OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by PMatic

Re-watching the game 2, I'll say as long as the Mavs take care of the ball, they should be right there with the Heat. Dirk missed 12 shots, but he easily could've made 6-7 of them. I would say to take Peja completely out of the rotation, but then the alternative would be Cardinal (sorry rck
laugh.gif
). Marion continuing to score 16+ points a game will be huge going forward since he has to play so many minutes to match up with LeBron.
Mavs did a bad job taking care of the ball with 14 turnovers. The Heat got 19 points off of the turnovers. Dirk has got to be stronger with the ball on the wing when the Heat are coming to double team. The other Mavs players need to cut to the basket instead of waiting on the other side of the court too. Otherwise those cross court passes get deflected or intercepted by the Heat and it's an easy two points the other way.

The Mavs didn't get enough from Marion and Barea tonight either. Terry went ghost in the fourth quarter as well.  Peja was useless again, all but confirming he has no business in this series. Mavs need to give Stevenson more minutes as a result.

Stevenson or Brewer.. Someone to give us some intensity.

And JHC, can we keep Wade in front of a COUPLE TIMES in G4? Is that too much to ask?

Peja shouldn't play another minute

i don't understand the unforced errors the mavs keep commiting. my friend just thinks they hear footsteps on every position

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Stevenson or Brewer.. Someone to give us some intensity.

And JHC, can we keep Wade in front of a COUPLE TIMES in G4? Is that too much to ask?
You don't want Brewer in the game. If Brewer is on Wade, game over. I would even try to put him on Lebron.

I guess this is what everyone is talking about with the reporter and LeBron sonning him? If I would've known it was clown +%$ Greg Doyel I doubt that I would've even watched.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Peja shouldn't play another minute

i don't understand the unforced errors the mavs keep commiting. my friend just thinks they hear footsteps on every position
I've never seen such blatantly avoidable turnovers these last 2 games. They realistically shouldn't have more than 10 TO's any game most of them are just bobbled passes or careless handling.

how many years does dirk have left you think?
That's a good question. I think if he still playing well at the end of his contract I can see him leaving though.

Charles made a point about him saying when you look at his game he's not beating his body up banging in the post like most forwards.

3 really good years but dude could play till 40+ and still be effective if he wanted and considering he is not married and has no kids its possible.

True on the Mavs turnovers but they've been doing that all season...they're a veteran team but they make the most simple mistakes. I dunno if it's their practices not being physical/fast enough but they seem to look 1-step slower mentally during the games. It makes no sense why they commit these errors for such a veteran group. 
As for Dirk, he's got 4 years left of being a 20 ppg. The Mavs need to get him a better backup PF next season though and continue to limit his minutes to 34 or 33. He played a near-career low in mpg this season + missing the 10 games due to injury and maybe it's no surprise he's been tearing it up in the playoffs. We need Deron Williams in 2012 though, badly. I don't care about a Big Three or Super Team...I'd like our chances with Dirk + Deron alone

Always a lot less quiet when the Heat win around here. 
laugh.gif

I am hoping the Mavs win the next game tho. Magic Johnson was clearly wrong about saying the Mavs played their best and still lost. Playing their best would be like shooting lights out against the Lakers and continuing playing the great defense. Peja...
embarassed.gif

japanair you still think it was kidd being the kobe and kd stopper? wade is pwning him in this series.

your boy tyson chandler needs to step it up next game
laugh.gif

peja only played 6 minutes
laugh.gif

it might be time to gamble with butler. mavs must win the next 2

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

3 really good years but dude could play till 40+ and still be effective if he wanted and considering he is not married and has no kids its possible.

that's actually a very good point about not having those responsibilities
i can't see him leaving the mavs tho. imagine dirk and nash going somewhere chasing rings together

That was a great game. I think the crown was won last night. I really don't see the Mavs taking two in a row to capture the lead. Their opportunity was last night. The biggest problem is that they go down double figures every game. If MIA ever learns to play with a lead, they are going to very difficult to beat.

There were several moments in the third quarter after they cut the 13 put lead down that they had an opp to take the lead.

As a basketball fan, it was something very good to watch.

I know CP's head will explode, but I wouldn't mind one bit if Nashty came aboard. Anything is better than Fish at this point. I wish he would have retired.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I know CP's head will explode, but I wouldn't mind one bit if Nashty came aboard. Anything is better than Fish at this point. I wish he would have retired.
*banned*

He'd also be a downgrade defensively if that's possible. 

Great game last night, big runs, big plays, was fun to watch.  But I'm not lost on the fact that they are one 6 minute run from being 3-0.  To me, Miami has controlled this series in it's entirety minus those 6 minutes.  Would have loved to seen OT last night though, woulda been great theatre. 

Funny though, remindin me of last year, Home team takes game 1, road team games 2 and 3, see if Dallas can match by getting 4 and 5 at home. 

A downgrade? Worse defender than Fisher at this point? Damb
laugh.gif
You must hate Nash to say that.

Back
Top Bottom