Official 2011-2012 Boston Celtics Season Thread 4-20 @ATL (37-26) ATLANTIC CHAMPS

i think this will be the last time we play the big 3 together .... your you guys sake i hope im wrong

Rondo being out is going to hurt an aging team big time. Celts look really old and slow other than Rondo and Allen 

[h1]‘Blow it up’? Finding sensible trades for Boston’s Big Three vets no easy task[/h1]
Celtics president Danny Ainge has told this story a hundred times, on the record for newspapers and in multiple books. But this is newsworthy again Thursday because Boston is 5-8, with no quality wins, an offense that looks like its old self and a defense that doesn’t (via The Boston Globe):
“I sat with Red [Auerbach] during a Christmas party [20 years ago]. Red was talking to Larry [Bird], Kevin [McHale], and myself, and there was a lot of trade discussion at the time, and Red actually shared some of the trade discussions. And I told Red, ‘What are you doing? Why are you waiting?’
“He had a chance to trade Larry [to Indiana] for Chuck Person and Herb Williams and [Steve] Stipanovich, and he had a chance to trade Kevin [to Dallas] for Detlef Schrempf and Sam Perkins. I was, like, ‘Are you kidding?’

“I mean, I feel that way now. If I were presented with those kinds of deals for our aging veterans, it’s a done deal, to continue the success.

“After those guys retired, the Celtics had a long drought.

Let's get this win today and keep the momentum going and try to stop this trade talk nonsense.

Haven't even been checking for C's games like that
30t6p3b.gif

This will hold me over until the Pats game though:pimp:

So what do you guys think, will they actually blow up the team? Right now, destroying the Magic. I say trade Allen and get someone who can create a shot. Ray's defense and passing are worse than a 3rd grader at this point.

Nice to finally get a win over a team that doesn't suck.

[h2]Bradley pleased with his defense on Magic’s Nelson[/h2]
Avery Bradley may have played the best defense of his young career during tonight’s 87-56 Celtics win over Orlando, and nowhere was the guard’s pressure felt more intensely than by the opposing point guard, Jameer Nelson.

“It got to a point where he didn’t want to bring the ball up,

Originally Posted by JD617

Nice to finally get a win over a team that doesn't suck.

[h2]Bradley pleased with his defense on Magic’s Nelson[/h2]

Avery Bradley may have played the best defense of his young career during tonight’s 87-56 Celtics win over Orlando, and nowhere was the guard’s pressure felt more intensely than by the opposing point guard, Jameer Nelson.

“It got to a point where he didn’t want to bring the ball up,

Sucks that we lost though
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Had that game in the bag
30t6p3b.gif
but again, Irving is nice he took that $%%# right to the rack to end it
tired.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
Damn, that was almost a "remote through TV" finish

laugh.gif
Yerp.

Good win . Knicks fans were tight i was in their thread pre-game
laugh.gif
Bunch of herb $@% dudes

Finns you think this team can make a Finals run ?
nerd.gif

We have a lot of good pieces.

I think we need to have guys like Wilcox, Bass, and Pietrus step up. If they can, why not? Bass and Pietrus are just as good as Posey and PJ Brown. We miss Perk but at this point none of the teams we need to get through have a dominant center (Magic don't count). It's all about defense.

Pietrus and, to a lesser extent, Wilcox have never really lived up to their potential. At this point, I'll take whatever they give, but it's unrealistic to think that they will become better players at this point in their careers.

On the other hand, I have some faith in Bass and Bradley. Not that either of them will lead the team to the Finals, but they are guys I'd like to have hang around.

Congrats PAUL! Crazy how back in high school I said one day this guy was going to be the holder of all the records and win a chip. Good stuff and congrats to the cap'n.

Back
Top Bottom