OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

I said it before and I'll say it again, I would do the Billups and Melo for Felton, Gallo, Curry and Pick trade in a heartbeat.
Billups can pretty much do everything Felton can. Melo is an upgrade over Gallo (and I like Gallo), Curry gets no playing time and neither does Anthony Randolph (who I am assuming they would be trading to get that draft pick). Billups contract also expires at the end of next season giving us space to sign Deron/Paul/Dwight. So what makes this a bad trade?

I said it before and I'll say it again, I would do the Billups and Melo for Felton, Gallo, Curry and Pick trade in a heartbeat.
Billups can pretty much do everything Felton can. Melo is an upgrade over Gallo (and I like Gallo), Curry gets no playing time and neither does Anthony Randolph (who I am assuming they would be trading to get that draft pick). Billups contract also expires at the end of next season giving us space to sign Deron/Paul/Dwight. So what makes this a bad trade?

Nashy getting the W.
pimp.gif

20/14.

I've never been too fond of the Top 250 on IMDB. I don't feel like it's a good reflection of what the best of the best really are. Are two SW films really in the top 15? Inception is top 10? It's a great way to see some good flicks, but IMO not a a great way to view the best of the best. It's voted by users, so I'm always a little sketchy on it. I'd much rather see a comprehensive top 250 from critics. They are all GOOD films, just not the best IMO.

If I want to see a genre flick though, I hit up their Top 50 from genres. I'll catch a few titles I may have not have heard of.

I've never been too fond of the Top 250 on IMDB. I don't feel like it's a good reflection of what the best of the best really are. Are two SW films really in the top 15? Inception is top 10? It's a great way to see some good flicks, but IMO not a a great way to view the best of the best. It's voted by users, so I'm always a little sketchy on it. I'd much rather see a comprehensive top 250 from critics. They are all GOOD films, just not the best IMO.

If I want to see a genre flick though, I hit up their Top 50 from genres. I'll catch a few titles I may have not have heard of.

I'm currently going through the revised top 100 on AFI. I'd figure the IMDB one would have a lot of the same movies right? Some thread was made a few weeks about the top 50 best and worst twist endings and I'd figure I go through the good ones of that.

Is there a list out there for every 4 star film? Cuz every time I watch TCM I notice a 4 star film usually never fails to live up to greatness.
Originally Posted by sensation87

That was never the trade though. It was Billups and Melo for Felton, Gallo, Curry, Pick AND another Knicks starter(probably Fields, Chandler or Mozgov). Now if that a deal yall do in a heartbeat that's crazy.

Also there's no certainty that Billups wants to even play in NY. He might seek a buyout once the deal is official. So then we would have traded 3 starters, a pick, and a bum offering cap relief for one top 10 player.

The Don won't be insulted with such a deal. Had he gone through with that he'd have to have more deals in play to actually get us a legit team.

I'm currently going through the revised top 100 on AFI. I'd figure the IMDB one would have a lot of the same movies right? Some thread was made a few weeks about the top 50 best and worst twist endings and I'd figure I go through the good ones of that.

Is there a list out there for every 4 star film? Cuz every time I watch TCM I notice a 4 star film usually never fails to live up to greatness.
Originally Posted by sensation87

That was never the trade though. It was Billups and Melo for Felton, Gallo, Curry, Pick AND another Knicks starter(probably Fields, Chandler or Mozgov). Now if that a deal yall do in a heartbeat that's crazy.

Also there's no certainty that Billups wants to even play in NY. He might seek a buyout once the deal is official. So then we would have traded 3 starters, a pick, and a bum offering cap relief for one top 10 player.

The Don won't be insulted with such a deal. Had he gone through with that he'd have to have more deals in play to actually get us a legit team.

As high of a price it may seem, Id give up Chandler too. Its not like the Knicks were gonna resign him anyway in the off season. Fields and Mozgov on the other hand makes it over the top. I like the way both Fields and Mozgov play. (pause) With that being said, I'd want to make sure that Billups is willing to play in NY before this trade goes down.

As high of a price it may seem, Id give up Chandler too. Its not like the Knicks were gonna resign him anyway in the off season. Fields and Mozgov on the other hand makes it over the top. I like the way both Fields and Mozgov play. (pause) With that being said, I'd want to make sure that Billups is willing to play in NY before this trade goes down.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

It's not a great list, but it's a really good rough estimate, I think... It overrates a lot of the newer stuff initially and some really good older stuff gets pushed off, but as a general rule of thumb, it's pretty solid I think. I see most of the newer, big release stuff that gets overblown on there anyways, so that doesn't bother me all the much. I generally cross-reference older stuff with a couple of sites to see if it's worth a watch. 

250 is probably just too long... It's like recruiting and draft rankings... After a certain point there's a whole lot of movies you can make cases for in the back-end of the list..

And since he's coming back tonight, what are the expectations for Roddy? I think people counting on him to really spark this thing and play a huge role are asking too much. Where's he gonna get minutes? Carlisle never played him against good teams last year, and with Kidd/Terry/Stevenson/Barea playing well right now, I just don't see how he finds the floor... And that's exactly why I don't understand the insistance on not trading him. This has never been an organization that worried about the future. It has always been more geared towards doing what it takes to put a winner on the floor NOW. We've got guard depth. Use Roddy and get another piece that WILL play now and can help us win in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

It's not a great list, but it's a really good rough estimate, I think... It overrates a lot of the newer stuff initially and some really good older stuff gets pushed off, but as a general rule of thumb, it's pretty solid I think. I see most of the newer, big release stuff that gets overblown on there anyways, so that doesn't bother me all the much. I generally cross-reference older stuff with a couple of sites to see if it's worth a watch. 

