OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by JPZx

Kahn has shown a tiny bit of interest in Igoudala before.

Yeah but what would the T-Wolves offer? I think the Pacers could make an ideal trade partner......Granger and Foster for Iggy and Hawes.
That would go down as one of the most pointless trades in NBA history
laugh.gif
It's really even though isn't it 
laugh.gif
.....but for real, it would help Philly because they'd finally have a go-to player who can SHOOT the ball, plus a tough vet center that could just worry about getting rebounds next to Brand instead of Hawes jackin up three's and being soft and !@#*. Then it would help out the Pacers defensively and athletically adding Iggy. And finally the addition of Hawes makes sure they don't lose any white guys.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by JPZx

Kahn has shown a tiny bit of interest in Igoudala before.

Yeah but what would the T-Wolves offer? I think the Pacers could make an ideal trade partner......Granger and Foster for Iggy and Hawes.
That would go down as one of the most pointless trades in NBA history
laugh.gif
It's really even though isn't it 
laugh.gif
.....but for real, it would help Philly because they'd finally have a go-to player who can SHOOT the ball, plus a tough vet center that could just worry about getting rebounds next to Brand instead of Hawes jackin up three's and being soft and !@#*. Then it would help out the Pacers defensively and athletically adding Iggy. And finally the addition of Hawes makes sure they don't lose any white guys.

Originally Posted by DubA169

the beach is more entertaining than the aviator. that movie bored my brains out. but leo was great in it. i just don't understand how you make Howard Hughes's life boring. especially considering it's Scorsese.

I walked in thinking dude was gonna take a shot at Citizen Kane or something.
ohwell.gif
30t6p3b.gif

You're right though, The Beach is definitely slept on. Chicks came for Titanic 2 and got REAL disappointed.

Anyways, I hope Mozgoon puts Blake through the floor.

Originally Posted by DubA169

the beach is more entertaining than the aviator. that movie bored my brains out. but leo was great in it. i just don't understand how you make Howard Hughes's life boring. especially considering it's Scorsese.

I walked in thinking dude was gonna take a shot at Citizen Kane or something.
ohwell.gif
30t6p3b.gif

You're right though, The Beach is definitely slept on. Chicks came for Titanic 2 and got REAL disappointed.

Anyways, I hope Mozgoon puts Blake through the floor.

Random, but that big @#$ plane that Hughes builds and flies at the end of the movie the "Spruce Goose" is parked about 5 minutes from my house. 
laugh.gif

Obviously known about that stupid plane for years, but never knew that was Howard Hughes creation. 
ohwell.gif

Backstory on Black Mask? 
nerd.gif

Random, but that big @#$ plane that Hughes builds and flies at the end of the movie the "Spruce Goose" is parked about 5 minutes from my house. 
laugh.gif

Obviously known about that stupid plane for years, but never knew that was Howard Hughes creation. 
ohwell.gif

Backstory on Black Mask? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Edward Nigma makes perfect sense for him, I think... That's really about all I can see him doing... Other than... Robin.
sick.gif

It would be a perfect role for him.

Bro, check your PM
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Edward Nigma makes perfect sense for him, I think... That's really about all I can see him doing... Other than... Robin.
sick.gif

It would be a perfect role for him.

Bro, check your PM
laugh.gif

Wait Riddler is going to be in TDKR now? I need to get back up on my movie info.

Only looking forward to seeing Super 8, Harry Potter 7 Pt. II and Transformers, everything else will be on bootleg

Wait Riddler is going to be in TDKR now? I need to get back up on my movie info.

Only looking forward to seeing Super 8, Harry Potter 7 Pt. II and Transformers, everything else will be on bootleg

Originally Posted by CP1708

Backstory on Black Mask? 
nerd.gif
Roman Sionis was born to wealthy and utterly self-absorbed parents who cared more about their social status than their son; moments after his birth, the doctor carelessly dropped him on his head. Roman's parents were less concerned about their son's well-being and more concerned about covering up the entire incident out of fear of how their wealthy friends would react to the news of their son's injury. A second incident occurred when he was a child: While at the Sionis family country estate he was attacked by a rabid raccoon. This incident was also covered up by the Sionis family, who forbade Roman to mention it to anyone.
Further adding to the cauldron was his father's "friendship" with Thomas Wayne; both of Roman's parents disliked the Waynes and were quite vocal about it in private with their son. However, to their son's dismay, they continued to associate with Thomas and Martha Wayne, to the extent of literally forcing him to become friends with their son, Bruce. His parents' hypocrisy had a deep impact on him, and he grew to hate and resent them and the "masks" they wore in public.

After graduating from high school, Sionis was given a high ranking position inside his father's company, Janus Cosmetics. There, he met and fell in love with Circe, a working class secretary. His parents did not approve of the relationship and made it clear that they wanted him to break it off. Enraged, Sionis burned down the family's mansion, killing both of his parents. Upon their deaths, he inherited the family fortune and business. Sionis was not the businessman his father was and eventually ruined Janus Cosmetics by funding a failed line of face-paint make-up. In desperation, he threw large sums of money at the staff chemists to create a product to save the company, and what came back to him was a kind of water-proof makeup. The product was rushed to market without proper testing, and once it hit the market turned out to be a deadly toxin which disfigured several hundred women.
Circe, now Sionis' fiancée, broke up with him in front of his entire staff. At that time, now successful mogul Bruce Wayne offered to bail out the company on the condition that Sionis give up control and allow Wayne to appoint his own Board of Directors. Sionis agreed, but was furious at the humiliation he had suffered. He went to the family mausoleum and broke his father's ebony coffin lid. From a piece of this, Sionis carved a mask, becoming "Black Mask".

Despite having proved inept at business, Sionis finds he has an amazing aptitude for crime, and he soon has a large gang working for him. Calling them the False Face Society, the one requirement is that all members must select a mask from his collection and wear it at all times when on the job and in his presence. They become more and more powerful in the Gotham underworld, until Black Mask decides it is time to take his revenge on Bruce Wayne. He begins kidnapping Wayne Enterprises executives, putting masks on their faces coated in the deadly make-up once made by Janus Cosmetics. He also targets Circe and forcibly disfigures her with the chemicals in order to force her to reunite with him. Circe ultimately commits suicide, leading Black Mask to replace her with a mannequin that he talks to as if it were a real person.

These kidnappings attract Batman's attention, and he begins hunting down the False Facers. He slowly begins to dismantle the organization until he finally finds Black Mask in the ruins of the Sionis Family home. Black Mask lights the wreckage on fire, in an attempt to "kill" his old self and become his new self, Black Mask. Batman saves him, but the mask had been burned onto Sionis' face and leaves him disfigured.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mask_(comics)#cite_note-dc-ency-0

Backstory on Black Mask? 
nerd.gif
Roman Sionis was born to wealthy and utterly self-absorbed parents who cared more about their social status than their son; moments after his birth, the doctor carelessly dropped him on his head. Roman's parents were less concerned about their son's well-being and more concerned about covering up the entire incident out of fear of how their wealthy friends would react to the news of their son's injury. A second incident occurred when he was a child: While at the Sionis family country estate he was attacked by a rabid raccoon. This incident was also covered up by the Sionis family, who forbade Roman to mention it to anyone.
Further adding to the cauldron was his father's "friendship" with Thomas Wayne; both of Roman's parents disliked the Waynes and were quite vocal about it in private with their son. However, to their son's dismay, they continued to associate with Thomas and Martha Wayne, to the extent of literally forcing him to become friends with their son, Bruce. His parents' hypocrisy had a deep impact on him, and he grew to hate and resent them and the "masks" they wore in public.

After graduating from high school, Sionis was given a high ranking position inside his father's company, Janus Cosmetics. There, he met and fell in love with Circe, a working class secretary. His parents did not approve of the relationship and made it clear that they wanted him to break it off. Enraged, Sionis burned down the family's mansion, killing both of his parents. Upon their deaths, he inherited the family fortune and business. Sionis was not the businessman his father was and eventually ruined Janus Cosmetics by funding a failed line of face-paint make-up. In desperation, he threw large sums of money at the staff chemists to create a product to save the company, and what came back to him was a kind of water-proof makeup. The product was rushed to market without proper testing, and once it hit the market turned out to be a deadly toxin which disfigured several hundred women.
Circe, now Sionis' fiancée, broke up with him in front of his entire staff. At that time, now successful mogul Bruce Wayne offered to bail out the company on the condition that Sionis give up control and allow Wayne to appoint his own Board of Directors. Sionis agreed, but was furious at the humiliation he had suffered. He went to the family mausoleum and broke his father's ebony coffin lid. From a piece of this, Sionis carved a mask, becoming "Black Mask".

Despite having proved inept at business, Sionis finds he has an amazing aptitude for crime, and he soon has a large gang working for him. Calling them the False Face Society, the one requirement is that all members must select a mask from his collection and wear it at all times when on the job and in his presence. They become more and more powerful in the Gotham underworld, until Black Mask decides it is time to take his revenge on Bruce Wayne. He begins kidnapping Wayne Enterprises executives, putting masks on their faces coated in the deadly make-up once made by Janus Cosmetics. He also targets Circe and forcibly disfigures her with the chemicals in order to force her to reunite with him. Circe ultimately commits suicide, leading Black Mask to replace her with a mannequin that he talks to as if it were a real person.

These kidnappings attract Batman's attention, and he begins hunting down the False Facers. He slowly begins to dismantle the organization until he finally finds Black Mask in the ruins of the Sionis Family home. Black Mask lights the wreckage on fire, in an attempt to "kill" his old self and become his new self, Black Mask. Batman saves him, but the mask had been burned onto Sionis' face and leaves him disfigured.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mask_(comics)#cite_note-dc-ency-0

^
Good lookin out. 
pimp.gif

God damn, that is some DARK @#$%.  Could you imagine Nolan putting that on screen? 
eek.gif

However, no way he can do that properly while also dealing with Bane.  And Selena. 
30t6p3b.gif

Got my mouth all waterin......@#&^ 

^
Good lookin out. 
pimp.gif

God damn, that is some DARK @#$%.  Could you imagine Nolan putting that on screen? 
eek.gif

However, no way he can do that properly while also dealing with Bane.  And Selena. 
30t6p3b.gif

Got my mouth all waterin......@#&^ 

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Backstory on Black Mask? 
nerd.gif
sick.gif
u live all the way out there?... the only time i see that thing is when i go to spirit mountain...

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Backstory on Black Mask? 
nerd.gif
sick.gif
u live all the way out there?... the only time i see that thing is when i go to spirit mountain...

Wasn't Black Mask in Batman: Under the Red Hood?

Now THAT plot line on the big screen would be
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom