Official 2011-2012 Dallas Mavericks Thread (31-26) Vol: Take a Hike Odom

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

Please do not bring back Stevenson...that was one of those things that you are happy worked out when it did lol.

And we are still contenders this year, and with sending Rudy and Brewer away...we will have the funds to be contenders for a bunch of years after this season.

Naw on a one year deal I bring him back.

Outside of Marion there isn't a single decent defender on the roster.

Come on, this is the Mavericks we're taking about. They don't play young players. They won the championship with a bunch of misfit veterans and so far with the moves they've made, that philosophy still looks the same. Roddy is the only young player that has a chance to play this season and knowing RC, I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick with Delonte West as the season goes on. Dominique Jones is probably headed to the Texas Legends all year. Not sold on Mahinmi yet as a backup, I'd be shocked if they don't get another vet to fill in that backup center spot.I would've thought Brandan Wright could get some minutes but with the Odom trade, he'll just be this year's version of Corey Brewer.

PG - Kidd, West, Roddy
SG - Carter, Terry
SF - Marion, Odom
PF - Dirk, Odom
C - Haywood, ??

I think that will be your main rotation. RC ran the 9-man rotation last year but with the shortened season scheduling this year, he'll probably go with 10

Totally agree with the lineup there, You gotta give Ian a chance though. But a vet backup center would be nice. I wonder if there are any quality big men left on the FA market.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

And yeah, even if we had a wink-wink with Deron, that's still not worth giving up Tyson on, because if we get Deron, that ties up all our cap space. I'd want both Deron and Dwight, but we all know that is NOT happening.

happy.gif

Originally Posted by kiddwill58

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

And yeah, even if we had a wink-wink with Deron, that's still not worth giving up Tyson on, because if we get Deron, that ties up all our cap space. I'd want both Deron and Dwight, but we all know that is NOT happening.

happy.gif

pimp.gif
fixed

Mavs sign Jerome Randle

DALLAS _ The Dallas Mavericks added to their training camp roster this mornng by signing guard Jerome Randle.

Randle was undrafted in the 2010 NBA Draft, but competed that year in the Orlando Magic and Washington Wizards summer leagues. He most recently played overseas in Turkey.

A 5-10, 172-pounder, Randle was chosen as the Pac-10 Player of the Year for Cal-Berkeley as a senior when he averaged 18.6 points and 4.3 assists per game.

The Mavs now have 14 players in training camp.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-t...andle.html#ixzz1gYK9yqfF

I can't wait to see Lamar Odom and Vince Carter on the court.
pimp.gif

I wish we could have gotten Richard Hamilton or Jamal Crawford instead of VC, though.

Wait so instead of getting bigs, we've signed Neitzel and Jerome Randle to unguaranteed deals? I don't really get it.

Get us a big.

We need to sign someone over 6'10 now we can't go into the season with such ineptitude at center

Nietzel and Randle are just training camp bodies. Ryan Hollins still available and I always liked the energy he brought to the court but I don't think he'd come here since he's probably looking for multiple years and we're just looking for veterans who will sign 1-year deals for the minimum.

I'm looking to get some Mavs hoodies...tough to find a solid selection...anyone got some suggestions

just a heads up. the pro shop in the AAC is having 30% offon all 2011 NBA maverick championship items and other non-2011 nba championship items also. got a shirt and the 2012 calendarfor $21.62. paid more for the calendar then i did for the shirt.was planning on going today for this but i have other plans. 

2011_WINTERFEST_header.jpg

Back
Top Bottom