250 is probably just too long... It's like recruiting and draft rankings... After a certain point there's a whole lot of movies you can make cases for in the back-end of the list..

And since he's coming back tonight, what are the expectations for Roddy? I think people counting on him to really spark this thing and play a huge role are asking too much. Where's he gonna get minutes? Carlisle never played him against good teams last year, and with Kidd/Terry/Stevenson/Barea playing well right now, I just don't see how he finds the floor... And that's exactly why I don't understand the insistance on not trading him. This has never been an organization that worried about the future. It has always been more geared towards doing what it takes to put a winner on the floor NOW. We've got guard depth. Use Roddy and get another piece that WILL play now and can help us win in the playoffs.

I put out a feeler today, see if I get any interest sparked or not, but I may have something to put all this together for later usage. 
wink.gif
  I'll speak on it when I get word back. 

Right now I just wanna have a look-see at what I have seen already, and go from there.  I dunno if I'm tryna get down with Citizen Kane, or Treasure of Sierra Madre and @#$% like that. 
laugh.gif
  But I wanna just glance and see how close I am, and what I would need to do to some work in that regard.  I don't have netflix, but maybe someday I will break down and get that crap, seems the world is headed that way anyways.  Blockbusters everywhere are shutting down since nobody wants to rent a movie for 5 bucks anymore.  Idiots priced themselves outta the market. 

Agreed on that top 50 per genre thing though, that's a handy little breakdown they have there.  Once I get the 250 list down, I may expand and just see where it takes me.  Seems like every damn day I come up with new stupid spreadsheets to work on that take up my time. 
laugh.gif

That Wade to Bron last night was friggin incredible.  How the heck Wade even knew to turn and fire like that, I have no idea, and how Bron was that far down court so early was unreal.  Props to Indy for at least fighting back in that game though.  I had forgotten that Danthay Jones was over there, I remember he had a real big start to his season last year over there, haven't seen much of him since. 

I put out a feeler today, see if I get any interest sparked or not, but I may have something to put all this together for later usage. 
wink.gif
  I'll speak on it when I get word back. 

Right now I just wanna have a look-see at what I have seen already, and go from there.  I dunno if I'm tryna get down with Citizen Kane, or Treasure of Sierra Madre and @#$% like that. 
laugh.gif
  But I wanna just glance and see how close I am, and what I would need to do to some work in that regard.  I don't have netflix, but maybe someday I will break down and get that crap, seems the world is headed that way anyways.  Blockbusters everywhere are shutting down since nobody wants to rent a movie for 5 bucks anymore.  Idiots priced themselves outta the market. 

Agreed on that top 50 per genre thing though, that's a handy little breakdown they have there.  Once I get the 250 list down, I may expand and just see where it takes me.  Seems like every damn day I come up with new stupid spreadsheets to work on that take up my time. 
laugh.gif

That Wade to Bron last night was friggin incredible.  How the heck Wade even knew to turn and fire like that, I have no idea, and how Bron was that far down court so early was unreal.  Props to Indy for at least fighting back in that game though.  I had forgotten that Danthay Jones was over there, I remember he had a real big start to his season last year over there, haven't seen much of him since. 

That's a must huh?  See that's my thing, if someone or someone(s) put me onto something, I will give it a look.  I'm literally that easy. 
laugh.gif

Somebody here at work found out I never watched Sopranos, next day he brought me seasons 1-5 and off I went.  Just finished season 1 last night. 
pimp.gif

Kev, if I get the reply I'm lookin for sometime today, I'll ask for any others you got that are a must iyo.  I'll start puttin a list together in my own head in terms of how and when.  You know once the damn playoffs start, I won't have time to watch @#$%. 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

That's a must huh?  See that's my thing, if someone or someone(s) put me onto something, I will give it a look.  I'm literally that easy. 
laugh.gif

Somebody here at work found out I never watched Sopranos, next day he brought me seasons 1-5 and off I went.  Just finished season 1 last night. 
pimp.gif

Kev, if I get the reply I'm lookin for sometime today, I'll ask for any others you got that are a must iyo.  I'll start puttin a list together in my own head in terms of how and when.  You know once the damn playoffs start, I won't have time to watch @#$%. 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
How have you never watched Citizen Kane? You must have been around a teenager when it came out right?

Sopranos is great though, second greatest television series next to The Wire.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
How have you never watched Citizen Kane? You must have been around a teenager when it came out right?

Sopranos is great though, second greatest television series next to The Wire.

Yeah, you've got to watch Citizen Kane... Surprised your old @%* hasn't already..

And I'd never had a Netflix account either because all my roommates have always had them and I just mooched... But man... It makes life so much easier if you're trying to burn through stuff. It's awesome.

Blockbuster.
laugh.gif
Them idiots completely shot themselves in the @%* ... They went from a monopoly to entirely irrelevant in like two years.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom