OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

So, who are the Thunder supposedly giving up if they going to get Jefferson or Millsap? 
What trade pieces do they have to make Utah want to make a deal with them? Especially when they are in the same division. They have to give up a few of their rotational players to get a starting caliber big man. I guarantee you OKC is debating on whether or not they want to get rid of Jeff Green. 
laugh.gif

So, who are the Thunder supposedly giving up if they going to get Jefferson or Millsap? 
What trade pieces do they have to make Utah want to make a deal with them? Especially when they are in the same division. They have to give up a few of their rotational players to get a starting caliber big man. I guarantee you OKC is debating on whether or not they want to get rid of Jeff Green. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Fans who watch basketball...No offense the playoffs were awful this decade cause teams like the '07 Cavs made it
roll.gif
.  No more of that.  The league over-expanded and got watered down.  European soccer does it right, you have big market teams which get the big market players, that is how it should be.  80's Basketball where teams had multiple stars>>90's basketball where it was one star surrounded mostly by role players.
Please stop.
tired.gif

Fans who watch basketball...No offense the playoffs were awful this decade cause teams like the '07 Cavs made it
roll.gif
.  No more of that.  The league over-expanded and got watered down.  European soccer does it right, you have big market teams which get the big market players, that is how it should be.  80's Basketball where teams had multiple stars>>90's basketball where it was one star surrounded mostly by role players.
Please stop.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
everyone is expendable but KD, westie and ibaka (harden is getting there as well)

so that leaves:
jeff green
maynor
kristic
thabo
cook
and maybe aldrich

we have expiring contracts as well (some named above are expiring) plus draft picks (we have the clippers first for this year.. i think it's top 8 protected)

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
everyone is expendable but KD, westie and ibaka (harden is getting there as well)

so that leaves:
jeff green
maynor
kristic
thabo
cook
and maybe aldrich

we have expiring contracts as well (some named above are expiring) plus draft picks (we have the clippers first for this year.. i think it's top 8 protected)

Well I'm sure Utah will want a young wing. If they ask for Harden, do they turn a deal down for Jefferson? That wouldn't make sense.
I'm sure they don't want Maynor back. Any of those other guys outside of Green won't give me a reason to trade a 20 and 10 level big man that's young.

Well I'm sure Utah will want a young wing. If they ask for Harden, do they turn a deal down for Jefferson? That wouldn't make sense.
I'm sure they don't want Maynor back. Any of those other guys outside of Green won't give me a reason to trade a 20 and 10 level big man that's young.

who ever said OKC was going after them?

only names i seen for them was jeff foster, camby,thabeet and Chris Kaman

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I don't get the league is watered down stuff, talent base has never been stronger but it will defiantly seem watered down if all the stars are located in like 3 places.
Agree completely, we are in a boom period of talent...All I'm saying is that I think its good for the league to have its big market teams be exactly that.

I don't get the league is watered down stuff, talent base has never been stronger but it will defiantly seem watered down if all the stars are located in like 3 places.
Agree completely, we are in a boom period of talent...All I'm saying is that I think its good for the league to have its big market teams be exactly that.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I just kept seeing their name come up since Utah was getting a bunch of "calls". 
With Chandler being a FA next year, I would like to see them make a move to sign him since they didn't get him last year. 

Thabeet matches their youth movement, but lacks desire. Foster is laughable. Camby isn't going to be around for much longer and Kaman's contract is ugly. 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I just kept seeing their name come up since Utah was getting a bunch of "calls". 
With Chandler being a FA next year, I would like to see them make a move to sign him since they didn't get him last year. 

Thabeet matches their youth movement, but lacks desire. Foster is laughable. Camby isn't going to be around for much longer and Kaman's contract is ugly. 

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by HOOD17

At what point does Stern get fired or resigns? He has to be scratching his head right now. The NBA is turning into the 80's. All the small market team, again, don't have a chance at winning the title. 
It's better for the league...90's basketball was watered down, the 80's was better.  Its good for the league to have marquee teams, the league is already watered down, this is a good thing.

How is having a 6-team league good? Good for who?
Good for the fans. Parity is awful from a fan perspective.

Fortunately for small-market teams, they have parity too in the form of a salary cap so there is really no reason for them to complain either.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by HOOD17

At what point does Stern get fired or resigns? He has to be scratching his head right now. The NBA is turning into the 80's. All the small market team, again, don't have a chance at winning the title. 
It's better for the league...90's basketball was watered down, the 80's was better.  Its good for the league to have marquee teams, the league is already watered down, this is a good thing.

How is having a 6-team league good? Good for who?
Good for the fans. Parity is awful from a fan perspective.

Fortunately for small-market teams, they have parity too in the form of a salary cap so there is really no reason for them to complain either.

Of course you happy now that your team doesn't suck.
laugh.gif

Of course you happy now that your team doesn't suck.
laugh.gif

At this point, small market teams best bet is to draft well and/or trade for guys who can produce like those big name players. 
Guys like Jefferson, Kevin Martin, Millsap, Zbo, Love, Aldridge,Monta, etc.,etc. don't mind small market teams. We might as well forget about getting any superstar level guy unless we draft them because its not happening with the way this league is set up. 

The thing is, you can win as long as you have the proper strategy and balance. You don't need a bunch of superstars to win championships. You need a TEAM. Not saying you don't need any all-star level players, but getting a bunch of stars and putting them with guys that probably couldn't start on half of the teams in the league won't work.

Back
Top Bottom