Official 2011-2012 Dallas Mavericks Thread (31-26) Vol: Take a Hike Odom

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

If Odom gives us all he can, he can be great for us. It's sad he'll he a one-and-done like Chandler, and Antawn before him just to stay financially able in 2012.

I really hate this approach we've been taking. Don't like it one bit.

And it's not disrespect ska. I literally haven't updated it recently that's all.
laugh.gif

If we don't make another move I think we'll be fine in the regular season, at least a top 3 seed.

With this super compressed schedule it gives teams like ours an advantage.

However in the playoffs unless we make a trade for a mobile big we out in the second round. '

This pisses me off because if Tyson came back and we had this same roster I would already be planning the parade.

Baffles my mind how for the Cuban era we had Dampier, Bradley, Diop, and Calvin Booth. The first time we get a legit big man, we let him go when clearly his preference was to stay.

Baffles my mind how for the Cuban era we had Dampier, Bradley, Diop, and Calvin Booth. The first time we get a legit big man, we let him go when clearly his preference was to stay.

Bro it makes no sense at all.

Unless Cuban has already been given word that D-Will and Dwight are coming in a package deal it makes no sense.

I mean they won a championship and went through a murder's row to do it. Then even during the regular season last year, when Dirk played they were the best team in the NBA.

I don't see how you break up the proven best team in the NBA for "flexibility"

Tyson is 29 not 34 or even 32.

At worst he falls off after two years and by then Dirk is probably toast so you rebuilding anyways.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Bro it makes no sense at all.

Unless Cuban has already been given word that D-Will and Dwight are coming in a package deal it makes no sense.

I mean they won a championship and went through a murder's row to do it. Then even during the regular season last year, when Dirk played they were the best team in the NBA.

I don't see how you break up the proven best team in the NBA for "flexibility"

Tyson is 29 not 34 or even 32.

At worst he falls off after two years and by then Dirk is probably toast so you rebuilding anyways.

I'll be mad all year about not re signing Chandler, man Cuban he won us a championship, without him we don't win. Give him w/e he wants money wise...he was our anchor...it's going to bite us in the $@+

We can't get Dalembert unless we do a trade and throw a bunch of our S+T money at him, and you can't combine those anyways.

Our roster is full.

And yeah, even if we had a wink-wink with Deron, that's still not worth giving up Tyson on, because if we get Deron, that ties up all our cap space. I'd want both Deron and Dwight, but we all know that is NOT happening.

Yep.

He's a really good individual-defender, not so much like how great Tyson was as a team-defender though.

I actually think he has pretty decent hands too, he's shown he can have games where he can score 10-15, even 20 points before.

It was half-a-dozen years ago, in the Playoffs he had 18/15/5 in a Playoff game!
laugh.gif

Also had a 20/9/4/5 game.
pimp.gif

What I'm worried about is, when he gets in foul trouble, who comes off the bench? LO? Mahinmi? Wright?

I'm scared of who of what happens if Wood goes down..
sick.gif

What I like? He's a great rebounder. Pulled down 10 in 32 minutes before he was traded to Washington, and around that time was almost averaging a double-double (9.8 points). Buckets might be hard to find since he is on a team with so much versatility, but the rebounds and defense is what we really need him for.

That's what I'm saying, don't have a problem with him starting,

But foul trouble and injuries, Mahinmi can't get the job done.
sick.gif

I would've liked to see us go after someone like Elson, Evans, Earl Clark, Gadzuric, Hump (though I know he'll get more money), Leon Powe, Kwame, Murphy, someone.

I'm pretty sure we didn't use our room exception, and I guess we still could, but damn man, come on.

I heard we might've been trying to move Brewer/Fernandez, which could free up space for another big as we have a bit of a jam in our wings, but still.

I'd LOVE to have a guy like Earl Clark or especially Leon Powe.

I don't think we could have afforded Earl Clark, but we could've afforded Leon Powe man..

I don't think we are going into the season on XMAS with this roster, I think we have one more move and it's gonna be for a center

Deal is Done.
Dallas trades Corey Brewer and Rudy Fernandez to Denver for a future 2nd round pick

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein -

Denver gets two quality wing players at low cost by taking Rudy F & Brewer into sizable trade exception. Mavs opt for this move because As much as they liked Brewer, Mavs' thinking is they can now sign two more vets on one-year deals while opening up a little more 2012 space.

Mavs: Vet-laden, win-now team that just added Odom/Vinsanity/Delonte. They also want Roddy B back in mix. So Brewer PT likely limited again

I still think our squad will be exciting to watch.......

2 weeks baby!
pimp.gif

what the hell at the rudy fernandez trade

i wish we still had jordan hamilton from the draft
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by megatron

30t6p3b.gif

I never liked the trade in the first place either,

I watch Jordan since he was with Texas, dude had potential.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by megatron

30t6p3b.gif
Agree with that. All in all though, I am impressed with how Marc and Donnie have handled this offseason. I was not expecting us to get anyone back. I think we should for sure try to see what we have in Roddy and DoJo this season. It would have been nice to have another key young guy on the team, like Hamilton. 
Can't wait for the season to start, and my road trip to OKC on the 29th. Should be an intense atmosphere. 

#mffl
pimp.gif

Please do not bring back Stevenson...that was one of those things that you are happy worked out when it did lol.

And we are still contenders this year, and with sending Rudy and Brewer away...we will have the funds to be contenders for a bunch of years after this season.

Back
Top Bottom