OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

90's Knicks > Spurs History. IMO.
glasses.gif
soooo

winning zero titles in the 90s, all the talent in the world to win one but never did, choking come playoff time and always coming up short. is better then 4 titles?

Soooo....

you chose to ignore the IMO ?

If you take that part you quoted with the overall reply I posted you should be able to understand what I'm talking about.

From an OVERALL basketball standpoint and from an NBA fan standpoint. The Spurs have always been good, but I can barely point out any MAJOR moments during their Championship runs. The Knicks though, have been an NUMEROUS WARS with different teams. Most of the Championships in the 90's were won by the Bulls and they had to go through the Knicks every year to do that. Every series was great. Heat and Pacers series were just as great.

No hate for the Spurs. They have been WAY more successful then the Knicks the past decade.

Can someone compile a list or is there a list out there for the players rumored to be bought out, already bought out and are on the waiver wire? I know of Powe, Murph, Bibby, and Barron. I know most teams are focusing on bigs but any other pgs out there?

Also when can teams officially start signing these players?

If the Sixers surpass the Knicks for the 6th seed then yeah I can see Collins being a legit candidate for COY. Although I really like what Nate's done more.

laugh.gif
@ Baron.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

90's Knicks > Spurs History. IMO.
glasses.gif
soooo

winning zero titles in the 90s, all the talent in the world to win one but never did, choking come playoff time and always coming up short. is better then 4 titles?

Soooo....

you chose to ignore the IMO ?

If you take that part you quoted with the overall reply I posted you should be able to understand what I'm talking about.

From an OVERALL basketball standpoint and from an NBA fan standpoint. The Spurs have always been good, but I can barely point out any MAJOR moments during their Championship runs. The Knicks though, have been an NUMEROUS WARS with different teams. Most of the Championships in the 90's were won by the Bulls and they had to go through the Knicks every year to do that. Every series was great. Heat and Pacers series were just as great.

No hate for the Spurs. They have been WAY more successful then the Knicks the past decade.

Can someone compile a list or is there a list out there for the players rumored to be bought out, already bought out and are on the waiver wire? I know of Powe, Murph, Bibby, and Barron. I know most teams are focusing on bigs but any other pgs out there?

Also when can teams officially start signing these players?

If the Sixers surpass the Knicks for the 6th seed then yeah I can see Collins being a legit candidate for COY. Although I really like what Nate's done more.

laugh.gif
@ Baron.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Chalmers defense > anything Bibby brings to that team.
Exactly.  Rondo and Rose would punch each other at mid court tryna be the first PG to line up vs Bibby in a series.  Be like D Fish East. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Gabe, much respect for the wars the 90's Knicks went thru, and the Spurs every other year run was boring, but winning something > almost winning something.  Regardless.  And yes, I was far more entertained by the Knicks of the 90's, NO question.  Hell, I'm still tryna get games from them on DVD from 92-95. 

Exactly.  Rondo and Rose would punch each other at mid court tryna be the first PG to line up vs Bibby in a series.  Be like D Fish East. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Gabe, much respect for the wars the 90's Knicks went thru, and the Spurs every other year run was boring, but winning something > almost winning something.  Regardless.  And yes, I was far more entertained by the Knicks of the 90's, NO question.  Hell, I'm still tryna get games from them on DVD from 92-95. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, this was all I was basically trying to say. The Knicks battles in the 90's will always be cemented.

So to go back to "How are the Knicks back, they were never here" stuff. Nobody can deny that WITH the Knicks "being back" it makes the league better. Just think about how much the Heat game was pumped up. From now on, ANY Knick game vs. a past rivalry or a current great team is a must-see. Especially if it's in the Garden.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, this was all I was basically trying to say. The Knicks battles in the 90's will always be cemented.

So to go back to "How are the Knicks back, they were never here" stuff. Nobody can deny that WITH the Knicks "being back" it makes the league better. Just think about how much the Heat game was pumped up. From now on, ANY Knick game vs. a past rivalry or a current great team is a must-see. Especially if it's in the Garden.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Made me
laugh.gif
at work

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Made me
laugh.gif
at work

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Aldridge is a franchise player now?

Kinda off topic..... but with the NBA turning into a more Friend-centric league..... are the days of a FRANCHISE player dead and gone?

Kinda off topic..... but with the NBA turning into a more Friend-centric league..... are the days of a FRANCHISE player dead and gone?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Hmmmm. Not necessarily. I mean some teams may try to pursue that superfriends formula but I'd say OKC treats Durant as the franchise player. They're trying to build around him and although Wall hasn't deserved that title I think the Wiz are trying/going to build around him as that

More importantly, I don't think a lot of teams can get the players MIA, BOS, and NY have got even if they already had one piece that should attract others. Main reason why I think NJ will lose Deron and why D12 will probably end up on LA.

With the role players and glue guys from lottery teams if they want a lil more money I could see them opting to team with a franchise player in Durant rather than going to a super team for cheap anyway so it should even out.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Hmmmm. Not necessarily. I mean some teams may try to pursue that superfriends formula but I'd say OKC treats Durant as the franchise player. They're trying to build around him and although Wall hasn't deserved that title I think the Wiz are trying/going to build around him as that

More importantly, I don't think a lot of teams can get the players MIA, BOS, and NY have got even if they already had one piece that should attract others. Main reason why I think NJ will lose Deron and why D12 will probably end up on LA.

With the role players and glue guys from lottery teams if they want a lil more money I could see them opting to team with a franchise player in Durant rather than going to a super team for cheap anyway so it should even out.

Back
Top Bottom