don't

Next season again, we're goin deep.....

They don't

And then the next season yet again.....

And again

And again

Repeat

Etc etc

What're we doin here?  No really, why?  Why do this to yourself, year after year after year after year....... @#$% you could sweep the playoffs this year for all I care, why on Earth with your history of failure would you come in and tell a bunch of NBA people that "THIS" year is ANY different then the rest of your damn history?  Why? 

That team that went to the finals 5 years ago, FULL of youth.  THIS team?  Not.  You have ZERO idea if these older guys can even go another THREE months solid in the playoffs. 

You bring up the Spurs team from last year, the team that beat you, and then was promptly SWEPT the next round.  So I mean.......damn man. 

EVERY SINGLE YEAR, Dirk out there alone tryna win when it matters.  I don't give a flying @#$% about Tyson Chandler, he's fine, and certainly helps on D, but when you need buckets at the end of games, Dirk will be out there just as always, HOPING for Terry and Kidd and Marion to do something. 
30t6p3b.gif

Like I said, they may well go 16-0 April-June, but you predicting it is beyond ridiculous and stupid frankly.  There is NOTHING to base it off of.  NOTHING.  Everything in your entire franchise history tells everyone EVERYONE that in 2 months it will be "yup, same old Mavs"  If I'm wrong, terrific for you guys, you will have much to celebrate, if and when I'm right, we get to just add it to the long @#$ list of "this year it's differents" that i listed at the start of this post.  Quit doin this to yourself. 

Year goes by, we're goin deep....

They don't

Next season, we're goin deep.....

They don't

Next season again, we're goin deep.....

They don't

And then the next season yet again.....

And again

And again

Repeat

Etc etc

What're we doin here?  No really, why?  Why do this to yourself, year after year after year after year....... @#$% you could sweep the playoffs this year for all I care, why on Earth with your history of failure would you come in and tell a bunch of NBA people that "THIS" year is ANY different then the rest of your damn history?  Why? 

That team that went to the finals 5 years ago, FULL of youth.  THIS team?  Not.  You have ZERO idea if these older guys can even go another THREE months solid in the playoffs. 

You bring up the Spurs team from last year, the team that beat you, and then was promptly SWEPT the next round.  So I mean.......damn man. 

EVERY SINGLE YEAR, Dirk out there alone tryna win when it matters.  I don't give a flying @#$% about Tyson Chandler, he's fine, and certainly helps on D, but when you need buckets at the end of games, Dirk will be out there just as always, HOPING for Terry and Kidd and Marion to do something. 
30t6p3b.gif

Like I said, they may well go 16-0 April-June, but you predicting it is beyond ridiculous and stupid frankly.  There is NOTHING to base it off of.  NOTHING.  Everything in your entire franchise history tells everyone EVERYONE that in 2 months it will be "yup, same old Mavs"  If I'm wrong, terrific for you guys, you will have much to celebrate, if and when I'm right, we get to just add it to the long @#$ list of "this year it's differents" that i listed at the start of this post.  Quit doin this to yourself. 

You go find a year where I said this is our year.

I haven't been optimistic about this team having a shot at the Finals since 07.

But whatever, you're just an old, bitter man.

The team that was full of youth five years ago? With studs like Devin Harris and Josh Howard who are now non-factors on their respective teams? Center-duo of Diop and Dampier who are great players?

Of course there is stuff to base it off of. We're playing better defense than this franchise ever has. We have the best Center this franchise has ever had.

Lakers make it three straight years to Finals on youth? How'd youth work in Cleveland? We have a few young guys on our roster. Beaubois is working on getting healthy, Barea penetrates like he wants to be Tony Parker, and Tyson Chandler isn't a grumpy old man like you are either.

We haven't been expending our players playing them 30 minutes a game. We're deep. Caron Butler went down, probably our third best player, and we're still kickin'. If it weren't for our ironman Dirk going out for 9 games, we'd probably be up there with San Antonio right now.

If we ain't healthy, that all goes down the drain, but when we're healthy? I'm just saying, I'm not afraid of facing anyone in the West that we wouldn't meet in the WCF.

If you sat down and watched a few games you'd realize that this team has a different vibe to them. They close out late games that they use to lose to teams like the Celtics and Lakers. We win with defense.

What the hell do you want us to do? Relocate? Re-name our team? Go buy a superstar like Carmelo Anthony to have us be "a different Mavericks team?"

The only thing that's the same about this team from the 06-07 Mavericks is JET and Dirk. Chandler is new to us. Beaubois is going to come into his own. Haywood and Caron had their first full year with us (whether Caron comes back or not, who knows). Right now we got Peja in our rotation. What exactly is it you want us to do? You want us to wait till the Playoffs and see us lose in the first round again?

What do you want us to do? Say we suck and we're wasting our time? Just to tank every game so we can just sit at home and sulk and be a terrible franchise like the Kings? Just sit here like blind mice and just let other teams walk all over us? What the hell does history have to do with this year? The Warriors won back in the 70s, they your dark horse this year? This ain't the same team.

Just because the Spurs beat us in a match-up where we got outwitted by their guards mean we couldn't have won any games against anyone else? What does the Spurs getting swept have to do with us? It's all match-ups, you should know that.

I pray to God we get to play the Lakers in the Playoffs before this core breaks up...
30t6p3b.gif

You go find a year where I said this is our year.

I haven't been optimistic about this team having a shot at the Finals since 07.

But whatever, you're just an old, bitter man.

The team that was full of youth five years ago? With studs like Devin Harris and Josh Howard who are now non-factors on their respective teams? Center-duo of Diop and Dampier who are great players?

Of course there is stuff to base it off of. We're playing better defense than this franchise ever has. We have the best Center this franchise has ever had.

Lakers make it three straight years to Finals on youth? How'd youth work in Cleveland? We have a few young guys on our roster. Beaubois is working on getting healthy, Barea penetrates like he wants to be Tony Parker, and Tyson Chandler isn't a grumpy old man like you are either.

We haven't been expending our players playing them 30 minutes a game. We're deep. Caron Butler went down, probably our third best player, and we're still kickin'. If it weren't for our ironman Dirk going out for 9 games, we'd probably be up there with San Antonio right now.

If we ain't healthy, that all goes down the drain, but when we're healthy? I'm just saying, I'm not afraid of facing anyone in the West that we wouldn't meet in the WCF.

If you sat down and watched a few games you'd realize that this team has a different vibe to them. They close out late games that they use to lose to teams like the Celtics and Lakers. We win with defense.

What the hell do you want us to do? Relocate? Re-name our team? Go buy a superstar like Carmelo Anthony to have us be "a different Mavericks team?"

The only thing that's the same about this team from the 06-07 Mavericks is JET and Dirk. Chandler is new to us. Beaubois is going to come into his own. Haywood and Caron had their first full year with us (whether Caron comes back or not, who knows). Right now we got Peja in our rotation. What exactly is it you want us to do? You want us to wait till the Playoffs and see us lose in the first round again?

What do you want us to do? Say we suck and we're wasting our time? Just to tank every game so we can just sit at home and sulk and be a terrible franchise like the Kings? Just sit here like blind mice and just let other teams walk all over us? What the hell does history have to do with this year? The Warriors won back in the 70s, they your dark horse this year? This ain't the same team.

Just because the Spurs beat us in a match-up where we got outwitted by their guards mean we couldn't have won any games against anyone else? What does the Spurs getting swept have to do with us? It's all match-ups, you should know that.

I pray to God we get to play the Lakers in the Playoffs before this core breaks up...
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom